Topic Wiki

IZ = Israel Zion = Maimonides Hospital

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maimonides_Medical_Center:
In 1920 Israel Hospital merged with Zion Hospital to form United Israel Zion Hospital, later renamed Israel Zion Hospital. Maimonides Medical Center was formed as a result of the merger of United Israel Zion Hospital and Beth Moses Hospital in 1947.
Hatzolah uses IZ as code for the hospital. So should we. Unless you are really good at spelling.
« Last edited by YitzyS on March 30, 2020, 09:50:37 PM »

Author Topic: Maimonides  (Read 90858 times)

Offline yossig

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Maimonidies
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2020, 08:51:42 PM »
They are trying not to overload them. I dont think its true that they are NOT going there for the reasons posited.
source?

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2020, 08:52:16 PM »
Because of reports of medical personnel killing patients, Hatzolo tried to negotiate a bedside family member, but that fell through.  No other hospital that Hatzolo is taking patients to is letting either.
For a while the hospitals were allowing private nurses. I Know Lenox Hill stopped allowing that today.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2020, 08:53:17 PM »
source?
The radio on my belt, desk and in my car.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2020, 08:55:12 PM »
source?
Dr. Ditchek was very vocal that it’s all lies. He says he’s there a lot. Who is the source that they ARE neglecting jewish patients ? Let someone go on record & get State & Federal authorities involved.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2020, 08:56:55 PM »
Dr. Ditchek was very vocal that it’s all lies. He says he’s there a lot. Who is the source that they ARE neglecting jewish patients ? Let someone go on record & get State & Federal authorities involved.
Someone on another thread said he had a personal experience. I actually think I saw 2 different people on 2 threads.

Though I’m pretty sure it’s your job to find them  :P
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2020, 09:00:18 PM »
Someone on another thread said he had a personal experience. I actually think I saw 2 different people on 2 threads.

Though I’m pretty sure it’s your job to find them  :P
I’d sooner believe that they’re neglecting everybody. No matter the color or religion.

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2020, 09:05:36 PM »
If it's indeed true that they are being negligent with Jewish patients, they are doing a real stupid move from a business perspective. Hatzolah can practically put them out of business if they begin to divert patients to other hospitals. They considered this previously, but have never followed through in a substantial manner.

Maimonides, beware. The coronavirus will be over sooner than later. But the community won't forget. Don't be so short sighted - messing up here can cost you your future.

Adios IZ.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2020, 09:06:14 PM »
The Doctor I spoke with specifically said Ditchek is wrong. He is there twice a day checking on his own patients.

I’d sooner believe that they’re neglecting everybody. No matter the color or religion.
This is probably more true, but the reason is probably practical such as understaffing, and fear of infection by treating COVID patients too closely. I have heard they do the bare minimum. It also doesnt help that the Governor lowered the bar for standard of care and liability to gross negligence granting all practitioners immunity for doing the best they could. Generally in a non-crisis setting the standard of care is much higher than a gross negligence standard. 

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2020, 09:08:23 PM »
If it's indeed true that they are being negligent with Jewish patients, they are doing a real stupid move from a business perspective. Hatzolah can practically put them out of business if they begin to divert patients to other hospitals. They considered this previously, but have never followed through in a substantial manner.

Maimonides, beware. The coronavirus will be over sooner than later. But the community won't forget. Don't be so short sighted - messing up here can cost you your future.

Adios IZ.
You're obviously too young to remember  that they did this years ago. Maimonides is THE hospital in South Brooklyn. There aint no others anymore. I remember when they did Methodist over IZ, then Lutheran. It never worked. IZ won them over always.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2020, 09:10:12 PM »
The Doctor I spoke with specifically said Ditchek is wrong. He is there twice a day checking on his own patients.
This doctor saw them neglecting Jews while tending to others ? Why doesn’t he open his mouth ?

Offline YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2020, 09:10:50 PM »
You're obviously too young to remember  that they did this years ago. Maimonides is THE hospital in South Brooklyn. There aint no others anymore. I remember when they did Methodist over IZ, then Lutheran. It never worked. IZ won them over always.
But this may be the camel's last straw. Yes, IZ is the most convenient. But if they will allow dozens of people to die while turning their backs to them, is that not reason enough to renew those measures?

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2020, 09:18:41 PM »
But this may be the camel's last straw. Yes, IZ is the most convenient. But if they will allow dozens of people to die while turning their backs to them, is that not reason enough to renew those measures?
The almighty dollar speaks volumes. Now that they are self sufficient through insurance billings who knows.

Offline Chapshnell

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2020, 09:21:05 PM »
Maimonidies?
Medical Center?

Maimonidies Bagging Center. God save us

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2020, 09:24:02 PM »
This doctor saw them neglecting Jews while tending to others ? Why doesn’t he open his mouth ?

They won’t let him back in? Maybe he can say something later once his patients are all released IYH soon?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2020, 09:45:49 PM »
No He saw...
Not really discriminating. From what I hear if you're lucky enough to be in ICU you're getting good care. On the floors its fend for yourself. This is firsthand from a doctor doing rounds.

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2020, 09:48:48 PM »
My brother's neighbor dressed up as a doctor to check on his father. Saw patient lying on the floor. Asked the nurse what's going on? She said he didn't want to drink his water, he can stay there until lunch! Scary stuff! I hope someone has some evidence and people are held accountable.

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2020, 09:50:06 PM »
My brother's neighbor dressed up as a doctor to check on his father. Saw patient lying on the floor. Asked the nurse what's going on? She said he didn't want to drink his water, he can stay there until lunch! Scary stuff! I hope someone has some evidence and people are held accountable.
If he already put on a costume, he should've worn a camera.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2020, 09:51:57 PM »
Wow

Offline israshot

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2020, 09:52:20 PM »

Offline how

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2020, 09:53:01 PM »
No He saw...
Was there a meeting last night?