Topic Wiki

Online Passport Renewal: Use this link for the Google form

Dan's post describing his experience

After signing up for a Travel.gov account, it takes about 2.5-3 weeks for the invite to be able to renew online.
« Last edited by Dr Moose on March 31, 2022, 04:56:05 PM »

Author Topic: Passport applications and Passport Renewal  (Read 122795 times)

Online Davidthebest

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2110
    • View Profile
Re: Passport applications and Passport Renewal
« Reply #420 on: May 13, 2022, 01:24:02 PM »
anyone can post or pm where I can find an appointment the closest to brooklyn before june 6th?
Brooklyn public library om grand army plaza They open slots every 12 am for two weeks ahead.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 01:31:05 PM by Davidthebest »

Offline bobeli

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 15, 2022, 12:54:57 AM »
Thank you, I didn’t know they reopened, the travel gov site takes you to the usps.
I booked an appointment, thank you

Online rbs-g1.5

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 15, 2022, 01:36:21 AM »
The US Embassy has notified Chaim V’Chessed of a beneficial service which they will be offering to the community next week. The Jerusalem Embassy will be hosting an Open Passport Day on Lag B’Omer – Thursday, May 19. On that day, the Embassy will accept DS-11 passport applications from 7:45 AM until 12 PM, with appointments not required. DS-11 application are mainly for children.

This event will allow eligible applicants to appear with no appointment. Just show up at the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem on May 19 and line up to receive passport services!  There is no need to sign up in advance.  If you have an existing appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem or Embassy Branch Office in Tel Aviv, please do not attend this open day as you already have an appointment. Applicants arriving after 12 PM will be turned away.

However, only those meeting certain requirements will be accepted.  Please read the details below carefully, to make sure you qualify, and you bring everything you need.

DS-82, DS-5504, or Consular Report of Birth Abroad applications will not be accepted on this day.  Adult applications or lost passport claims will not be accepted.

Eligible participants will include anyone required to submit a DS-11 passport application form who also already has one of the following proofs of U.S. citizenship and can bring this document to the interview:

Original Existing U.S. passport (To be eligible for the DS-11 open day, your previous passport must have a 5-year validity period, or must have been issued more than 15 years ago. Applicants with 10-year passports issued less than 15 years ago will be turned away as they can mail in or drop off their application.); OR
Original Consular Report of Birth Abroad; OR
Original Certificate of Citizenship; OR
Original Certificate of Naturalization; OR
Original U.S. Birth Certificate
Applicants will also be required to bring a valid form of identification, or, if the applicant is under the age of 16, valid forms of identification for the parents or legal guardians appearing alongside them. See here to to determine whether you are eligible to renew your passport using the DS-11 form.

Along with the completed and printed DS-11 form, please bring the following:

The applicant’s current U.S. passport (if applicable), plus one (1) photocopy of the biodata page (photocopy of passport biodata page must be actual size and not be enlarged or shrunk);
Passport photo (with no glasses; see full photo requirements here.
Valid, original identifications of the parents or legal guardians for each applicant under age 16, plus one (1) photocopy of each parent’s identification per applicant under age 16 (photocopies of the IDs must be the actual size and not be enlarged or shrunk);
Valid, original proof of parentage for each applicant under age 16, plus one (1) photocopy of each document serving as the proof of parentage (examples of such documents include Consular Reports of Birth Abroad or original birth certificates).  Any photocopy of such documents must be the actual size and not be enlarged or shrunk.
Original marriage certificate, divorce decree, or name change document plus one (1) photocopy for those changing their name.  Any photocopy of such documents must be the actual size and not be enlarged or shrunk.
Applicants who do not bring all of the required documentation and/or photocopies of proper documents will be turned away and required to make an appointment on the Embassy’s website. Those who fail to include their Social Security Number on form DS-11 or who do not bring a signed declaration that they do not have a Social Security Number will also be turned away.

Please keep in mind that, according to U.S. law, all legal guardians of a minor under age 16 must appear with the applying minor at the interview. If this is not possible, please bring the relevant documents stating why only one legal guardian is able to appear for the passport interview. Such documents can include, but are not limited to, notarized forms DS-3053, custody agreements, and certified death certificates.

