Author Topic: Halachik Status of Illegitimate Minyanim  (Read 16493 times)

Offline yungermanchik

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
Re: Halachik Status of Illegitimate Minyanim
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2020, 08:54:43 PM »
When You lose an argument...
You say Oh I just lost patience?
Your a total fraud
Let's try to keep the conversation to ideas and things
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline yossig

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2020, 10:44:36 PM »
Your a total fraud
Good point.
Why kill it at the end??

Offline Shkop

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2020, 12:49:52 AM »
But who would he be targeting  :-X
Well, now that you brought it up....my peeve was about the anger coming from types that go anywhere, even if it means missing minyan, but lets be honest. The reality is that nowadays one who regularly davens three times a day during the week with a minyan other than when flying out for non essential needs is much better than plenty of people who, while when in Yeshiva made minyan, once they settled down have slackened off.

If you are someone who does not make it regularly to minyan btzibur for Shachris or Mincha/Maariv during the week, you are kind of disingenuous. Shabbos and Yom Tov are not the only times one prays with a minyan, and most everyone knows someone like that. Yes agreed, it is a sakanah today. But you know that you wouldn't show up regularly even if it wasn't a sakanah, so lay off.
A democracy is a form of government, not an intrinsic truth

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2020, 12:55:49 AM »
Your a total fraud
Well, now that you brought it up....my peeve was about the anger coming from types that go anywhere, even if it means missing minyan, but lets be honest. The reality is that nowadays one who regularly davens three times a day during the week with a minyan other than when flying out for non essential needs is much better than plenty of people who, while when in Yeshiva made minyan, once they settled down have slackened off.

If you are someone who does not make it regularly to minyan btzibur for Shachris or Mincha/Maariv during the week, you are kind of disingenuous. Shabbos and Yom Tov are not the only times one prays with a minyan, and most everyone knows someone like that. Yes agreed, it is a sakanah today. But you know that you wouldn't show up regularly even if it wasn't a sakanah, so lay off.
OK, maybe it's the cabin fever, but I've had enough of this holier than thou attitude and negative energy.

Let's try a 1 week timeout for both of you. Feel free to come back in 7 days and try again without the condescension and without repeating the same point dozens of times in multiple threads like a broken record.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:01:52 AM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2020, 12:59:58 AM »
Well, now that you brought it up....
I know, you wouldn't emphasize on that otherwise..

Offline ari3

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2020, 01:15:05 AM »
OK, maybe it's the cabin fever, but I've had enough of this holier than thou attitude and negative energy.

Let's try a 1 week timeout for both of you. Feel free to come back in 7 days and try again without the condescension and without repeating the same point dozens of times in multiple threads like a broken record.
Thank you for stepping in.
Some of the threads have devolved from constructive and respectful discussion (and disagreement) of ideas and opinions to bickering and name calling.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 312
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2020, 01:17:29 AM »

It's amazing we need mommy to step in!  :-[
Don't try to be someone else , be who you are because everyone else is taken.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2020, 01:18:02 AM »
Thank you for stepping in.
Some of the threads have devolved from constructive and respectful discussion (and disagreement) of ideas and opinions to bickering and name calling.
Agreed. Going to have to pivot and hand out more suspensions to people who insist on turning healthy discussion and debate into personal vendettas and sinas chinam.

Even DDMS (moderated) comments and PMs have been getting nastier of late. I understand that people are on edge, but that doesn't mean you should take it out on others and put them down.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Shmobaum

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National EE, Hertz Presidential, Marriott Gold Elite, Daf Yomi Presidential Platinum Premier
« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2020, 01:49:58 AM »
Can we stop JUDGING JUDGING JUDGING ppl nonstop???
Enough. Everyone plz go home and to whatever the hell you feel is right. This whole argument of shuls is like חמץ שעבר עליו הפסח

Offline Vesko

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2020, 01:56:24 AM »
יה'ר שיהא חלקי אם מתים בדרך לעשות מצוה

If I have to die from this virus, I daven it should be from doing a mitzvah and not going to the liquor store or home depot. I also daven that I don't give it to anyone else. My personal mortality I can come to terms with (I currently don't have any dependants), but the concept of causing another's death or debilitation I can't.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2020, 01:59:13 AM »

If I have to die from this virus, I daven it should be from doing a mitzvah and not going to the liquor store or home depot. I also daven that I don't give it to anyone else. My personal mortality I can come to terms with (I currently don't have any dependants), but the concept of causing another's death or debilitation I can't.
The equation should be much simpler.
Stay home, don't die or cause death. Realize that very few things are truly essential and solutions can be found to have them brought to you. And thank G-d that this mageifa kills less than 10% of people instead of others that kill over 50%.
The end.

Offline Vesko

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2020, 02:18:42 AM »
The equation should be much simpler.
Stay home, don't die or cause death. Realize that very few things are truly essential and solutions can be found to have them brought to you. And thank G-d that this mageifa kills less than 10% of people instead of others that kill over 50%.
The end.

You realize there's a bit of cognitive dissonance inherent in saying that nobody should go outside, but then going on to advocate getting deliveries, which necessitates people going outside for you. Milk doesn't grow on grocery store shelves, and Amazon and supermarket packages don't grow on your doorsteps.

I'm not gonna pick apart the semantics, because we agree with each other. People should minimize their unprotected outside dealings with others in order to arrest viral spread as much as possible. That being said, having nobody go around outside is completely and utterly impossible under any circumstances. Therefore, one should daven that everyone should stay healthy, that the sick should be healed, that the mourners be comforted, and that he not be the cause of any harm to befall others. Realize, that even with all our efforts, that HKBH runs the world.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2020, 02:27:33 AM »
You realize there's a bit of cognitive dissonance inherent in saying that nobody should go outside, but then going on to advocate getting deliveries, which necessitates people going outside for you. Milk doesn't grow on grocery store shelves, and Amazon and supermarket packages don't grow on your doorsteps.

I'm not gonna pick apart the semantics, because we agree with each other. People should minimize their unprotected outside dealings with others in order to arrest viral spread as much as possible. That being said, having nobody go around outside is completely and utterly impossible under any circumstances. Therefore, one should daven that everyone should stay healthy, that the sick should be healed, that the mourners be comforted, and that he not be the cause of any harm to befall others. Realize, that even with all our efforts, that HKBH runs the world.
It's not my job or your job to worry about everyone. If someone has an essential job in a grocery store or delivering groceries or Amazon packages, that's their choice.

Saying you would rather die doing a mitzvah is absurd. The priority has to be to not die, not that if you die it should be doing a mitzvah.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2020, 06:34:52 AM »
I invite you all to this thread: https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=113857.0
Our name calling is Kool-Aid drinker, head buried in the sand, you need to get out more, you don't understand, bleeding heart liberal and the likes. No one dies or puts others in danger from our comments or actions. Having a place to vent in these trying times is a good thing.
You're so far up Trump's a** you can see Giuliani's feet.  HT Baruch

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2020, 07:00:23 AM »

Just curious if your religion has a concept of Pikuach nefesh. Mine does.