Author Topic: SBA PPP and EIDL Small Business Loans (some money is forgivable)  (Read 546093 times)

Offline jack79

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: SBA PPP and EIDL Small Business Loans (some money is forgivable)
« Reply #3260 on: February 23, 2021, 05:27:24 PM »
Perhaps someone can advise.

After submitting my EIDL application I realized I should have reported a bit more income (under $1000) to 2019. The problem is that if they pull my tax transcripts it may show as inconsistent.

I called SBA. The rep first said I can wait to hear from them. If it turns out to be an issue I will have a chance to give an explanation.
Then she said I can email distastercustomerservice@sba.gov and they will add whatever I write to my application.

Today a different rep said to email pdc@reconsideration.sba.gov because it is a loan. It seemed to me that the first rep knew better what she was saying, but not sure.

Does anyone have an idea if it is better to sit it out and update them if there is an issue or to email them stating that x money should be added to month x of 2019?

Thanks in advance
Respect everyone. Question everything. Strive for truth.

Offline 123-Rosh

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: February 23, 2021, 05:35:19 PM »

After submitting my EIDL application I realized I should have reported a bit more income (under $1000) to 2019. The problem is that if they pull my tax transcripts it may show as inconsistent.

I called SBA. The rep first said I can wait to hear from them. If it turns out to be an issue I will have a chance to give an explanation.
Then she said I can email distastercustomerservice@sba.gov and they will add whatever I write to my application.

Today a different rep said to email pdc@reconsideration.sba.gov because it is a loan. It seemed to me that the first rep knew better what she was saying, but not sure.

Does anyone have an idea if it is better to sit it out and update them if there is an issue or to email them stating that x money should be added to month x of 2019?

Thanks in advance

Sounds like you might need a lawyer.  :)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: February 23, 2021, 05:43:28 PM »

Thanks in advance

Under $1k difference sounds negligible
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline ShimshonK

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: February 23, 2021, 10:29:38 PM »
I guess people who already got their PPP would have to jump through hoops to get their lender to adjust their PPP amount?
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/22/business/smallbusiness/paycheck-protection-program-small-business-biden.html
"The S.B.A. will not retroactively change loans that have been disbursed, and it will not let those who already got loans return them and reapply, according to an agency official familiar with the plan, who was not authorized to speak publicly."

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: February 23, 2021, 10:43:39 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/22/business/smallbusiness/paycheck-protection-program-small-business-biden.html
"The S.B.A. will not retroactively change loans that have been disbursed, and it will not let those who already got loans return them and reapply, according to an agency official familiar with the plan, who was not authorized to speak publicly."

Basically mostly benefits newly eligible applicants or other latecomers.

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: February 23, 2021, 11:38:38 PM »

Thanks in advance
I am far from an expert on this, but I would assume that you may want to send an email to any of the addresses mentioned. Not that it will accomplish anything, but if it ever comes Ch'v to criminal charges, having an email showing that you were upfront about it can probably save you a lot of heartache.

Offline mord1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: February 24, 2021, 12:03:34 AM »
my wifes business was just denied by cross river.
for this:  "Insufficient information or documentation to make a PPP credit decision."
I submitted the same stuff I did for her as I did for my 2 businesses and didnt have a problem.  any ideas on where to go now?

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: February 24, 2021, 08:26:42 AM »
my wifes business was just denied by cross river.
for this:  "Insufficient information or documentation to make a PPP credit decision."
I submitted the same stuff I did for her as I did for my 2 businesses and didnt have a problem.  any ideas on where to go now?
PM me

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: February 24, 2021, 08:30:58 AM »
BH there’s progress on the targeted advance. SBA emailed me this morning:

Continue Your SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application

The status of your SBA Application No.xxxxxxxxx has been updated.

Login to your SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Portal account to continue with the next step.

When I signed in I saw:

There was also a 4506-T document to sign. Hoping funding comes quickly. Anyone else get this or EIDL funding?

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: February 24, 2021, 08:48:31 AM »

When I signed in I saw:

There was also a 4506-T document to sign. Hoping funding comes quickly. Anyone else get this or EIDL funding?

I have a feeling that this step resets the 21 day clock, but it's probably only sent to those who a) live in a LIC, and b) had a 30% reduction, so if you get it, you're on the right path.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3270 on: February 24, 2021, 08:51:01 AM »
I have a feeling that this step resets the 21 day clock, but it's probably only sent to those who a) live in a LIC, and b) had a 30% reduction, so if you get it, you're on the right path.

Interesting. How many more such steps are there? :
(Asking rhetorically, hopefully there aren’t any more)

Offline TBD

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: February 24, 2021, 08:59:33 AM »
Don't they send the original email only to people living in LIC?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: February 24, 2021, 09:00:30 AM »
Don't they send the original email only to people living in LIC?

I wondered about this too, but maybe they send to everyone in case someone moved? Not sure...

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #3273 on: February 24, 2021, 10:03:40 AM »

When I signed in I saw:

Same here
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: February 24, 2021, 11:08:22 AM »

When I signed in I saw:

Same here

@kargagaliciana

Offline Chaimel6

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: February 24, 2021, 12:16:35 PM »
If someone makes less over Pesach (net income is a forgivable "payroll expense" for self-employed), does he gain by waiting until after Pesach to apply?

It's a first PPP loan.

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: February 24, 2021, 12:24:21 PM »
If someone makes less over Pesach (net income is a forgivable "payroll expense" for self-employed), does he gain by waiting until after Pesach to apply?

It's a first PPP loan.
How would earning less during your covered period benefit you?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: February 24, 2021, 12:29:03 PM »

It's a first PPP loan.

I'm not following:
Your loan amount will be based on 2019 or 2020 payroll (gross income for sole-prop/independent-contractor), so applying after Pesach 2021 won't change anything.
Your forgiveness requires you to spend the money on qualifying expenses over a covered period of 24 weeks. Unless you're borrowing more than 22 weeks of payroll (unlikely) and other expenses, I can't see how Pesach is relevant.

Revenue/income in 2021 is not relevant, especially for 1st draw.

Offline cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: February 24, 2021, 12:35:01 PM »
Your forgiveness requires you to spend the money on qualifying expenses over a covered period of 24 weeks. Unless you're borrowing more than 22 weeks of payroll (unlikely) and other expenses, I can't see how Pesach is relevant.
It's not relevant even in a hypothetical impossible case like this, because Pesach will still be part of his covered period and owner comp will still be forgivable during that time- you don't have to put in a certain amount of work for it to qualify as owner comp.

Offline Hiding

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: February 24, 2021, 12:42:21 PM »

Thanks in advance
Sounds like you might need a lawyer.  :)
Under $1k difference sounds negligible
I am far from an expert on this, but I would assume that you may want to send an email to any of the addresses mentioned. Not that it will accomplish anything, but if it ever comes Ch'v to criminal charges, having an email showing that you were upfront about it can probably save you a lot of heartache.
Either I'm missing something or people are not understanding the story precisely. Why would there be legal trouble with writing LESS on 2019. That would only negatively affect the applicant. The only question would be, would they verify the info and flag the application, and if so what's the better path forward. I wonder what the better approach is.