Applicants will submit and make a payment through the consular cashier window using cash or credit cards. Applicants who pay with cash must bring exact change. Those who plan to pay by credit card are also encouraged to bring exact change in the event of systems errors or significant wait times for payments by credit card.

The following fees will be charged:

For each applicant under the age of 16:  $135 U.S. dollars or 486 New Israeli shekels
For each applicant aged 16 or older:  $165 U.S. dollars or 594 New Israeli shekels
The Embassy expects an extremely large turnout on Thursday, May 19, 2022.  Wait times to apply could be anywhere between one and six hours.  Shade, bathrooms, chairs, or water on the outside of the Embassy compound, though these facilities are all available inside the compound. When you arrive at the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem, you will be required to go through a security screening.  Please read through the entire list of prohibited items below to prepare for our security check and simplify your entry.  There are no storage facilities for your items

The post US Embassy ‘Open Passport Day’ for Eligible Applicants appeared first on Chaim V'Chessed.

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #423 on: May 18, 2022, 04:03:56 AM »
I had a baby 2.5 months ago, I have been checking every day for an appt here in Israel with no luck. Is there any other option I have?

Offline Jack out of the box

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase UR, BA Avios, AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, SPG
« Reply #424 on: May 18, 2022, 04:08:39 AM »
I had a baby 2.5 months ago, I have been checking every day for an appt here in Israel with no luck. Is there any other option I have?
The Embassy is supposed to open appointments on Wednesday between 3 and 4pm. Be ready with necessary information and as soon as you see something available in either Yerushalayim or Tel Aviv grab it as fast as you can.

Offline Proisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 18, 2022, 06:18:17 AM »
The Embassy is supposed to open appointments on Wednesday between 3 and 4pm. Be ready with necessary information and as soon as you see something available in either Yerushalayim or Tel Aviv grab it as fast as you can.

Been trying for weeks with no luck.

Offline MeirS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 18, 2022, 08:28:20 AM »
The US Embassy has notified Chaim V’Chessed of a beneficial service which they will be offering to the community next week. The Jerusalem Embassy will be hosting an Open Passport Day on Lag B’Omer – Thursday, May 19. On that day, the Embassy will accept DS-11 passport applications from 7:45 AM until 12 PM, with appointments not required. DS-11 application are mainly for children.

This event will allow eligible applicants to appear with no appointment. Just show up at the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem on May 19 and line up to receive passport services!  There is no need to sign up in advance.  If you have an existing appointment at the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem or Embassy Branch Office in Tel Aviv, please do not attend this open day as you already have an appointment. Applicants arriving after 12 PM will be turned away.

However, only those meeting certain requirements will be accepted.  Please read the details below carefully, to make sure you qualify, and you bring everything you need.

DS-82, DS-5504, or Consular Report of Birth Abroad applications will not be accepted on this day.  Adult applications or lost passport claims will not be accepted.

Eligible participants will include anyone required to submit a DS-11 passport application form who also already has one of the following proofs of U.S. citizenship and can bring this document to the interview:

Original Existing U.S. passport (To be eligible for the DS-11 open day, your previous passport must have a 5-year validity period, or must have been issued more than 15 years ago. Applicants with 10-year passports issued less than 15 years ago will be turned away as they can mail in or drop off their application.); OR
Original Consular Report of Birth Abroad; OR
Original Certificate of Citizenship; OR
Original Certificate of Naturalization; OR
Original U.S. Birth Certificate
Applicants will also be required to bring a valid form of identification, or, if the applicant is under the age of 16, valid forms of identification for the parents or legal guardians appearing alongside them. See here to to determine whether you are eligible to renew your passport using the DS-11 form.

Along with the completed and printed DS-11 form, please bring the following:

The applicant’s current U.S. passport (if applicable), plus one (1) photocopy of the biodata page (photocopy of passport biodata page must be actual size and not be enlarged or shrunk);
Passport photo (with no glasses; see full photo requirements here.
Valid, original identifications of the parents or legal guardians for each applicant under age 16, plus one (1) photocopy of each parent’s identification per applicant under age 16 (photocopies of the IDs must be the actual size and not be enlarged or shrunk);
Valid, original proof of parentage for each applicant under age 16, plus one (1) photocopy of each document serving as the proof of parentage (examples of such documents include Consular Reports of Birth Abroad or original birth certificates).  Any photocopy of such documents must be the actual size and not be enlarged or shrunk.
Original marriage certificate, divorce decree, or name change document plus one (1) photocopy for those changing their name.  Any photocopy of such documents must be the actual size and not be enlarged or shrunk.
Applicants who do not bring all of the required documentation and/or photocopies of proper documents will be turned away and required to make an appointment on the Embassy’s website. Those who fail to include their Social Security Number on form DS-11 or who do not bring a signed declaration that they do not have a Social Security Number will also be turned away.

