Topic Wiki

IZ = Israel Zion = Maimonides Hospital

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maimonides_Medical_Center:
In 1920 Israel Hospital merged with Zion Hospital to form United Israel Zion Hospital, later renamed Israel Zion Hospital. Maimonides Medical Center was formed as a result of the merger of United Israel Zion Hospital and Beth Moses Hospital in 1947.
Hatzolah uses IZ as code for the hospital. So should we. Unless you are really good at spelling.
« Last edited by YitzyS on March 30, 2020, 09:50:37 PM »

Author Topic: Maimonides  (Read 90855 times)

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Maimonidies
« Reply #300 on: April 01, 2020, 12:58:44 PM »
Why don't people go in and volunteer?!?
They don’t allow anybody in.

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 01, 2020, 01:00:17 PM »
Dear NJ Unemployment Claimant:

Gov. Phil Murphy has launched an online jobs portal to connect New Jersey residents with immediate openings in industries critical to our COVID-19 response.

The jobs portal is available here: jobs.covid19.nj.gov

Thousands of jobs are currently listed. Check the site often. New information and new positions are being added daily.

The portal provides opportunities for residents who have been laid off or seen their hours reduced because of COVID-19 to get back to work quickly _ while also providing critical support to the industries on the front lines of fighting this pandemic. These key industries need thousands of workers to perform the essential duties being required of them during this public health emergency.

Job openings currently available through the portal are primarily in industries that are central to the state's COVID-19 response, but going forward it will expand to include any businesses that wish to tap into New Jersey's job talent network.

For additional COVID-19 resources for workers and businesses, visit: nj.gov/labor.

This new jobs portal will match employees who need to keep income coming in with businesses that need workers immediately to fulfill critical needs during the pandemic.

Together, we will emerge stronger on the other side.

Thank you.

How many of the younger generation do you think are really going to go for this? I'm not going to single out frum people. It's an entitlement generation.

as far as they are concerned the medical industry is a trillion-dollar industry that is making money off of this doctors and nurses are getting paid so let them do their job and we can get sick on our government funded insuranx.

Oh but save the planet!

Offline yitzgar

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 01, 2020, 01:09:44 PM »
How many of the younger generation do you think are really going to go for this? I'm not going to single out frum people. It's an entitlement generation.

as far as they are concerned the medical industry is a trillion-dollar industry that is making money off of this doctors and nurses are getting paid so let them do their job and we can get sick on our government funded insuranx.

Oh but save the planet!
We are talking about people who had jobs but we're furloughed or laid off. It's likely that they are willing to work

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 01, 2020, 01:14:28 PM »
We are talking about people who had jobs but we're furloughed or laid off. It's likely that they are willing to work

Depends on how far the CARES act carries (no pun intended) them. If they can get by with unemployment and the stimulus check, staying home and goofing off for a few months might feel safer/easier.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #304 on: April 01, 2020, 01:17:02 PM »
Depends on how far the CARES act carries (no pun intended) them. If they can get by with unemployment and the stimulus check, staying home and goofing off for a few months might feel safer/easier.

Yup. Why would they leave the couch?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline momo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 01, 2020, 01:21:39 PM »
Yup. Why would they leave the couch?
You kidding? I for one would jump at the ability to work.

Online chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #306 on: April 01, 2020, 01:23:00 PM »
They need qualified medical professionals. People who know their protocols (even in these challenging times). People who know their systems and modes of communication. Taking people off the street sounds unlikely, even negligent.

There are people ready

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #307 on: April 01, 2020, 01:37:02 PM »
You kidding? I for one would jump at the ability to work.
For less money than staying home?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline flyingace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 01, 2020, 01:41:47 PM »
If hospitals were able to decently protect their personnel, maybe more people would be interested. Friend's husband is an anesthesiologist who was put on shift  in ICU due to no elective surgeries. They gave him a mask that didn't fit and said tough luck.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 01, 2020, 02:16:46 PM »
Right, wrong, or indifferent, such things will have an effect on the healthcare workers.

[tweet]1245410566149156864[/tweet]

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 01, 2020, 02:23:27 PM »

Update from a respected BP Hatzolah Paramedic. ( Chesky Rosenberg )

Serious changes have been made to Maimonides.

https://soundcloud.com/user-214931049/hatzolah-of-bp-chesky-rosenberg

HT @CHFF

I have been thinking about replying but I didn't want to.

For background I have probably been to 250 through my life
Trust me there's nothing to boast about there I'm just trying to give you an understanding.

30 surgeries in And one get some pretty good understanding of the medical system.

I personally count about 50 doctors as my friends and communicate with them regularly

I keep in touch with about 20 of my doctors and surgeons some of whom are the leaders  in their field in the world.

In general, doctors work very hard.. call isn't fun, you get women up at 3am.. If you don't answer your phone they will then call your wife..

I would say that most doctors find the balance.  When the world is normal.

