Author Topic: A goy does care.  (Read 5834 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
A goy does care.
« on: April 08, 2020, 08:46:02 AM »
I read just about every post in this sub-forum. Some of the stories just tear me up.

When I read a story about someone taken so young and leaving behind a family with so many children I have no words how that makes me feel. Yes I do cry. I do not see them as Jewish children but as G-d's children who will never see their mother/father on this earth again.

When I read about so many of the elders you respect and cherish taken from you it hurts me deeply.

When I read the story of a non-Jewish family I don't even know losing four of their close family in a few days I have no words to explain how I feel.

Then I see a comment how a goy does not have "out of the ordinary feeling" for others and many members "like" it or +1000 it. Not one comment "Hey that's not really true".

There are tens of millions just like me. 
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
Re: A goy does care.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 09:00:44 AM »
@CountValentine "Righteous Among the Nations"

Offline Savingsbeast

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 09:04:25 AM »
Powerful words!

Thank you CV for sharing your heart's feelings. I haven't seen any of these comments that you mention, if I did I would have protested.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 09:04:53 AM »
Powerful words!

Thank you CV for sharing your heart's feelings. I haven't seen any of these comments that you mention, if I did I would have protested.

+1
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Chapshnell

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Skypesos, AA Shilling, AS Pounds.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 09:22:11 AM »
Thank you for your nice post

Offline KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 09:23:17 AM »
I read just about every post in this sub-forum. Some of the stories just tear me up.

When I read a story about someone taken so young and leaving behind a family with so many children I have no words how that makes me feel. Yes I do cry. I do not see them as Jewish children but as G-d's children who will never see their mother/father on this earth again.

When I read about so many of the elders you respect and cherish taken from you it hurts me deeply.

When I read the story of a non-Jewish family I don't even know losing four of their close family in a few days I have no words to explain how I feel.

Then I see a comment how a goy does not have "out of the ordinary feeling" for others and many members "like" it or +1000 it. Not one comment "Hey that's not really true".

Thanx for your post in these hard times.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline shwarmabob

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 09:56:55 AM »
@CV
When I read the post that you are referring to I figured it would elicit a response from you. I understand and respect your feelings.
In reality it's not him who supposed to protest or explain those comments but "us".
Side issue but you also have to realize that it's one of the busiest days of the year so not everyone has the time or energy to "protest" those comments.

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 10:01:13 AM »
When I wrote my post, I was going to include a disclaimer about you - how you clearly DO care very much. In the end I didn't, because, Jew or not, I think you're pretty much part of the community by now so you were included in my main point.

My point was that as Jews our community is both emotionally closer and physically more spread out than what is typically considered a community, hence the overwhelming amount of pain we feel - while a typical John Doe does not have that personal connection to so many others.

Obviously there are "tens of millions" who do care about others they don't know, but I don't think that they do so on quite the same personal level.

You are somewhat of an outlier with a very strong connection to our community - not very many Catholics are Honorary Internet Jews ;D. Jews are a family, and you're part of it.
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Offline JACKBLUE

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 01:23:37 PM »
When I wrote my post, I was going to include a disclaimer about you - how you clearly DO care very much. In the end I didn't, because, Jew or not, I think you're pretty much part of the community by now so you were included in my main point.

My point was that as Jews our community is both emotionally closer and physically more spread out than what is typically considered a community, hence the overwhelming amount of pain we feel - while a typical John Doe does not have that personal connection to so many others.

Obviously there are "tens of millions" who do care about others they don't know, but I don't think that they do so on quite the same personal level.

You are somewhat of an outlier with a very strong connection to our community - not very many Catholics are Honorary Internet Jews ;D. Jews are a family, and you're part of it.
Exactly!
And when I +1000 your post I meant just this!
@CountValentine if you meant me I’m sorry if these posts weren’t clear but this is what I understood from his post..... nothing against Non Jews.... I didn’t read his post as Jews I read it as community...

Offline zh cohen

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 02:33:02 PM »

I did wince a bit when reading it, because it could easily be read the way you understood it.

The way I understood that (perhaps poorly worded) post was that beyond the pain that all good people feel for these horrific deaths, there is an added sense of pain for someone you know or feel close to.

In a tight knit community, it is more likely that someone feels that added pain, because there is a higher chance that someone they know personally was affected.

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 03:02:27 PM »
I purposely did not quote the post because it was not directed at anyone personally but at the perception. I have met @Something Fishy a few times. I know him to be a caring and decent person.

Other than saying that I don't know how to respond without making this worse so I won't.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline JACKBLUE

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2020, 03:03:10 PM »
Thread closed.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2020, 03:15:48 PM »
It's human to care. G-d made us that way.

I cry when I read stories like these, Jewish or not. Only a monster wouldn't be touched by what's going on or by the stories people are sharing!

But Jews are family in a way that other religions don't have, perhaps due to lack to proselytizing and our very small numbers. Nearly all Ashkenzic Jews are all related to each other many times over as can be seen via DNA testing.

When you lose a cousin or blood relative, it hurts deeper than when you read about a stranger. That's true even if you didn't know the cousin on a personal level.

Not sure if that helps anything, but happy holidays to all.

I for one can't wait for a return of the DDF ORD DO when this is all done and behind us!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline zh cohen

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2020, 03:44:00 PM »

I for one can't wait for a return of the DDF ORD DO when this is all done and behind us!

Will invitations be based on post count before all these threads are moved to JS or after?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2020, 03:46:15 PM »
Will invitations be based on post count before all these threads are moved to JS or after?
I think we've done at least 3 or 4 ORD DOs. Always been open to all.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2020, 12:14:50 AM »

Indeed!
 No time for critic's here.. it's hurtful for every human being!
To see the entire world in shambles with CoVid-19 you'd be crazy to not feel sorry and not to be woken up and feel some pain!

But like meantioned above being that some religions, in this case being the Jewish people that are closer than other religions and ironically are only populated in select states and countries around the globe..
 And being that the forum consist of mainly the Jewish crowd your going to see post's that are focused on the Jewish community and cared for specifically.
   While a Muslim paper would be caring for the Muslim community and CNN would be caring for the Democratic party..and so on...
 So I don't think any harm was meant in any way to anyone.
Every single one of us are one of God's creation!
     @CountValentine you're a great person here!
Stay strong and hopefully we will all pass through this pandemic with God's help very soon..
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Shkop

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2020, 12:28:42 AM »
@CountValentine "Righteous Among the Nations"
He must keep the seven Noach laws, and for the right reasons, for that.
A democracy is a form of government, not an intrinsic truth

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2020, 12:40:43 AM »
There are many cases where those greater than anyone here used such terminology without checking on that.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2020, 12:43:56 AM »
There are many cases where those greater than anyone here used such terminology without checking on that.
I heard Oskar Schindler ate eiver min hachai
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2020, 12:45:32 AM »

Thanks y for keeping score. It's been tough without sports