Author Topic: El al refund  (Read 1083 times)

Offline ztide

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
El al refund
« on: April 13, 2020, 02:02:07 PM »
So have a 4 tickets booked on elal
Obviously they r all cancelled but the ganavim there refuse to follow the law and refund passengers and have the gall to close their phone lines as if that will let them keep our money.
Any progress on this?
Just filed DOT complaint as that seems to have been working for other airlines...

Offline israshot

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Re: El al refund
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 02:59:59 PM »
Chargeback?

Offline bruce

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 04:27:57 PM »
I have same issue, although it was booked through chase points. Theyre saying that elal will refund the money/points but therell be a 260 penalty? is this true?

do chargebacka work? I have the same issue with air canada on a domestic flight

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 04:28:33 PM »
I have same issue, although it was booked through chase points. Theyre saying that elal will refund the money/points but therell be a 260 penalty? is this true?

A penalty for cancelled flight?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline ztide

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 06:19:42 PM »

Some I booked through chase points
The morons there wouldn’t refund me saying that the flight doesn’t show up as cancelled on their screen. I told them look it up on the elal website and they said the flight doesn’t show up.
I said that’s because the flight was cancelled and they said it shows up on their website as still flying
Went around in circles for way too long.
The Priceline ticket I booked said it was cancelled but they were instructed by elal not to refund.
I can chargeback the Priceline ticket but I don’t want a mess of chase points. If I charge that back not sure how it will work.

Offline ztide

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 06:21:58 PM »
Chargeback?
Also I charged back a Norwegian air flight (first chargeback I ever did). The person on the phone had no info other than what was posted on the website and said she didn’t have any supervisors or anyone to escalate. Basically she was an online narrarator

Offline ztide

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 06:22:44 PM »
A penalty for cancelled flight?
Yea they told me the flight wasn’t cancelled on their screen so there will be a massive fee to cancel.

Offline bruce

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 11:18:39 PM »
Some I booked through chase points
The morons there wouldn’t refund me saying that the flight doesn’t show up as cancelled on their screen. I told them look it up on the elal website and they said the flight doesn’t show up.
I said that’s because the flight was cancelled and they said it shows up on their website as still flying
Went around in circles for way too long.
The Priceline ticket I booked said it was cancelled but they were instructed by elal not to refund.
I can chargeback the Priceline ticket but I don’t want a mess of chase points. If I charge that back not sure how it will work.

Chase said I can call...do a chargeback for the dollar amount...and if I win the dispute they'll transfer that dollar amount into the original amount of points that I paid for the flight

Offline Yosel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 11:45:19 AM »
got an email on April 13 from gotogate.com that our ticket with El Al on April 12 TLV-JFK has not been canceled yet, when in fact they did not fly at all. and "i need to reply within 48 hours to confirm that i want to cancel the booking"  then the email goes on to say that "the booking needs to be canceled at least 5 days before the original departure date"
what to make of it?????

i did dispute the credit card.