Author Topic: SBA PPP and EIDL Small Business Loans (some money is forgivable)  (Read 535885 times)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: SBA PPP and EIDL Small Business Loans (some money is forgivable)
« Reply #720 on: May 02, 2020, 11:21:35 PM »
I'm asking if there's a way to double dip. In this case many independent contractors of the S corp are not applying on their own for various reasons.
This somewhat applies to me and I found that these are not eligible payroll expenses.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 02, 2020, 11:29:07 PM »
This somewhat applies to me and I found that these are not eligible payroll expenses.

I'm asking if that's true for all lenders, I seemed to remember some banks were accepting IC/1099 as Payroll, but I don't remember where and it wasn't relevant to me at the time, now it is.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 02, 2020, 11:32:39 PM »
I'm asking if that's true for all lenders, I seemed to remember some banks were accepting IC/1099 as Payroll, but I don't remember where and it wasn't relevant to me at the time, now it is.
It is from SBA guidelines. I think that some accepted at first while the SBA was vague but that they have since issued clearer guidelines. The ability to include 1099 would have been very valuable to me.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 02, 2020, 11:58:53 PM »
Interestingly, I just recieved this email from the SBA. I got an EIDL advance and a PPP loan but did not apply for any other loan.

Dear Applicant,

We understand the challenges your business is facing due to the massive disruption caused by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. You are receiving this message as a notification that your Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) application is currently being processed in the order it was received. You will receive an email notification when there is a change to your application status.

Without question, COVID-19 has caused an extraordinary impact on our nation's small businesses, and the demand for emergency working capital provided by the EIDL program is at historic levels. The SBA is processing applications from small businesses and private non-profit organizations across the country as quickly as possible. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to assist as many applicants as possible.

Additional information on available resources to assist your business during the effects of COVID-19 may be found online at www.sba.gov/coronavirus.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 12:10:05 AM by aygart »

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 03, 2020, 12:03:20 AM »

https://www.sba.com/funding-a-business/government-small-business-loans/ppp/faq/contractors-included-payroll-calculations-ppp/

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 03, 2020, 12:03:54 AM »
Interestingly, I just recorded this email from the SBA. I got am EIDL advance and a PPP loan but shots not apply for any other loan.

Shots?

SBA will have a few billion left over (I estimated as much as $30B) once they give all 4 million applicants their grants. A few lucky SBA applicants will also get EIDL, which has much more favorable terms, but I'm not sure how it would work for them if they also got PPP.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 03, 2020, 12:05:53 AM »
https://www.sba.com/funding-a-business/government-small-business-loans/ppp/faq/contractors-included-payroll-calculations-ppp/

Hope anyone who applied early and got approved under this premise won't have issues with forgiveness, that would such for businesses who go on paying contractors expecting to get forgiven, and are left holding the bag.

Offline yitz1000

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 03, 2020, 12:06:57 AM »
Interestingly, I just recorded this email from the SBA. I got am EIDL advance and a PPP loan but shots not apply for any other loan.

Dear Applicant,

We understand the challenges your business is facing due to the massive disruption caused by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. You are receiving this message as a notification that your Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) application is currently being processed in the order it was received. You will receive an email notification when there is a change to your application status.

Without question, COVID-19 has caused an extraordinary impact on our nation's small businesses, and the demand for emergency working capital provided by the EIDL program is at historic levels. The SBA is processing applications from small businesses and private non-profit organizations across the country as quickly as possible. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to assist as many applicants as possible.

Additional information on available resources to assist your business during the effects of COVID-19 may be found online at www.sba.gov/coronavirus.

Looks like some auto-correct going on there. I think you meant to say that you received EIDL & PPP already? Please clarify.

I received this email too. Looks like it was probably sent to all EIDL applicants.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 03, 2020, 12:08:34 AM »
Looks like some auto-correct going on there. I think you meant to say that you received EIDL & PPP already? Please clarify.

I received this email too. Looks like it was probably sent to all EIDL applicants.

Yes, he got an EIDL grant, and PPP loan.

If you're an EIDL applicant, expect a grant to magically appear in your bank account, they don't really notify you before or afterwards.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 03, 2020, 12:10:49 AM »
Shots?

SBA will have a few billion left over (I estimated as much as $30B) once they give all 4 million applicants their grants. A few lucky SBA applicants will also get EIDL, which has much more favorable terms, but I'm not sure how it would work for them if they also got PPP.

Edited to

Interestingly, I just recieved this email from the SBA. I got an EIDL advance and a PPP loan but did not apply for any other loan.

Offline TBD

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 03, 2020, 12:19:13 AM »
Just got email from Dime with Bank account opening docs. seems that its already after underwriting approval

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #731 on: May 03, 2020, 12:28:41 AM »

Dear Applicant,

Got the same tonight.

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 03, 2020, 12:29:05 AM »
Just got email from Dime with Bank account opening docs. seems that its already after underwriting approval
Got the same email. Asked banker if this means that the underwriting team has already approved it and she said no.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 03, 2020, 12:29:31 AM »
Got the same tonight.
What did you apply for?

Offline cgr

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 03, 2020, 12:37:42 AM »
What did you apply for?
EIDL with advance

Offline Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #735 on: May 03, 2020, 12:49:49 AM »
+$XXXXX ;D

called this banker and he claims i got a loan number.  huge thanks!

he also claims that PPP funds are probably depleted by end of day today.
very interesting scenario. i just got the approval email from Kabbage. so might be that Dime banker got the notification that my social is approved. and he might have thought that its through his application.
#TYH

Offline yitz1000

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 03, 2020, 01:17:45 AM »
very interesting scenario. i just got the approval email from Kabbage. so might be that Dime banker got the notification that my social is approved. and he might have thought that its through his application.
BH you got approval.

I got 2 approvals from BV on Friday (applied on Friday!) and they say they already initiated deposits.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 03, 2020, 01:19:44 AM »

That’s really odd. Banker should be able to see who the lender on the approval is, no?

Offline Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #738 on: May 03, 2020, 01:21:08 AM »
That’s really odd. Banker should be able to see who the lender on the approval is, no?
i would think so. i guess time will tell who gives the payout
#TYH

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 03, 2020, 02:07:46 AM »
Which leads me to think that what dime bankers are saying about getting loan number and funds put aside may not be so simple. If he was approved by a different bank already then the banker is mistaken by saying that he has a loan number for him. Then maybe all bankers are repeating the same non sense. Maybe the LPL number they are referring as SBA number is just an internal approval number before actually going to the SBA.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.