Topic Wiki

IZ = Israel Zion = Maimonides Hospital

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maimonides_Medical_Center:
In 1920 Israel Hospital merged with Zion Hospital to form United Israel Zion Hospital, later renamed Israel Zion Hospital. Maimonides Medical Center was formed as a result of the merger of United Israel Zion Hospital and Beth Moses Hospital in 1947.
Hatzolah uses IZ as code for the hospital. So should we. Unless you are really good at spelling.
« Last edited by YitzyS on March 30, 2020, 09:50:37 PM »

Author Topic: Maimonides  (Read 92324 times)

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Re: Maimonidies
« Reply #420 on: April 13, 2020, 01:39:26 PM »
are you kidding me? This is a quote from you
As I explained, a boycott untill they do better.

They should be put out buisness if they cant perform well and dont rectify with a boycott.

A boycott will force them to reconsider and then it's thier choice what to do. Most likely theyll change thier behavior.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #421 on: April 13, 2020, 01:40:08 PM »
How about people thank the doctors, nurses, etc that put their own lives and the lives of their families on the line for the community, often after the pt or somebody else acted irresponsible? Would be nice to be on the front cover of the local papers because 1000 people crowded the surrounding streets (with social distancing of course) with signs of thanks and encouragement to those people actually saving lives.
How about the nurses that hold the hands of the ones that pass away because no family members are allowed to be there? That is not part of their job but do it anyway.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline yochiek93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 13, 2020, 01:41:18 PM »
If you’re talking about an after-the-fact review so you learn from experience to become more efficient, why not?
they definitely have such a thing in mind for when this pandemic is over.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 13, 2020, 01:43:08 PM »
As I explained, a boycott untill they do better.

They should be put out buisness if they cant perform well and dont rectify with a boycott.

A boycott will force them to reconsider and then it's thier choice what to do. Most likely theyll change thier behavior.
what behavior are you talking about specifically I'm really curious?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 13, 2020, 01:44:44 PM »
they definitely have such a thing in mind for when this pandemic is over.

Rightfully so. But hopefully by the time we see this again in 100 years we’ll have medical technology in place to nip it in the bud.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 13, 2020, 01:45:22 PM »
How about the nurses that hold the hands of the ones that pass away because no family members are allowed to be there? That is not part of their job but do it anyway.
NYS changed the law recently allowing 1 family member to be there if it's imminent death ( which is if death will be within the next 24 hours).
Now don't jump on the bandwagon but so and so wasn't allowed in people crash quickly as well.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 13, 2020, 01:49:02 PM »
NYS changed the law recently allowing 1 family member to be there if it's imminent death ( which is if death will be within the next 24 hours).
Now don't jump on the bandwagon but so and so wasn't allowed in people crash quickly as well.

The law is mandating this or allowing it? If the latter, are hospital procedures following suit?

Offline KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 13, 2020, 01:50:55 PM »
I think a point needs to be made; Most people in this world like doing good. When leadership forces them to take bad action they have no choice but to obligate.  The individual nurse and doctor usally do the best they can.

M is known to be horrible in many areas all year round. I dont believe it's the individual nurse and doctor's [there might be some] but the leadership.

Waiting in an emergency room for hours is unacceptable.

Being ignored is unacceptable.

Being treated like trash is unacceptable.

Needing "pull" to get something done is unacceptable.

And many more....

Without going into detail [due to privacy] , people I know that were in M were treated horrible in the past. 

As apposed to Mounmouth MC or others , where people I know where treated so nicely.

As a matter of fact I know of someone that was in Jersey Shore on a respirator with covid-19 and heard from family members that the nurses were treating their relative well.

Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 13, 2020, 01:52:19 PM »
People wait in emergency rooms all the time, not sure how this is unique to Maimonides.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 13, 2020, 01:52:30 PM »
The law is mandating this or allowing it? If the latter, are hospital procedures following suit?
I think it's a mandate however I'm not sure, I do know that Maimonides is following this as I received the update from them.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 13, 2020, 01:56:22 PM »
I think it's a mandate however I'm not sure, I do know that Maimonides is following this as I received the update from them.

It a a bit late considering all those who have R”L passed alone, and their families suffering through the knowledge it was that way and there was nothing they could have done. Then again, maybe it was a necessary measure at the time. We should never need to avail ourselves of this mandate/rule R”L.

Are they doing the same for deliveries?

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 13, 2020, 02:01:35 PM »
I think a point needs to be made; Most people in this world like doing good. When leadership forces them to take bad action they have no choice but to obligate.  The individual nurse and doctor usally do the best they can.

M is known to be horrible in many areas all year round. I dont believe it's the individual nurse and doctor's [there might be some] but the leadership.

Waiting in an emergency room for hours is unacceptable.

