Author Topic: COL video about Maimonidies, a must watch  (Read 25391 times)

Offline Sammy82

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: COL video about Maimonidies, a must watch
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2020, 09:08:17 PM »
right so i agreed with that ... i can understand why that was put into place even though i think its horrible for all parties
my issue is if they are overwhelmed with even just giving people basic care then they should let the families send them food and other things they might need while they are there... e.g. phone charger
I hear

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2020, 11:33:55 PM »
Challah on pesach?

dont ruin a good kvetch with kashas

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2020, 12:53:18 AM »
By me, a good kvetch usually comes after kasha

Offline chevron

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2020, 01:02:38 AM »
Heard from a person that was released after pesach.
Family sent food, Challah, Veg soup... nurses kept saying that he's eating well, and he really liked the food, finished till last drop etc.
When he was released, in his bag was all food they sent, still sealed, covered in mold...

Just that the average person idea of sending food to people in hospital is comic.

So you're telling me that people with acute covid19 should be eating rich food? In general eating well is critical. But I can only imagine patients throwing up etc.

You and everyone else kvetching don't understand the nature of this disease.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/20/opinion/coronavirus-testing-pneumonia.html

Read this... he clearly outlines how patients who seem like they have no symptoms or actually dying

Offline ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2020, 11:20:46 AM »
Challah on pesach?
It was sent before pesach, when he was released after Pesach, it was in his bag...
yeah, it's a long time, hence - the mold.

Offline ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2020, 11:46:42 AM »
I didn't write he was sent challah Pesach...
Read again.

Offline Yitz

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2020, 01:07:42 PM »
Maimonides is a known danger on a good day
i don't doubt any horror story coming out of there ...sorry just way to many negligent stories coming out of there for way to long

We have family in the hospital. The situation is very sad as the nurses cant help everyone and this is a lady that is 87 and not well. We got permission 1 time  for 1 person to visit for 1/2 hour.

Offline LNS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2020, 01:12:36 PM »
Just that the average person idea of sending food to people in hospital is comic.

So you're telling me that people with acute covid19 should be eating rich food? In general eating well is critical. But I can only imagine patients throwing up etc.

You and everyone else kvetching don't understand the nature of this disease.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/20/opinion/coronavirus-testing-pneumonia.html

Read this... he clearly outlines how patients who seem like they have no symptoms or actually dying

fortunately not everyone that is in the hospital is at that point
someone who has pneumonia and needs oxygen will be hospitalized but can still eat and communicate with family normally
did you watch the video in this thread with Rubashkin talking about his mothers condition?

Offline LNS

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2020, 01:18:36 PM »
We have family in the hospital. The situation is very sad as the nurses cant help everyone and this is a lady that is 87 and not well. We got permission 1 time  for 1 person to visit for 1/2 hour.

I'm sorry to hear that...and i understand the nurses and doctors are human and its a struggle to help everyone
but if we are talking about Maimonides in specific then its a different story
i can tell you numerous stories and I'm sure many others can as well way before Corona came around

Offline Yitz

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2020, 01:22:22 PM »
I'm sorry to hear that...and i understand the nurses and doctors are human and its a struggle to help everyone
i can tell you numerous stories and I'm sure many others can as well way before Corona came around

I am sure you can, hatzolah said no place makes a difference right now.

Offline yochiek93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2020, 10:51:34 AM »
apparent stories and what really happened are 2 different things talk tachlis how many real cases went to court or some other kind of litigation, (I know some of them) yes the hospital has problems but not dropping everything to tend to your needs is not neglect remember doctors and nurses have many patients.
I am sure you can, hatzolah said no place makes a difference right now.
apparently every other hospital is doing a great job but Maimonides is the only one treating everyone like the concentration camps tying hands.... People have to get a grip on reasoning before just pointing fingers or I ask let them do better I doubt they can or will especially from behind their computers.