Please keep in mind that, according to U.S. law, all legal guardians of a minor under age 16 must appear with the applying minor at the interview. If this is not possible, please bring the relevant documents stating why only one legal guardian is able to appear for the passport interview. Such documents can include, but are not limited to, notarized forms DS-3053, custody agreements, and certified death certificates.

Applicants will submit and make a payment through the consular cashier window using cash or credit cards. Applicants who pay with cash must bring exact change. Those who plan to pay by credit card are also encouraged to bring exact change in the event of systems errors or significant wait times for payments by credit card.

The following fees will be charged:

For each applicant under the age of 16:  $135 U.S. dollars or 486 New Israeli shekels
For each applicant aged 16 or older:  $165 U.S. dollars or 594 New Israeli shekels
The Embassy expects an extremely large turnout on Thursday, May 19, 2022.  Wait times to apply could be anywhere between one and six hours.  Shade, bathrooms, chairs, or water on the outside of the Embassy compound, though these facilities are all available inside the compound. When you arrive at the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem, you will be required to go through a security screening.  Please read through the entire list of prohibited items below to prepare for our security check and simplify your entry.  There are no storage facilities for your items

The post US Embassy ‘Open Passport Day’ for Eligible Applicants appeared first on Chaim V'Chessed.

Online rbs-g1.5

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 18, 2022, 11:38:14 AM »

Offline Proisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 19, 2022, 11:24:35 AM »
I was there today, was able to get my kids passport renewed, however no luck with the baby and they have no answers to give. It is very frustrating.

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 20, 2022, 06:03:45 PM »
Any updated DPs on online renewal processing time?

I applied 4 weeks ago and it's still processing.
I plan to fly in 4 weeks and starting to get nervous that I won't have it in time. I can update my order for expedited service, but the time-frame for that is 5-7 weeks so it might not get to me in time even with the faster service.
At the 5 week mark the expedited (5-7 week processing) option becomes free. I added it to my order on Wednesday, and my passport shipped today!

Offline Hjay

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 20, 2022, 06:38:17 PM »
Applied for online renewal a little over a month ago & got it yesterday.

Interestingly the passport is the same as they always were however my daughter (5 y/o) that I applied for a few months ago got a much more modernized passport

Offline Jack out of the box

• View Profile
  • Programs: Chase UR, BA Avios, AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, SPG
« Reply #431 on: May 25, 2022, 04:59:57 PM »
I was there today, was able to get my kids passport renewed, however no luck with the baby and they have no answers to give. It is very frustrating.
Today they opened up the whole month of August. I managed to help a few friends and relatives book for CRBAs and passports. Maybe once a month they open a whole month in a shot. I don't actually know their system.

Offline jojo-nj

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 25, 2022, 10:45:21 PM »
Applied for passport renewal for my 14yr old in person at post office on 4/29. With expedited, received it yesterday 5/24.

Offline abr

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 31, 2022, 10:24:51 AM »
I applied 6 weeks ago online it still says in process but i don't have the option to expedited any more i get message "Thank you for your online passport book/card renewal application" how long will it get delivered?

Offline shmoe joe

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 08, 2022, 01:06:45 AM »
Do I need to send in my old passport when renewing?
give some love (likes) to a brother!

Offline shmoe joe

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 09, 2022, 12:33:12 AM »
bump

Offline yeshivabucher

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #436 on: June 09, 2022, 01:22:05 AM »
online no in person yes IINM

Offline herb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 09, 2022, 09:41:17 AM »

Offline shmoe joe

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 09, 2022, 09:10:39 PM »
online no in person yes IINM
online? I only know of mail in or in person, am I not aware of something?

Offline 1avigrun

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 09, 2022, 09:44:42 PM »