Author Topic: What are your thoughts as you return to shul?  (Read 3387 times)

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: What are your thoughts as you return to shul?
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2020, 09:28:01 AM »
Is anyone else a bit sad to be leaving the mini shuls we set up in our homes? Just me?
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2020, 09:29:59 AM »
Is anyone else a bit sad to be leaving the mini shuls we set up in our homes? Just me?

LOL, it's nice to never be running late.
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2020, 09:37:39 AM »
LOL, it's nice to never be running late.
Yes that. I've never gone so many days without having to skip parts of psukei dzimra.

Plus, I have my boys (7 and 9) davening with me and they alternate as chazzan. It's amazing how they've learned all the nusach for the different Shabbos and YT tfillos! I'll be happy to get back to shul (I'm still home for now) but I'll sure miss this.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline jose34

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2020, 11:34:27 AM »
Not mini shuls but here in Israel the convenience of having a minyan outside your window or on your porch.

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2020, 06:03:48 PM »
How about thoughts upon returning to a beis medrash? Have chavrusas I learn with at home but I had the opportunity to learn for a while in a beis medrash today and couldn’t believe how amazing the Kol Torah sounded. Almost forgot what it was like it’s been so long. I’ve learned on occasion in this place the past few weeks in solitude with just a small light turned on, and the sound that now fills the building of chavrusas arguing it out in learning, peoples chanting  rashis and tosfos over to themselves the throb of kol torah that permeates the building is just amazing. Must be a tiny taste of what it felt like to come out of the USSR to a frum Jewish community!People are spread out as much as practical and  there is good ventilation but no six foot distancing. Certainly put one in the mood for Shavuos.

Offline justaregularguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2020, 07:16:11 PM »
How about thoughts upon returning to a beis medrash? Have chavrusas I learn with at home but I had the opportunity to learn for a while in a beis medrash today and couldn’t believe how amazing the Kol Torah sounded. Almost forgot what it was like it’s been so long. I’ve learned on occasion in this place the past few weeks in solitude with just a small light turned on, and the sound that now fills the building of chavrusas arguing it out in learning, peoples chanting  rashis and tosfos over to themselves the throb of kol torah that permeates the building is just amazing. Must be a tiny taste of what it felt like to come out of the USSR to a frum Jewish community!People are spread out as much as practical and  there is good ventilation but no six foot distancing. Certainly put one in the mood for Shavuos.
wow my community is far from a packed bm so far-where are you talking? (Not stating any opinions or anything I’m just curious who’s ahead of us(far rockaway))
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2020, 07:25:04 PM »
wow my community is far from a packed bm so far-where are you talking? (Not stating any opinions or anything I’m just curious who’s ahead of us(far rockaway))
Lakewood