Author Topic: SBA PPP and EIDL Small Business Loans (some money is forgivable)  (Read 545451 times)

Offline dovy2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: SBA PPP and EIDL Small Business Loans (some money is forgivable)
« Reply #3460 on: March 21, 2021, 11:04:08 PM »
Anyone get eidl targeted advance yet? So much for their 21 day window

Offline David101

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: March 22, 2021, 11:57:22 AM »
biz2cred seem to be adding extra verification steps from what I'm reading. They're asking applicants to link their bank accounts which grants them access to all transactions. I don't know if I'm willing to share that much sensitive info especially since I'm a sole prop and use the account for personal transactions.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: March 22, 2021, 12:03:03 PM »
biz2cred seem to be adding extra verification steps from what I'm reading. They're asking applicants to link their bank accounts which grants them access to all transactions. I don't know if I'm willing to share that much sensitive info especially since I'm a sole prop and use the account for personal transactions.

It's just the system they use to verify bank account info. They also offer the voided check option which doesn't require granting them any access.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Fish Tank

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: March 22, 2021, 12:32:45 PM »

It's just the system they use to verify bank account info. They also offer the voided check option which doesn't require granting them any access.

You're able to pull up the application? Link?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: March 22, 2021, 12:34:42 PM »
You're able to pull up the application? Link?

I don't believe Biz2Credit is accepting new applicants at this time.

I applied a while ago, just saying from memory what the options were. Did Biz2Credit remove the voided check option?

Offline David101

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3465 on: March 22, 2021, 12:44:18 PM »
If you used them for a first round application you can can go the application page tab click on view<copy and select 2nd round ppp and fill out new details they need. I don't know if this works but the app will show up.

I'm waiting on cgr to tell me when she's ready to go. Dealing with biz2cred without someone who can push the app through is torture.

Offline Chaimel6

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: March 22, 2021, 03:50:52 PM »
If you are still trying to get a PPP loan, http://www.alcppp.com/ worked for me. They seem to have enough loan officers to deal with the situation.

I don't get a referral fee.

Offline Traveler718

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: March 22, 2021, 09:35:43 PM »
So I applied through Bluevine using Dan's link and again got denied. At least they had the courtesy to email and tell me, unlike CR. BV also included a letter that said:

We have given Applicant's request careful consideration, and regret that we are unable to extend credit to Applicant at this time for the following reason(s):
1. Unable to corroborate provided information from the Applicant about the business or supporting documents with public records or external sources

I called BV for more info (another benefit over CR, though my callback came 6 (!) hours later), but the rep said that she can't even look up my application to see what the problem was.

I tried discussing various possible issues with her, and finally she told me what I had done wrong. I haven't yet filed my 2020 taxes, but I completed Schedule C for 2020 and uploaded it, since I made more than in 2019. She claimed that my application would have been declined since the IRS couldn't validate the document since it wasn't yet filed.

She suggested that I re-file using a DRAFT Schedule C, and if it's labeled DRAFT, it won't be flagged and will get through okay. I asked her if I can just write DRAFT at the top of the Schedule C I sent in, but she said that there's a specific DRAFT form that I have to get from my accountant. I've never heard of such a thing and couldn't find any online mention of it.

I'm happy to call my accountant tomorrow and would love for her to be right, because then I'd at least know what the problem is and can easily correct it, but has anyone heard of such a thing and does it sound legit? I thought I remembered CR saying that you can use your 2020 tax documents even if they're not yet filed. And if she's wrong, any other ideas about what could cause the reason for rejection above, when I had no problems getting approved for 1st draw in January? @cgr  @Dan

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: March 22, 2021, 10:23:12 PM »
I'm happy to call my accountant tomorrow and would love for her to be right, because then I'd at least know what the problem is and can easily correct it, but has anyone heard of such a thing and does it sound legit? I thought I remembered CR saying that you can use your 2020 tax documents even if they're not yet filed. And if she's wrong, any other ideas about what could cause the reason for rejection above, when I had no problems getting approved for 1st draw in January? @cgr  @Dan
The only thing I can think of that the rep could have been referring to is the watermark on an officially prepared return.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: March 22, 2021, 11:47:00 PM »
How would BlueVine know whether you filed 2020 taxes yet? It isn’t public record and (AFAIK) you didn’t give them anything that would allow them to request that from the IRS.

Offline Traveler718

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: March 23, 2021, 09:25:04 AM »
How would BlueVine know whether you filed 2020 taxes yet? It isn’t public record and (AFAIK) you didn’t give them anything that would allow them to request that from the IRS.

I told the customer service lady that I hadn't yet filed, and she claimed that would have caused the denial. Is it possible that part of the security verifications involves checking the submitted Schedule C with the IRS, which would reject it since they have no such document on file? If push comes to shove, I can just refile with my 2019 Schedule C that the IRS already has, but it would cost me a bit in terms of a reduced loan size, so I'd rather not.

It sounds like @cgr has never heard of such a thing though. Guess I'll try my account and/or HUCA. If anyone has any other feedback or suggestions, I'd be very grateful.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: March 23, 2021, 09:46:20 AM »
I told the customer service lady that I hadn't yet filed, and she claimed that would have caused the denial. Is it possible that part of the security verifications involves checking the submitted Schedule C with the IRS, which would reject it since they have no such document on file? If push comes to shove, I can just refile with my 2019 Schedule C that the IRS already has, but it would cost me a bit in terms of a reduced loan size, so I'd rather not.

It sounds like @cgr has never heard of such a thing though. Guess I'll try my account and/or HUCA. If anyone has any other feedback or suggestions, I'd be very grateful.

I think what CGR suggested is that you add a draft watermark. Why don't you try that first, it's simple enough. Personally I don't trust that the phone rep was giving you the entire story, but it can't hurt to try.

ETA draft watermark sample:

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: March 23, 2021, 10:31:30 AM »

The bank shouldn't be able to check anything with the IRS without you signing a 4506-T, so I'm not sure what exactly they're talking about.
My suggestion about the watermark is for your tax preparer to get you a copy with it- I believe most tax softwares generate draft copies with the draft watermark.

Offline mgoldman

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: March 23, 2021, 02:46:18 PM »
Hi
I'm trying to log in to my SBA portal but for the last few weeks it comes up "This IP is blocked for multiple failed login attempts. Please try again later."
i tried a few devises also a few different browsers but no luck. any help?

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: March 23, 2021, 03:25:09 PM »
Hi
I'm trying to log in to my SBA portal but for the last few weeks it comes up "This IP is blocked for multiple failed login attempts. Please try again later."
Interesting, I had the same but it worked on a different device.

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: March 23, 2021, 03:49:21 PM »
Hi
Try resetting your password using Chrome from a desktop. 
If that doesn't work, you'll need to call and ask for tier 2 to refer you to IT- they can reset your account.

Offline New Yorker

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: March 23, 2021, 05:01:46 PM »
Hi

You need to use a VPN. I use NordVPN and I'm able to login. If it's still not working, refresh the VPN to use a different server.
The first time you do this, use a different browser than the one you tried to login before.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 05:08:21 PM by New Yorker »

Offline mgoldman

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: March 23, 2021, 06:12:14 PM »
thank you all. i guess its the filter

Offline cgr

• View Profile

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: March 24, 2021, 06:44:37 PM »
Senate voting on PPP extension tomorrow at 11AM.