Author Topic: SBA PPP and EIDL Small Business Loans (some money is forgivable)  (Read 535633 times)

Online cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: SBA PPP and EIDL Small Business Loans (some money is forgivable)
« Reply #3520 on: April 05, 2021, 03:35:04 PM »
I set up a CAWEB account as @AsherO suggested, and 3 different loans came up: the 1st draw that I received earlier this year under the name of my business, the 2nd draw that I was approved for through Bank #4 in the name of my business, and the loan that Bank #3 got approved ... in my name, not my business's name!
Looks like the bank made a mistake and submitted with your SSN instead of EIN, which is why the second approval went through. This is something a few banks have been routinely making mistakes on, and you wouldn't believe the headaches this has caused for those seeking to go for Second Draw- it basically means going back to the First Draw bank, having them go back to the SBA and correct all the information to EIN/Business name, and then they can finally proceed to Draw 2.

And since the loan in my name says Loan Type PPP (not PPS), I assume that means it's first draw, correct? And since my original 1st draw was in the business name and the new one is in my name, would that explain why Etran let them both through? And would it still be asking for trouble to accept the new 1st draw if it's being made to a different party and it's made it through Etran? And even if I can't keep both of them, could I repay the original smaller one in the business name and then accept and get forgiveness for the new larger one in my name? @cgr
You can only receive PPP matching the docs you have- if you have an LLC or Corp and your payroll or tax docs are in that name, I'd be very surprised to see a bank get through the full underwriting process and approve you on your name in this round- it happened plenty last time, but it shouldn't (won't) be happening now.
You cannot repay your First Draw to receive a higher First Draw now.

Online cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: April 05, 2021, 03:38:27 PM »
I would like to publicly acknowledge @cgr for all of her help and guidance.
Thank you:)
Unfortunately after my experiences with Biz2Credit in the last 2-3 weeks I'm no longer recommending them, and I hope to have a new partnership in place later today with a different outfit.

Biz2Credit has started requesting an inordinate amount of information due to the large number of fraud applications they received. While I understand their need to protect themselves, it's simply not reasonable when it comes to volume applications- I've been spending hours of time on applications when previously I would spend a few minutes...

Online cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: April 05, 2021, 03:39:15 PM »
Hi! Been having issues with my EIDL document uploads for a month now. Other than email, is there any way to actually get information from the underwriting team there?
Try calling and requesting a tier 2 rep.
Tier 1 knows nothing.

Online cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: April 05, 2021, 03:40:22 PM »
Nice.
Any idea when their application page will be back up? It's been down for at least 2 weeks already @cgr .
They might not reopen publicly at all due to the number of fraud applications they received.
Unfortunately after my experiences with Biz2Credit in the last 2-3 weeks I'm no longer recommending them, and I hope to have a new partnership in place later today with a different outfit.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: April 05, 2021, 03:46:58 PM »

Biz2Credit has started requesting an inordinate amount of information due to the large number of fraud applications they received. While I understand their need to protect themselves, it's simply not reasonable when it comes to volume applications- I've been spending hours of time on applications when previously I would spend a few minutes...

Ugh, why we all can’t have nice things :(
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Traveler718

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3525 on: April 05, 2021, 04:43:32 PM »
You can only receive PPP matching the docs you have- if you have an LLC or Corp and your payroll or tax docs are in that name, I'd be very surprised to see a bank get through the full underwriting process and approve you on your name in this round- it happened plenty last time, but it shouldn't (won't) be happening now.
You cannot repay your First Draw to receive a higher First Draw now.

Hmm, I checked last year's Schedule C, and it has both my name and SSN and also the LLC name and EIN. But my profile on CAWEB shows this loan payable to my personal name with status "Active Un-Disbursed." Does that mean that it was fully approved, or could it still be flagged and denied were I to fill out the closing documents to receive the funds? And given your understanding of the situation, how likely would it be to go through, and how risky would it be to try it? @cgr

Offline Barryg

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: April 05, 2021, 05:09:56 PM »
be Matzliach with the new partnership!!

Offline Fiddy

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: April 05, 2021, 08:30:09 PM »
I would like to publicly acknowledge @cgr for all of her help and guidance.

Got 3 PPP loans approved and funded via biz2credit.

Having @cgr to communicate with, get updates and suggestions regarding various document and verification requests was helpful, as well as reassuring in having the confidence that I am communicating with someone that knows what she's talking about.
Same!
Thanks again [mention]cgr [/mention]

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #3528 on: April 06, 2021, 03:00:48 PM »

Do you have an ETA on this? Would you tell someone who got 1st draw with Biz2Credit to go elsewhere for 2nd draw, or do the 2nd draw with Biz2Credit?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: April 06, 2021, 03:19:53 PM »
Do you have an ETA on this? Would you tell someone who got 1st draw with Biz2Credit to go elsewhere for 2nd draw, or do the 2nd draw with Biz2Credit?
I'll start passing the link around later today.
Second time with Biz2 is not a problem- the issue is with first-time clients.

