Author Topic: COL video about Maimonidies, a must watch  (Read 25368 times)

Offline Yitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: COL video about Maimonidies, a must watch
« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2020, 08:43:23 AM »
https://matzav.com/watch-nyc-nurse-says-our-new-york-hospitals-are-killing-their-patients/

Doesn't identify which hospital in NY but i'm posting here because it's about abuse in a hospital in NY. (unfortunately similar things are probably going on in numerous hospitals).

Some pretty damning accusations.
I read the comments about your post. I did look at the video. It is very scary. My family member is in a Hospital and the info is very consistent with what is happening to this family member. She is 87 was frail to begin with could not feed herself, the easy way is a feeding tube. I know they are understaffed and all other issues. We requested to have a aid with her 24 hours and it was rejected. Getting a Nurse was a $100.00 a hour.

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2020, 09:47:54 AM »
Very consistent. Also fits with the 88% fatality rate of patients on vents in NYC
100%, but this video takes the tone that it's all being done with some sort of malicious intent; rather than the staff is trying their best while being shorthanded and overwhelmed, and with little consensus in the medical community about how to treat this disease.

It seems like the video is going for breathless sensationalism above all. 

Offline neveryou

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2020, 10:20:20 AM »
100%, but this video takes the tone that it's all being done with some sort of malicious intent; rather than the staff is trying their best while being shorthanded and overwhelmed, and with little consensus in the medical community about how to treat this disease.

When you say overwhelmed, what do you mean?  Bc the ship that was supposed to help the hospitals wasn't needed and left nyc

Offline Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2020, 10:26:00 AM »
When you say overwhelmed, what do you mean?  Bc the ship that was supposed to help the hospitals wasn't needed and left nyc
The Comfort wasn't for Covid-19 patients and wasn't meant to alleviate the workload of a Covid-19 ward.

Offline neveryou

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2020, 10:31:01 AM »
The Comfort wasn't for Covid-19 patients and wasn't meant to alleviate the workload of a Covid-19 ward.
Right it was so other patients would go to the ship freeing up the hospitals but the ship was barely used

Offline yochiek93

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2020, 10:39:27 AM »
it was needed, the criteria to get PT's on it was slim they weren't accepting PT's easily. IMHO the ship was there for show that the federal government "cares" but that's a different rabbit hole to go down.

Offline Yitz

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2020, 10:51:03 AM »

I cant find it right now. One of the Rubashkins was interviewed regarding the Fathers death. I think he is saying the same saying. That is not sensationalism.

Offline yossig

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2020, 10:56:14 AM »
AFAIK Javits center and USNS comfort were allowed to treat COVID 19 patients

Offline LNS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2020, 11:34:40 AM »
as much as the problem is the lack of space in the hospitals the bigger problem is the treatment if they aren't even bothering to try anything to help these people then ship or no ship makes no difference

just heard another story coming out of kimball in lakewood
also not known to be good on a good day
elderly women was admitted to a room and doctor came in with a body bag to keep handy in the room because "shes going to be leaving in one anyway"

Offline SwellCindy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2020, 11:57:54 AM »
it was needed, the criteria to get PT's on it was slim they weren't accepting PT's easily. IMHO the ship was there for show that the federal government "cares" but that's a different rabbit hole to go down.

I find this horrifying  :(

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2020, 12:22:24 PM »
I find this horrifying  :(
read the reports on nursing facilities trying to get COVID-19 PT's admitted or hospitals trying to send PT's there but for some reason or another they were denied "pt didn't meet criteria"
Besides both the comfort and javits center were not taking PT's directly from EMS it was strictly interfacility.

Offline neveryou

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2020, 03:04:31 PM »
The federal gov cared but there prediction was better than NY prediction, just look at the  ventilators, how many did Cuomo ask for? How many did he really need and use?

