Author Topic: Masks  (Read 166086 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: Masks
« Reply #800 on: June 24, 2021, 10:15:45 AM »
In non-Jewish places (target, walmart etc..) they were but now all the Jews have stopped wearing them everywhere except all the non-Jews still are. I only saw one non-Jew in target yesterday without a mask. Even walking in the streets, you can now tell who is Jewish and who is not by virtue of the mask.

In the non-Jewish places, the Jews only wore masks because it was required by the stores. Now that it's not required, they don't. It has nothing to do with Covid and everything to do with store rules.

I don't know where you're seeing this, so I can only comment on what I've seen. Around where I am, mask usage in the general public is probably around 75%. However, I have been to areas not too far away where it is as low as 20%.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 24, 2021, 10:41:46 AM »
Went to Citi field last week. 99% of the people there were not wearing masks.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 24, 2021, 09:05:44 PM »
In non-Jewish places (target, walmart etc..) they were but now all the Jews have stopped wearing them everywhere except all the non-Jews still are. I only saw one non-Jew in target yesterday without a mask. Even walking in the streets, you can now tell who is Jewish and who is not by virtue of the mask.
Not sure which Target you've been to. Maybe in NYC. I was in a Target, Kohl's, Trader Joe's, Walmart and a bunch of other stores near Lakewood the past few weeks, and maybe 3-5% of the people in the store (70% non Jewish) were wearing masks.

Offline Definitions

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 28, 2021, 10:48:14 PM »
Was in Walmart in toms river today. Majority were maskless. I always wear a mask in non Jewish stores and will continue to do so until 80-90% don't
Was in Lakewood Walmart. I'd say it was around 2/3 maskless. We're almost there :) I actually would want to go down on my original percentage. I'd say by 70-80% I'd feel comfortable
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #804 on: June 28, 2021, 11:04:26 PM »
Even NYC subway is down to 70% masked (ime) with that percentage dropping with the age and race of the riders. (no, it's not Jews that lower the rate)

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #805 on: June 28, 2021, 11:50:25 PM »
Even NYC subway is down to 70% masked (ime) with that percentage dropping with the age and race of the riders. (no, it's not Jews that lower the rate)
Dropping with the race of the riders?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 28, 2021, 11:59:39 PM »
When visiting a park in NJ this weekend I noticed that whites were predominantly maskless and the Spanish did wear them.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: June 29, 2021, 12:00:19 AM »

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 29, 2021, 12:25:59 AM »
When visiting a park in NJ this weekend I noticed that whites were predominantly maskless and the Spanish did wear them.

At least that’s scientific in that whites are most likely to be vaccinated and Hispanics least likely.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 29, 2021, 12:57:33 AM »
Most of central NJ forgot what masks look like. If anyone sticks out like a sore thumb it’s the 1% that wears a mask.
Visibly Jewish

Offline biobook

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: June 29, 2021, 01:09:01 AM »
Most of central NJ forgot what masks look like. If anyone sticks out like a sore thumb it’s the 1% that wears a mask.
Publix supermarket last week, south Florida.  Close to 100% employees and customers were masked.  Only exception I saw was one 20-something couple, he with a yarmulke, discussing each item before putting in the cart.  Tourists, probably.  From central NJ, maybe.

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 29, 2021, 01:10:48 AM »
Publix supermarket last week, south Florida.  Close to 100% employees and customers were masked.  Only exception I saw was one 20-something couple, he with a yarmulke, discussing each item before putting in the cart.  Tourists, probably.  From central NJ, maybe.
Same experience in Central Florida this week. Only people without masks were frum. Was a little shocking to me - thought covid was never a thing in Florida.

Offline biobook

• View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 29, 2021, 01:21:19 AM »
Same experience in Central Florida this week. Only people without masks were frum. Was a little shocking to me - thought covid was never a thing in Florida.
It was a thing that our governor wanted tourists to never hear about. 

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #813 on: June 29, 2021, 07:16:14 AM »

What's so hard to understand?

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 29, 2021, 09:44:55 AM »
Depends where in Florida. I was in a place on Florida a few weeks ago where the locals told me that "mask wearing was never a thing here" even before the vaccines were available.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #815 on: June 29, 2021, 09:52:27 AM »
Depends where in Florida. I was in a place on Florida a few weeks ago where the locals told me that "mask wearing was never a thing here" even before the vaccines were available.

I think this is what people are missing when they talk about Covid in FL. It's a huge state, with over 20m people. The media likes to show images that fit their narrative, so that's what people see. FL has been very, very split on Covid since the beginning.

Offline momo

• View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 29, 2021, 02:42:20 PM »
Was just in South Florida. 75% unmasked, and not only FRUM people.

Offline biobook

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 29, 2021, 04:10:14 PM »
Was just in South Florida. 75% unmasked, and not only FRUM people.
Someone driving in South Florida, staying at hotels, and eating at restaurants will see one view of Florida. 

Living here, going to grocery stores, shops, the post office, bank, medical offices, and using public transportation gives a different perspective.  People who live around me aren't wearing masks in the neighborhood, but those working here are.  All 5 businesses I entered in the past 2 weeks had signs saying masks required, and 2 said something like No business conducted without a mask. 

Offline momo

• View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 29, 2021, 04:38:21 PM »
Someone driving in South Florida, staying at hotels, and eating at restaurants will see one view of Florida. 

Living here, going to grocery stores, shops, the post office, bank, medical offices, and using public transportation gives a different perspective.  People who live around me aren't wearing masks in the neighborhood, but those working here are.  All 5 businesses I entered in the past 2 weeks had signs saying masks required, and 2 said something like No business conducted without a mask. 

I'm not going to argue with your anecdotal experience. However i was there for 10 days, in an apartment, went grocery shopping multiple times, as well as did activities with the kids, went to the bank, a few clothing stores, and this was my experience. I also saw mask required signs, however when i inquired in store, they told me that these just havent been removed. eta( i guess i am going to argue ;))

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 29, 2021, 04:48:17 PM »
I'm not going to argue with your anecdotal experience. However i was there for 10 days, in an apartment, went grocery shopping multiple times, as well as did activities with the kids, went to the bank, a few clothing stores, and this was my experience. I also saw mask required signs, however when i inquired in store, they told me that these just havent been removed. eta( i guess i am going to argue ;))

There are pockets of areas where masks are more prevalent, and pockets where they are less prevalent. I've found that in many areas where there are lots of tourists, masks are virtually non-existent.