Online cgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: April 06, 2021, 03:55:40 PM »
Hmm, I checked last year's Schedule C, and it has both my name and SSN and also the LLC name and EIN. But my profile on CAWEB shows this loan payable to my personal name with status "Active Un-Disbursed." Does that mean that it was fully approved, or could it still be flagged and denied were I to fill out the closing documents to receive the funds? And given your understanding of the situation, how likely would it be to go through, and how risky would it be to try it? @cgr
If you got a Second Draw approval under your EIN, it has to be that your First Draw was also under your EIN- there's no Second Draw without a corresponding First Draw.
Active Un-Disbursed generally means that an Etran has been issued, but the bank didn't disburse the funds yet- I'm confused now with all the etrans you have going on here, so not sure if this makes sense in your case or not...

I don't suggest trying to get 2 First Draws on the same documents- it's fraud.

Offline jackofall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: April 06, 2021, 05:29:44 PM »
Anybody received the targeted advance yet?
Thanks!
Anyway to push this along?
If you focus on being a boss, you will never be a leader. Leaders lead people to growth and improvement.

Offline minkr

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: April 06, 2021, 06:10:09 PM »
Just got approved for SBA targeted advance! additional 9k

Offline jackofall

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: April 06, 2021, 06:26:33 PM »
Funds received?
If you focus on being a boss, you will never be a leader. Leaders lead people to growth and improvement.

Online USam

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: April 06, 2021, 06:35:58 PM »
Got an email on Shabbos saying targeted advance was approved.
Funds  were deposited today B”H.

Offline YesThatsMe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: April 06, 2021, 06:43:36 PM »

What day did you apply?

Offline YesThatsMe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: April 06, 2021, 06:43:46 PM »
Got an email on Shabbos saying targeted advance was approved.
Funds  were deposited today B”H.

What day did you apply?

Offline TBD

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: April 06, 2021, 06:53:23 PM »
Dear SBA borrower,

According to our records, you received a COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to help your business weather the financial hardships brought on by the pandemic. These loans were previously limited to six months of economic injury up to a maximum of $150,000. The SBA recently announced a policy change that significantly increases loan limits up to 24 months of economic injury with a maximum loan amount of $500,000.

We are reaching out to inform you that the SBA's new increased loan limits for the COVID-19 EIDL program are now in effect and you may be eligible to receive additional loan funds. Please be advised that for loan amounts over $25,000, SBA will continue to take a security interest in business assets evidenced by a general security agreement and UCC filing. SBA will also require an unsecured personal guarantee for loan amounts over $200,000 from any individual with 20 percent or more ownership. Real estate collateral will not be required for any loans of $500,000 or less.

As a reminder, SBA announced last month that we are extending the first payment due date for all loans until 2022. For COVID-19 EIDL loans made in calendar year 2020, the first payment due date is extended until 24 months from the date of the note, and for loans made in calendar year 2021 the first payment due date is extended until 18 months from the date of the note. Loan interest continues to accrue during the deferment period, and a loan increase will not further extend your first payment due date.

Follow these instructions if you wish to request a loan increase:

Send email to CovidEIDLIncreaseRequests@sba.gov
Use subject line "EIDL Increase Request for [insert your 10-digit application number]"
Be sure to include in the body of your email identifying information for your current loan including application number, loan number, business name, business address, business owner name(s), and phone number.
Important: Do not include any financial documents or tax records with your initial request. You will receive a follow up email notification if we need additional documents.
We will process increase requests in the order they are received. Due to the expected high volume of incoming requests, it may be several weeks before you receive a response from SBA on next steps to follow. Please do not resend multiple requests if you do not hear back right away as the extra emails could slow down the overall response time.

If you have any questions regarding the COVID-19 EIDL program, or SBA's other COVID relief program, please visit our website at SBA.gov/relief for the most current updates.

We look forward to assisting with your recovery from this pandemic.

Offline sillypainter

• View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: April 06, 2021, 08:21:34 PM »
Thanks much! Email sent to SBA for an increase. I did not get the email yet, but I used the info I got from your post. Will report back when I hear back.

Received auto reply.

Thank you for contacting the Covid EIDL Increase Team.  Your request has been received and will be processed in the order it was received.   

Thank You,
Covid EIDL Increase Team

Offline the great

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: April 06, 2021, 09:11:56 PM »
Where do I find the loan number? Is it the same as the application number?