Author Topic: Seminary/Yeshiva Israel Rebbeim  (Read 14002 times)

Offline Yonah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Seminary/Yeshiva Israel Rebbeim
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2020, 12:59:35 PM »
It’s common sense: IYH Israel will be able to flatten the curve and stop the virus and go back so a semblance of normalcy come May/June. However, Israel will not want any potential carriers coming and restarting the whole spread again. So the shut borders are going to stay with us long after the quarantine is officially over. Only Israelis will be allowed to enter, and will be made to quarantine for 2 weeks, seemingly at a designated hotel.

Again - what's the source? Are you simply speculating or have you read this somewhere? While I'm sure that the 'Chutznik Gap Year' brings less than a blip to Israel's economy, at some point Israel needs to re-open up to tourism. Don't know if it's going to wait that long - I would think that beyond the summer (which is probably currently not happening) the two biggest travel seasons to Israel are RH/YK/Succos for Jews, and the end of December for non-jews. Can't imagine Israel will forgo both of those seasons.

That beings said, I'm sure that COVID19 vaccines will be required of both students and visitors once they become available.

Offline yaakov35

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2020, 01:03:03 PM »
Again - what's the source? Are you simply speculating or have you read this somewhere? While I'm sure that the 'Chutznik Gap Year' brings less than a blip to Israel's economy, at some point Israel needs to re-open up to tourism. Don't know if it's going to wait that long.
He's just making it up. Like most people on ddf, fear mongering and flat out lies. Throw in a WhatsApp voice note about some guy shutting down the country, and you'll have it figured out

Offline YesThatsMe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2020, 01:26:49 PM »
He's just making it up. Like most people on ddf, fear mongering and flat out lies. Throw in a WhatsApp voice note about some guy shutting down the country, and you'll have it figured out

I am using logic to arrive at my conclusion. I am Israeli and have avidly followed this situation. I have a few apartments in Israel and my tenants are all foreigners. If I wanted to be optimistic i'd gain a lot more. But realistically, given the steps the Israeli government took and is taking, they will NOT open their border to risk of reinfection.

All economic concerns in Israel has been thrown out the window. Pesach too is a huge season (though not necessary a Chareidi one), and they are forgoing it. It won't be different for the 4,000-6,000 Chareidi families that come Tishrei time.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2020, 02:34:49 PM »
There is no use guessing when this will be over because it depends on entirely unknown factors of testing & vaccinations.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2020, 02:45:11 PM »
I am using logic to arrive at my conclusion. I am Israeli and have avidly followed this situation. I have a few apartments in Israel and my tenants are all foreigners. If I wanted to be optimistic i'd gain a lot more. But realistically, given the steps the Israeli government took and is taking, they will NOT open their border to risk of reinfection.

All economic concerns in Israel has been thrown out the window. Pesach too is a huge season (though not necessary a Chareidi one), and they are forgoing it. It won't be different for the 4,000-6,000 Chareidi families that come Tishrei time.

They definitely did give up Pesach, but who says that they are gonna be willing to give up sukkos as well as the December travel wave?

Economic concerns get harder to ignore as time goes on.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2020, 03:05:35 PM »
They definitely did give up Pesach, but who says that they are gonna be willing to give up sukkos as well as the December travel wave?

Economic concerns get harder to ignore as time goes on.
Summer?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2020, 03:20:40 PM »
I will eat my hat if there are foreigners in Israel for the summer
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Yonah

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2020, 03:23:30 PM »

I now see where you are coming from. I imagine time will tell. Part of the story is at what point does china re-open its borders - that might give a better sense.

Summer?

FWIW - I've heard that at least a few summer camp programs in Israel have already been canceled. I suspect that those that haven't will be canceled shortly after pesach.

I can't imagine any camps / summer learning programs/ etc. are going to run this summer in Israel. No guarantees that a family visit would be viable either - but understand, I am one of the optimistic people here, thinking that maybe borders will re-open by september.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2020, 03:26:47 PM »
I can't imagine any camps / summer learning programs/ etc. are going to run this summer in Israel.

FTFY
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2020, 04:06:28 PM »
There is no use guessing when this will be over because it depends on entirely unknown factors of testing & vaccinations.

Don’t vaccinations have a minimum, 9-12 months from beginning of clinical trials on humans?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Yonah

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2020, 04:13:23 PM »
FTFY

:) To be fair, this is a thread about Yeshiva/Sem, and the question was asked specifically about Israel. But I highly suspect that my kids camps here will be canceled as well.

Again, a lot of them are hoping that they do run, and are probably going to drag this out until at least the end of April before cancelling.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2020, 04:19:07 PM »
Noted.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2020, 04:20:54 PM »

What kind of hat do you wear? Not sure animal felts are kosher...
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Yonah

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2020, 04:26:42 PM »
This leads me to another question...

If next year (or even this summer) doesn't happen for Yeshivas/Seminaries/Camps - how can they survive to the following year?

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2020, 04:46:23 PM »
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline YesThatsMe

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2020, 04:51:40 PM »

If next year (or even this summer) doesn't happen for Yeshivas/Seminaries/Camps - how can they survive to the following year?

How is anyone going to survive the coming recession? Israel announced this morning they are at 25% unemployment now. We are all in this together.

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2020, 05:34:20 PM »

I’m sure some of them won’t be able too

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2020, 05:38:44 PM »

They'll be like any other business. There will be tens of thousands of restaurants and retail establishments that won't be able to reopen after this. Any business that took MCAs or other money that is non or semi regulated will have staggeringly insurmountable debt. And in their places will pop up new schools and businesses to fill the gap.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline mercaz1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2020, 05:56:42 PM »
they are also not paying any expenses besides the property taxes om the camp grounds so they might be able to survive

Offline dealfinder11

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2020, 06:08:39 PM »
they are also not paying any expenses besides the property taxes om the camp grounds so they might be able to survive

huh? what about mortgage? insurance? Bear in mind most camps rely on 2 months a year to pay a 12 month mortgage (with some recently starting to profit off school "shabbatons").