Topic Wiki

IZ = Israel Zion = Maimonides Hospital

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maimonides_Medical_Center:
In 1920 Israel Hospital merged with Zion Hospital to form United Israel Zion Hospital, later renamed Israel Zion Hospital. Maimonides Medical Center was formed as a result of the merger of United Israel Zion Hospital and Beth Moses Hospital in 1947.
Hatzolah uses IZ as code for the hospital. So should we. Unless you are really good at spelling.
« Last edited by YitzyS on March 30, 2020, 09:50:37 PM »

Author Topic: Maimonides  (Read 92329 times)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Maimonides
« Reply #500 on: December 02, 2020, 10:32:51 AM »
Yea... the progression I saw was doctors killed her, yada yada, Hitler is innocent.

Needs a Hitler meter
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 02, 2020, 12:51:04 PM »
Convalescent Plasma is not effective longer than a week after contracting covid.  She came in way past the 1 week mark.  Her doctors weren't pushing to give her plasma since it was too late to be effective, but were willing to give it to make the askanim happy, since it wasn't likely to harm her.
Bob Press didn't allow it to be given.  But that didn't contribute to her death.
1. The Right to Try Act exists to allow patients to try investigative and experimental drugs.
2. The doctors were worried about her leukemia that was in remission being triggered by introduction of plasma.
3. There was no reason to deliver the baby at 27 weeks. She was not fit for a C-Section and they should have known that.

Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 02, 2020, 01:34:31 PM »
1. The Right to Try Act exists to allow patients to try investigative and experimental drugs.
2. The doctors were worried about her leukemia that was in remission being triggered by introduction of plasma.
3. There was no reason to deliver the baby at 27 weeks. She was not fit for a C-Section and they should have known that.
3.If she wasn't oxygenating well, how was the baby doing?  Can a fetus survive (and thrive ) with very low levels?
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 02, 2020, 01:45:06 PM »
3.If she wasn't oxygenating well, how was the baby doing?  Can a fetus survive (and thrive ) with very low levels?
Mother over baby...always. I know its very emotional and everyone is worried about the baby. But Halacha and protocol always put saving the mother over the fetus. They messed up here. Everyone knows it. They did the C-Section becuase they wanted to make it easier for her to breathe. Instead they killed her because she was too weak to withstand the surgery.

The family was also told to go to another hospital when they were still able to and once again the visitation policy of Maimonides played a role. What professionals have been telling everyone is Maimonides visitation policy is great if you want people at your bedside when you die. Been seeing this over and over again. Its pathetic.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline yochiek93

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 02, 2020, 04:52:32 PM »
Mother over baby...always. I know its very emotional and everyone is worried about the baby. But Halacha and protocol always put saving the mother over the fetus. They messed up here. Everyone knows it. They did the C-Section becuase they wanted to make it easier for her to breathe. Instead they killed her because she was too weak to withstand the surgery.
I heard (not first hand so correct me if I'm wrong) the baby was pushing on her lungs. The question I have now was whether it was the not giving of plasma (like most are saying) or the surgery?
The family was also told to go to another hospital when they were still able to and once again the visitation policy of Maimonides played a role. What professionals have been telling everyone is Maimonides visitation policy is great if you want people at your bedside when you die. Been seeing this over and over again. Its pathetic.
months ago people were complaining if they can't visit they won't care for the patients. People are always worried about that.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 05:06:06 PM by yochiek93 »

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 02, 2020, 05:53:18 PM »
I heard (not first hand so correct me if I'm wrong) the baby was pushing on her lungs. The question I have now was whether it was the not giving of plasma (like most are saying) or the surgery?

months ago people were complaining if they can't visit they won't care for the patients. People are always worried about that.
The surgery killed her. They could have tried plasma before the surgery. All my info is first hand. Baby may have been making it harder to breathe. Whatever. it wont bring her back. There were mistakes made and no one expected her to die.

The issue you raise is an issue we see over and over in NY and NJ hospitals and particularly with frum patients. You need an advocate if you want care. That is not a normal situation. I can tell you from dealing with Mayo, Cleveland, Yale, Boston, Miami, when a doctor takes a case the patient needs no more advocacy. The doctor takes care of the patient, end of story. There is a hospital in NY today, where a doctor is taking "cash tips" to check up on patients. Besides the fact that it is illegal, why is Hatzolah funneling patients to his unit as one of the "better" units in the city? This is common knowledge to anyone in the frum medical field.

For those of you who are advocating "Medicare for all", "cash tips" are just the tip of the iceberg in a two tier medical system we will be facing soon.     

Offline Mordyk

• View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #506 on: December 02, 2020, 06:33:23 PM »
The surgery killed her. They could have tried plasma before the surgery. All my info is first hand. Baby may have been making it harder to breathe. Whatever. it wont bring her back. There were mistakes made and no one expected her to die.

The issue you raise is an issue we see over and over in NY and NJ hospitals and particularly with frum patients. You need an advocate if you want care. That is not a normal situation. I can tell you from dealing with Mayo, Cleveland, Yale, Boston, Miami, when a doctor takes a case the patient needs no more advocacy. The doctor takes care of the patient, end of story. There is a hospital in NY today, where a doctor is taking "cash tips" to check up on patients. Besides the fact that it is illegal, why is Hatzolah funneling patients to his unit as one of the "better" units in the city? This is common knowledge to anyone in the frum medical field.

For those of you who are advocating "Medicare for all", "cash tips" are just the tip of the iceberg in a two tier medical system we will be facing soon.   
you dont want to be a whistleblower? this is so unethical. that menas if i go to that hospital and don't give cash then I will be less looked at. thats sick
#TYH

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 02, 2020, 07:50:35 PM »
you dont want to be a whistleblower? this is so unethical. that menas if i go to that hospital and don't give cash then I will be less looked at. thats sick
I agree. Its not my business. I just know about it first hand from patients who paid.

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 03, 2020, 01:11:11 AM »
Chocolates also work

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 03, 2020, 08:29:29 AM »
Chocolates also work
Not for these doctors.

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #510 on: December 03, 2020, 07:51:49 PM »
Coffee works for the Israeli border police, what doesn't work their
["-"]

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 03, 2020, 09:42:43 PM »
I agree. Its not my business. I just know about it first hand from patients who paid.

I was told by an askan that he gave thousands of dollars to many Maimonides nurses as an incentive back in March/April. Not sure it was a bad thing necessarily, they were very understaffed and wanted them to pitch in more than they were required to. I don't remember if dr's were paid off as well.
Visibly Jewish

Offline EliJelly

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 04, 2020, 12:27:40 AM »
I was told by an askan that he gave thousands of dollars to many Maimonides nurses as an incentive back in March/April. Not sure it was a bad thing necessarily, they were very understaffed and wanted them to pitch in more than they were required to. I don't remember if dr's were paid off as well.
I know many people went in to various hospitals loaded with cash back then. A little price to pay for your vent suctioning = life.

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 17, 2021, 12:12:53 AM »
["-"]

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 17, 2021, 12:21:31 AM »
https://www.boropark24.com/news/bde-mrs-mindy-kugelman-a-h
BD”E. The article doesn’t mention anything about Maimonides or Covid 19. What happened ?

Offline yesitsme

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 17, 2021, 12:57:29 AM »
BD”E. The article doesn’t mention anything about Maimonides or Covid 19. What happened ?
Maimonides kept her for weeks (treating her heart), till she was transferred to mt sinai where they discovered she had an infection but the damage was done
["-"]

Offline neveryou

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

Offline jye

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12