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2020, 06:27:52 PM »
The federal gov cared but there prediction was better than NY prediction, just look at the  ventilators, how many did Cuomo ask for? How many did he really need and use?
I'm not saying Cuomo did a good job, he made mistakes at every turn. I think there are flaws on every level but if the comfort and javits center took even half their capacity the amount of problems coming from the hospitals would be significantly less.

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2020, 01:49:36 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/tv/B_eqIx0Bnmr/?igshid=aj638o0fokmh
For those who have ig blocked.

sara.well If I can understand complicated pharmacokinetics, if I can titrate vasoactive drips, if I can crunch my hemodynamic numbers, and understand the complexities of managing comorbid patients, rest assured, I could have crushed it as a lawyer, as a financial analyst, as a CPA. I was drawn to medicine because I care. I wanted to fight disease side by side with people who are hurting. Here in medicine, where the Physicians are the coaches of this team, nurses are very much the players. There is no more immersive experience in the tragedies of others than being a Frontline bedside nurse. We care about our patients to the core of our being. We might look tough on the outside, & in our hustle to get all of our tasks completed, sometimes we look hardened. But rest assured we cry about your loved ones in the clean utility room, or in the bathroom at work, or in our car in the parking lot. Please be careful about where you choose to get your information. There will always be people who are clueless that will try to destroy our kindness & passion with toxic seeds of doubt. The suck down bruises on our faces from the goggles that we wear, the mask lines that we come home with, the deadly virus we continue to face to protect your loved ones, with minimal PPE, and non reassured protection, we are putting ourselves in the line of fire for you, for them. We don't need Applause, we don't need to be called Heroes. We deserve your benefit of the doubt. With hope and prayers for the recovery of all covid19 patients... I wish you the best. Stay safe & be kind. #nursescare #covidfighters #getmeppe#Nursesofinstagram #Nurseproud @scrubsmag@cherokeeuniforms @scrub_life_liz @laylathenurse

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2020, 07:00:32 AM »
For those who have ig blocked.

sara.well If I can understand complicated pharmacokinetics, if I can titrate vasoactive drips, if I can crunch my hemodynamic numbers, and understand the complexities of managing comorbid patients, rest assured, I could have crushed it as a lawyer, as a financial analyst, as a CPA. I was drawn to medicine because I care. I wanted to fight disease side by side with people who are hurting. Here in medicine, where the Physicians are the coaches of this team, nurses are very much the players. There is no more immersive experience in the tragedies of others than being a Frontline bedside nurse. We care about our patients to the core of our being. We might look tough on the outside, & in our hustle to get all of our tasks completed, sometimes we look hardened. But rest assured we cry about your loved ones in the clean utility room, or in the bathroom at work, or in our car in the parking lot. Please be careful about where you choose to get your information. There will always be people who are clueless that will try to destroy our kindness & passion with toxic seeds of doubt. The suck down bruises on our faces from the goggles that we wear, the mask lines that we come home with, the deadly virus we continue to face to protect your loved ones, with minimal PPE, and non reassured protection, we are putting ourselves in the line of fire for you, for them. We don't need Applause, we don't need to be called Heroes. We deserve your benefit of the doubt. With hope and prayers for the recovery of all covid19 patients... I wish you the best. Stay safe & be kind. #nursescare #covidfighters #getmeppe#Nursesofinstagram #Nurseproud @scrubsmag@cherokeeuniforms @scrub_life_liz @laylathenurse
there is more on the video, it's a response to that video that has been circulating from a nurse practitioner who is not on the front lines talking about NYC. This video and some others from nurses on the front lines should be watched.

Offline shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2020, 07:54:08 PM »
there is more on the video, it's a response to that video that has been circulating from a nurse practitioner who is not on the front lines talking about NYC. This video and some others from nurses on the front lines should be watched.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H2oFfM0_d5Y&t=17s

Offline yochiek93

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2020, 07:58:44 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H2oFfM0_d5Y&t=17s
yes that's another first hand account thanks for finding a link.