Topic Wiki

IZ = Israel Zion = Maimonides Hospital

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maimonides_Medical_Center:
In 1920 Israel Hospital merged with Zion Hospital to form United Israel Zion Hospital, later renamed Israel Zion Hospital. Maimonides Medical Center was formed as a result of the merger of United Israel Zion Hospital and Beth Moses Hospital in 1947.
Hatzolah uses IZ as code for the hospital. So should we. Unless you are really good at spelling.
« Last edited by YitzyS on March 30, 2020, 09:50:37 PM »

Author Topic: Maimonides  (Read 92418 times)

Offline iAm

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Maimonidies
« Reply #140 on: March 31, 2020, 03:44:51 PM »
Read, I said I would self isolate after the patient gets released.

Would you be willing to stay in that room for the entire hospital stay. If not, what would you do to prevent disease spread the second you leave that room?
iThink. Ergo. iAm

Offline yochiek93

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 31, 2020, 03:45:19 PM »
He got in.
this will just go around in circles so I'm not going to continue, you can believe what you want. There is no point of just arguing with he said she said.

Offline Chapshnell

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2020, 03:45:25 PM »
And this is exactly why these rules are in place. Because a bunch of people that are selfish, and dont understand how serious the risk of spread in a hospital setting is, are willing to infect the staff that they expect to take care of their loved one so that they can 'advocate' for their own patient.

Noone is going to infect staff more than the current risk. Chill.
Its not happening anyways, it was a statement of unselfishness

Offline Chapshnell

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2020, 03:45:49 PM »
Would you be willing to stay in that room for the entire hospital stay. If not, what would you do to prevent disease spread the second you leave that room?

Yes of course, god forbid its get to that

Online avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2020, 03:46:22 PM »
Would you be willing to stay in that room for the entire hospital stay.
Yes.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline iAm

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2020, 03:46:31 PM »
I guess you didn't see what he did. Can you be everywhere all the time? (BTW we are an old time BP family with very strong ties to Maimonides for over 50 years.)

No one cares about your anonymous name dropping on DDF. The reality is that these stories are anecdotal and anonymous. Theres also a presumption here that healthcare workers are acting with malice or doing malpractice, while the majority are just overhwelmed and trying to do theyre best
iThink. Ergo. iAm

Offline iAm

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2020, 03:47:45 PM »
Noone is going to infect staff more than the current risk.

I dont understand what this means. Like at all. Do you actually believe this? Do you know a single thing about nosocomial infections or infection control?
iThink. Ergo. iAm

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 31, 2020, 03:49:16 PM »
No one cares about your anonymous name dropping on DDF. The reality is that these stories are anecdotal and anonymous. Theres also a presumption here that healthcare workers are acting with malice or doing malpractice, while the majority are just overhwelmed and trying to do theyre best
Unfortunately, too many people have had stories. The board have gotten it over their heads the last few days. No one said that they are all bad, either.

Offline iAm

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 31, 2020, 03:51:33 PM »
Unfortunately, too many people have had stories. The board have gotten it over their heads the last few days. No one said that they are all bad, either.

Stories of people dieing in a pandemic, in a hospital that is understaffed already and has ED staff that have been tested positive and are calling out, does not mean that healthcare workers are doing something wrong. Which is literally what people keep insinuating on this thread.

The whole idea of having someone there to observe implies that there is an ability to do something different accross the entire covid units in this situation, which is doubtful. A bunch of arm chair observers in this forum have no real understanding of whats going on on the front lines.
iThink. Ergo. iAm

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 31, 2020, 03:52:17 PM »
this will just go around in circles so I'm not going to continue, you can believe what you want. There is no point of just arguing with he said she said.
Your bias is glaring. (I came to that conclusion before you mentioned that you actually work for Maimonides, I was under the impression you worked for FDNY.)

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 31, 2020, 03:53:36 PM »
Your bias is glaring. (I came to that conclusion before you mentioned that you actually work for Maimonides, I was under the impression you worked for FDNY.)
I don't know if you know how the 911 system works but there are hospital units in the 911 system.
And if something would be true or could be done then by all means it should. I'm not advocating for the hospital I'm just trying to keep as many off my ambulance and healthy as possible.

Offline flyingace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 31, 2020, 03:56:31 PM »
Stories of people dieing in a pandemic, in a hospital that is understaffed already and has ED staff that have been tested positive and are calling out, does not mean that healthcare workers are doing something wrong. Which is literally what people keep insinuating on this thread.

The whole idea of having someone there to observe implies that there is an ability to do something different accross the entire covid units in this situation, which is doubtful. A bunch of arm chair observers in this forum have no real understanding of whats going on on the front lines.
You are the one making assumptions. I am telling facts. Is it normal for patients to be on the floor for any reason? How do you know I have no idea how hospitals work? Put cameras in every room. Watch them all the time, then tell me everything's ok.

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 31, 2020, 03:57:44 PM »
I don't know if you know how the 911 system works but there are hospital units in the 911 system.
I was not aware.
I'm not advocating for the hospital
You're definitely giving off that impression.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 31, 2020, 04:01:16 PM »
  You're definitely giving off that impression.
no all I'm saying is verify stories don't just write BS thinking you'll get sympathy and that will allow visitors.
What I'm trying to advocate for is people actually listening and staying at home in order not to thin the system even more, I happen to know about maimonides .

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2020, 04:01:33 PM »
This isn't someone at MMC, but there is a drop of reassurance in knowing there are people looking out.

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/a-nurses-new-responsibilities/
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline iAm

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2020, 04:06:11 PM »
You are the one making assumptions. I am telling facts. Is it normal for patients to be on the floor for any reason? How do you know I have no idea how hospitals work? Put cameras in every room. Watch them all the time, then tell me everything's ok.

No, it is not normal for patients to be on the floor in a normal situation. Yes, this is not a normal situation, this is triage. I am in a hospital (not in NY). You do not need cameras in every room; healthcare workers overall are trying to do their job with integrity and to the best of their abilities under unprecedented circumstances.

Healthcare is also not done in silos. There are a dozen + people involved in patient care. You have to believe that everyone is making the decision to go to work, put themselves and their families at risk, and then turn a blind eye to malpractice going on in front of them. I have a family member that is sleeping separately from their family so they can take care of your family member. Stop claiming you have any insight to whats going on on the front line which is literally a warzone.

You are not telling facts - you are telling anecdotal reports and hearsay.
iThink. Ergo. iAm

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 31, 2020, 04:14:21 PM »
What I don't understand is why they're not allowing private nurses, it would help take some of the burden off the staff as well as have someone dedicated to taking care of the patient. It's a win win.

Offline Shmulie

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2020, 04:17:37 PM »
What I don't understand is why they're not allowing private nurses, it would help take some of the burden off the staff as well as have someone dedicated to taking care of the patient. It's a win win.

Who said they aren't allowing private nurses?
my BIL works at Maimo and during his off shifts I believe he is working as a private nurse there

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 31, 2020, 04:19:01 PM »
this could potentially work, but again this gives to random people entering and exiting the hospital at will.

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 31, 2020, 04:19:43 PM »
Who said they aren't allowing private nurses?
my BIL works at Maimo and during his off shifts I believe he is working as a private nurse there
I should clarify, I'm not talking specifically about Maimonides, but from what I see there are hospitals who are not allowing private nurses.