Being ignored is unacceptable.

Being treated like trash is unacceptable.

Needing "pull" to get something done is unacceptable.

And many more....

Without going into detail [due to privacy] , people I know that were in M were treated horrible in the past. 

As apposed to Mounmouth MC or others , where people I know where treated so nicely.

As a matter of fact I know of someone that was in Jersey Shore on a respirator with covid-19 and heard from family members that the nurses were treating their relative well.
have you ever been to any emergency room in NY it always takes hours, since the pandemic people are complaining they are getting sent home from the ER to fast.
Hospitals are understaffed causing nurses and doctors to check on the more critical PT's more often but PT's aren't just ignored for a full shift.
When someone asks you for something like when will you check..... And you say I'll be there soon and 2 minutes later they ask again and again... You see where I'm going you get annoyed. It's understandable to want the staff to drop everything and only care for you but that's not possible.
Needing pull helps in any place not just maimo.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 13, 2020, 02:04:00 PM »
Needing pull helps in any place not just maimo.

In a perfect world where resources are otherwise allocated fairly/optimally, pull would be a part of the problem, not the solution.

#justsaying

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 13, 2020, 02:04:18 PM »
It a a bit late considering all those who have R”L passed alone, and their families suffering through the knowledge it was that way and there was nothing they could have done. Then again, maybe it was a necessary measure at the time. We should never need to avail ourselves of this mandate/rule R”L.

Are they doing the same for deliveries?
  NYS stated no visitors period , hospitals had to comply. It wasn't just maimonides.
Deliveries I posted in the other maimonides thread

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 13, 2020, 02:04:50 PM »
In a perfect world where resources are otherwise allocated fairly/optimally, pull would be a part of the problem, not the solution.

#justsaying
facts

Offline RewardsAddict

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: April 13, 2020, 05:42:44 PM »
Keep hearing more and more horror stories (with names - from close relatives of patients, not hearsay) all NYU and Maimonides.

Now unfortunately Maimonides is not news to me, their being a subpar hospital is quite well known. What shocks me is NYU. I've been in their ER in recent years and was overall very impressed. This whole situation is infuriating.
Actually heard from a patient in NYU that the nurses are being very nice to her and everyone is treating her nicely. Maybe it helped that her children sent over a huge lunch for all hospital staff.
Perhaps all those overworked doctors and nurses need is some appreciation.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 13, 2020, 06:03:42 PM »
I'm sorry I'm not reading through this thread of 30 pages but...
I keep hearing more and more horror stories (with names - from close relatives of patients, not hearsay) all coming from NYU and Maimonides. Heard good reports from Columbia (but can't completely confirm).

Now unfortunately Maimonides is not news to me, their being a subpar hospital is quite well known. What shocks me is NYU. I've been in their ER in recent years and was overall very impressed. This whole situation is infuriating.
well maybe you should since you'll find everything already stated.
But I would like to know the stories that happened.
Names shouldn't be included but once more stories are said we can pinpoint what the problem is.
If you don't feel comfortable posting it on the forum pm me I can try to bring it to the powers that be.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 06:10:21 PM by yochiek93 »

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 13, 2020, 06:19:50 PM »
Seriously?! :o No, I'm not posting names.
But in very brief, the basic complaints that I've been hearing were related to:

A) Starving patients
B) Patients waiting too long for oxygen/intubation
C) General mistreatment

These are what I recall at the moment. Surely others know much more.
Just a some questions I have first: isn't it possible that due to certain tests that were needed he wasn't allowed to eat?
Second: the bruising on his arm is consistent with an infiltrated IV which probably is the cause of him saying they hit him the nurse was trying to establish an IV.
I'm not saying it's not true but first understand the medical side as well before just bad mouthing.
this is my post on that story
As for intubation are you qualified to say when to intubate or not? Do you understand the strain it causes on the body? The statistics of PT's once intubated that can't be removed from ventilators? Take all that into consideration before claiming that.
General mistreatment is vague everyone has their own definition of that, am I saying that everyone is treated properly no, but specifics are needed to figure out how to fix the problems.

Offline moko

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 13, 2020, 06:25:46 PM »
Rightfully so. But hopefully by the time we see this again in 100 years we’ll have medical technology in place to nip it in the bud.
an "after-action" isn't only about what we did right and wrong during this incident. We do after actions with our clients after every major event or incident, whether it went mostly good, bad, or ok. We discuss what we did right and how to replicate, what we did wrong and how to ensure it doesn't happen again, and most importantly, what interesting ideas we learned incidentally and how we can apply it to other scenarios

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 13, 2020, 06:26:08 PM »
Deleted my posts. Thanks for bringing it to my attention that all this including that video was already discussed in another thread. Sorry.