When doctors warn of risks and are ignored, they are frustrated and angry. They know what they, the hospitals, staff etc can handle.

The medical staff, equipment and facilities are stretched.

I'm sure there's blame on both sides, but it's frustrating to see.

And you want family members in an over crowded hospital telling over worked doctors how to do their jobs?

So one guy reads something on WhatsApp or the internet and makes the doctors meshuga and prevents them from doing their jobs?

I'm not saying this is happening but judging by the stupidity that I get forwarded or that I read in comments on various news sites I kind of feel bad for what the doctors might have to go through.

In normal times if CV a person has cancer, they can discuss the treatment with the doctors they can transfer to another facility try various stuff.

I knew this would happen.

A few times I had surgery at Mount Sinai in Manhattan, maybe 13-15 years ago.

They were so understaffed, The only way that I could get somebody to come in even after pressing the button a million times would be to clog the IV line up and set of the alarm.

And then I read a comment about the need for rabbanic authority.

So doctors are just a bunch of schlepers?

First we ignore them when they say do this and do that because only rabbanim can decide and know you want doctors to listen to rabbanim?

I'm not attacking anybody but this is the real world respect is a two-way street. Respect the doctors

It's v'rofeh yerapeh. Listen to doctors.

They don't deserve this. A friend is in isolation from his family for a month working 18 hours a day.

You should know that the mental anguish and toll it has on doctors to lose patient's.

If you listen to the audio of my post you'll see that    Maimonides acknowledged that they made mistakes and are changing the floor rules.

Not disagreeing with everything you said, but to me as soon as it was reported that Hatzola was diverting patients, I knew that something was up.

Are you saying we should leave it up to the Dr to make decisions about pulling the plug? That's the only time anyone mentioned rabbanim in this thread.

Exactly. And according to the message above it seems like hospitals can pull the plug on vents after 5-7 days regardless if they need them or not. And many hospitals are already doing that.

I have a family member in a different hospital that just got notification that they will be pulling the vent. השם ישמר

Sorry, but it's out-of-context quotes like these that drive me friggin crazy. Please don't quote any Rov or Posek on a situation that isn't covid-19 and try to extrapolate what that could possibly mean in our situation. There are over 1000 people dead TODAY, IN THIS COUNTRY, from this. This is not a sugya you're arguing with your chavrusa over in Bais Medrash.

Didn't realize that the Torah is no longer dictating Jewish life because of CONVID-19.

I guess I'm coming for my cheeseburger, McDonald's..

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #311 on: April 01, 2020, 02:38:02 PM »
Didn't realize that the Torah is no longer dictating Jewish life because of CONVID-19.

Who said anything about not listening to Torah? I commented specifically on out-of-context quotes, such as a psak Rav Moshe gave 50 years ago about a distantly related topic.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline iAm

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 01, 2020, 02:38:41 PM »

That wasnt at all what he was saying. He was saying that if you *are* actually following halacha, its still hard to extrapolate how a hypothetical sugya/lamdus gets applied practically, the same way you cant just apply a tosfos in sandedrin on rodef to a practical sheilah on abortion.
iThink. Ergo. iAm

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 01, 2020, 02:56:39 PM »
Who said anything about not listening to Torah? I commented specifically on out-of-context quotes, such as a psak Rav Moshe gave 50 years ago about a distantly related topic.

Correct. It probably can't be applied directly to the current situation. But any posek that is the position to write psak now will use the psak from Reb Moshe and others and see how it would fit into the COVID 19 scenario

That wasnt at all what he was saying. He was saying that if you *are* actually following halacha, its still hard to extrapolate how a hypothetical sugya/lamdus gets applied practically, the same way you cant just apply a tosfos in sandedrin on rodef to a practical sheilah on abortion.

Correct. That's why there is a huge difference between a Rosh Yeshiva and a Posek

Online chff

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
« Reply #314 on: April 01, 2020, 05:25:12 PM »

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 01, 2020, 05:27:52 PM »
not MMC but
CONFIRMED: Kimball pulling the plug for patients not improving after a number of days....they say they simply need the machines. NYC already doing DNR’s and pulling plugs without requiring family approval....
Is the policy at NYC hospitals only "for patients not improving after a number of days"?

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 01, 2020, 05:42:48 PM »

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 01, 2020, 05:48:11 PM »
Any real source?
I think he meant that tweet isn't about Maimonides Medical Center
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 01, 2020, 06:07:35 PM »
not MMC but

https://twitter.com/GreaterLakewood/status/1245428809177993221
According to Chesky Rosenberg they have such a commitment from Maimonides as long as they have vents available.
Is the policy at NYC hospitals only "for patients not improving after a number of days"?
It's the guidelines. Doesn't mean that they have to do it but many hospitals are doing it already.
Any real source?

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 01, 2020, 06:23:10 PM »
I think he meant that tweet isn't about Maimonides Medical Center
I was question if there is a real source for KMC.