Topic Wiki

IZ = Israel Zion = Maimonides Hospital

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maimonides_Medical_Center:
In 1920 Israel Hospital merged with Zion Hospital to form United Israel Zion Hospital, later renamed Israel Zion Hospital. Maimonides Medical Center was formed as a result of the merger of United Israel Zion Hospital and Beth Moses Hospital in 1947.
Hatzolah uses IZ as code for the hospital. So should we. Unless you are really good at spelling.
« Last edited by YitzyS on March 30, 2020, 09:50:37 PM »

Author Topic: Maimonides  (Read 92822 times)

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Re: Maimonidies
« Reply #400 on: April 12, 2020, 09:41:00 PM »
maybe because no one wants to go there 🤷🏼‍♂️
Not speculating just stating facts for those who said it was overcrowded and thats why they werent going there.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline yochiek93

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 12, 2020, 10:24:14 PM »
Not speculating just stating facts for those who said it was overcrowded and thats why they werent going there.
it's only as of recently that the numbers slowed down, Maimonides also opened a field hospital in crown heights where they are sending the lower acuity PT's to.
That has been helping the overcrowding.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 13, 2020, 10:42:59 AM »
it's only as of recently that the numbers slowed down, Maimonides also opened a field hospital in crown heights where they are sending the lower acuity PT's to.
That has been helping the overcrowding.

Out of curiosity, where in CH?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #403 on: April 13, 2020, 10:50:25 AM »

I believe I saw something about a nursing facility that was recently renovated on Buffalo Ave that was going to be used.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 13, 2020, 11:02:09 AM »
Per Doctor I spoke with today the Maimonides ER is empty...
They should be put out of buisness or new leadership with new direction.

This does not relate to covid 19 specifically, but all year round they are just horrible.

Sadly many just go there due to family proximity.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #405 on: April 13, 2020, 11:51:13 AM »
They should be put out of buisness or new leadership with new direction.

This does not relate to covid 19 specifically, but all year round they are just horrible.

Sadly many just go there due to family proximity.
this is hilarious since it can be said about any hospital if you are looking for the bad.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 13, 2020, 11:54:12 AM »
the old st Mary's hospital on Buffalo and prospect place.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 13, 2020, 11:55:18 AM »
this is hilarious since it can be said about any hospital if you are looking for the bad.
It should be said.
If there is bad then it should be said, not saying it and non action by leaders and people in charge only brings harm.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 13, 2020, 12:33:47 PM »
It should be said.
If there is bad then it should be said, not saying it and non action by leaders and people in charge only brings harm.
I'm not saying nothing should be done but a change in ownership or closure won't fix the problem.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 13, 2020, 12:59:08 PM »
I'm not saying nothing should be done but a change in ownership or closure won't fix the problem.

Just like (lehavdil?) Rikers Island

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 13, 2020, 01:17:14 PM »
A boycott would force the hospital to take drastic action to keep their doors open.

Change in hospital leadership can make a big difference.

Rule #1 is for them to realize there is a serious issue that requires serious repair. Before they are forced to believe so they most likely won't do anything.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 13, 2020, 01:26:05 PM »
A boycott would force the hospital to take drastic action to keep their doors open.

Change in hospital leadership can make a big difference.

Rule #1 is for them to realize there is a serious issue that requires serious repair. Before they are forced to believe so they most likely won't do anything.
go ahead and close every hospital in NY because if you ask someone they will have something bad to say.
Example: according to that video circulating NYU should be closed and with that throw in NYU Brooklyn (Lutheran, and cobble Hill) for good measure.
I heard a story once about Lenox hill so let's shut down the whole northwell system.
You see the problem here, changing ownership or closing them down won't help. Yes there are bad apples in every hospital or should I say in every health care facility in the world. Something needs to be done I agree but that's not it.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 13, 2020, 01:31:12 PM »
go ahead and close every hospital in NY because if you ask someone they will have something bad to say.
Example: according to that video circulating NYU should be closed and with that throw in NYU Brooklyn (Lutheran, and cobble Hill) for good measure.
I heard a story once about Lenox hill so let's shut down the whole northwell system.
You see the problem here, changing ownership or closing them down won't help. Yes there are bad apples in every hospital or should I say in every health care facility in the world. Something needs to be done I agree but that's not it.
I agree there is bad in every system, the question is when the system is bad throughout.

No one is saying to shut it down, what I am saying is; there needs to be a boycott on hospital system that behave the worst.  I am guessing like every buisness the profit/survivability  % is a very small % of thier buisness and if they face even a small boycott it'll force them to make change.

Once those are better move on to the rest.

This is basics in capitalism.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 13, 2020, 01:31:52 PM »

Keep in mind that in a strained system whatever human shortcomings are already there from before, their effects will get magnified. Stress can potentially bring out the worst in people.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 13, 2020, 01:33:09 PM »
I agree there is bad in every system, the question is when the system is bad throughout.

No one is saying to shut it down, what I am saying is; there needs to be a boycott on hospital system that behave the worst.  I am guessing like every buisness the profit/survivability  % is a very small % of thier buisness and if they face even a small boycott it'll force them to make change.

You’re raising a different issue, or at least a different aspect of the issue. The fact that hospitals are run as (for-profit) businesses is potentially an issue in its own right.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 13, 2020, 01:35:11 PM »
No one is saying to shut it down
are you kidding me? This is a quote from you
They should be put out of buisness

Offline Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 13, 2020, 01:35:52 PM »

How about people thank the doctors, nurses, etc that put their own lives and the lives of their families on the line for the community, often after the pt or somebody else acted irresponsible? Would be nice to be on the front cover of the local papers because 1000 people crowded the surrounding streets (with social distancing of course) with signs of thanks and encouragement to those people actually saving lives.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 13, 2020, 01:37:02 PM »
You’re raising a different issue, or at least a different aspect of the issue. The fact that hospitals are run as (for-profit) businesses is potentially an issue in its own right.
That was not my point.

Regardless is it's run as for profit or non profit, they still have P&L statements that need to be explained to a board or agency.

I know first hand of a big non profit hospital that actually looks at thier numbers down to the patient [when the numbers are big].

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 13, 2020, 01:37:07 PM »
How about people thank the doctors, nurses, etc that put their own lives and the lives of their families on the line for the community, often after the pt or somebody else acted irresponsible? Would be nice to be on the front cover of the local papers because 1000 people crowded the surrounding streets (with social distancing of course) with signs of thanks and encouragement to those people actually saving lives.

People should thank doctors and other medical workers for sure. Calling people out to the streets at this hours is probably not the best way to do this.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 13, 2020, 01:39:10 PM »
That was not my point.

Regardless is it's run as for profit or non profit, they still have P&L statements that need to be explained to a board or agency.

I know first hand of a big non profit hospital that actually looks at thier numbers down to the patient [when the numbers are big].

But that makes sense to me. If you’re working with limited resources you have to make sure you’re allocating those resources in the best way possible. It’s important we don’t start doing that before we have to, but once you’re at that point then you definitely should.

If you’re talking about an after-the-fact review so you learn from experience to become more efficient, why not?