Offline yossig

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2020, 11:24:57 AM »
apparent stories and what really happened are 2 different things talk tachlis how many real cases went to court or some other kind of litigation, (I know some of them) yes the hospital has problems but not dropping everything to tend to your needs is not neglect remember doctors and nurses have many patients.  apparently every other hospital is doing a great job but Maimonides is the only one treating everyone like the concentration camps tying hands.... People have to get a grip on reasoning before just pointing fingers or I ask let them do better I doubt they can or will especially from behind their computers.
just heard another 1st hand crazy story about WMC,  Patient is BH here to tell the story.

Mark this: people unfortunately died from hunger, thirst, and that is pure neglect!

This guy begged for food, after waiting HOURS they finally came and said, sorry it’s not meal time now. So the guy is like give me a fruit or something, I’m sorry it’s not meal time now.........

I can imagine your response, and I know it’s easier to live in denial, facing the facts are very depressing.

Offline LNS

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2020, 11:30:38 AM »
apparent stories and what really happened are 2 different things talk tachlis how many real cases went to court or some other kind of litigation, (I know some of them) yes the hospital has problems but not dropping everything to tend to your needs is not neglect remember doctors and nurses have many patients.  apparently every other hospital is doing a great job but Maimonides is the only one treating everyone like the concentration camps tying hands.... People have to get a grip on reasoning before just pointing fingers or I ask let them do better I doubt they can or will especially from behind their computers.

for starters no every other hospital isnt doing a great job like i said earlier they are ALL struggling
im sure by now everyone has seen the videos coming out of queens hospital is that what is going on in NYU?  No but does that mean NYU isnt having problems sure they are.

Quote from: yochiek93
how many real cases went to court or some other kind of litigation

I'm sure you realize your average yid is not taking anyone court ...whether that's right or wrong is a whole different discussion

It seems like this is very personal to you and im sure everyone is trying there best but it would be to no ones benefit to cover up whats really going on

Offline Zevwolf

• View Profile

Offline LNS

• View Profile

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2020, 11:51:43 AM »
just heard another 1st hand crazy story about WMC,  Patient is BH here to tell the story.

Mark this: people unfortunately died from hunger, thirst, and that is pure neglect!

This guy begged for food, after waiting HOURS they finally came and said, sorry it’s not meal time now. So the guy is like give me a fruit or something, I’m sorry it’s not meal time now.........

I can imagine your response, and I know it’s easier to live in denial, facing the facts are very depressing.
first off I'm not living in denial I see first hand daily what's going on, unlike you. Second it takes more than 2 days to die of hunger and thirst especially when they have IVs and fluids.
The denial my friend is just this entitlement people have that they deserve to be treated as if they are the only ones in the hospital.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2020, 11:55:23 AM »
It seems like this is very personal to you and im sure everyone is trying there best but it would be to no ones benefit to cover up whats really going on
Im not covering anything up I offered to bring up stories to the powers that be if they are legit neglect so far I got zero PM's on it. All I hear is complaints from people that can't even verify what really is going on

Offline ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2020, 12:11:32 PM »
Second it takes more than 2 days to die of hunger and thirst especially when they have IVs and fluids.

I'm sorry but your response is just insane.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2020, 12:15:20 PM »
I'm sorry but your response is just insane.
don't pull one quote and misconstrue my point

I was just answering that this was an exaggeration.
And there could be various reasons for not allowing food example aspiration. do you know the reasoning no. Neither do I but I at least have some common sense to know they aren't just trying to be cruel
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 12:20:10 PM by yochiek93 »

Offline ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2020, 12:22:56 PM »
I was just answering that this was an exaggeration.
And there could be various reasons for not allowing food example aspiration.
You took a position, and can't back off.
There is a problem, admit it.
the amount of deaths it caused might be exaggerated, fine.
Hunger/undernourishing kills people, especially weak recovering patients. Directly or indirectly.

The denial my friend is just this entitlement people have that they deserve to be treated as if they are the only ones in the hospital.
Really?