Author Topic: Spirit offers me 5x what I paid - so I take it  (Read 1427 times)

Offline NTorch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
Spirit offers me 5x what I paid - so I take it
« on: April 17, 2020, 12:20:17 AM »
Back in January I booked my kids for return flight from ORD to LGA on Chol HaMoed so that they could stay with their cousins a little longer.

I followed the DD advice and booked the flight at the counter and it cost me $58 for four one way tickets back to NY (total. not per ticket).

So with Spirit cancelling all NY bound flights and with the website only offering to bank the travel funds, I contacted Spirit to try to get the $$ back and when I did they offered me a $50 per passenger travel credit.

BH the $58 is now $258, which is a little bit of good news and I suggest others try this as well.

Note - although the flight was announced as cancelled weeks earlier, I contacted Spirit the day the flight was supposed to depart.

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Re: Spirit offers me 5x what I paid - so I take it
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 01:16:51 AM »
Back in January I booked my kids for return flight from ORD to LGA on Chol HaMoed so that they could stay with their cousins a little longer.

I followed the DD advice and booked the flight at the counter and it cost me $58 for four one way tickets back to NY (total. not per ticket).

So with Spirit cancelling all NY bound flights and with the website only offering to bank the travel funds, I contacted Spirit to try to get the $$ back and when I did they offered me a $50 per passenger travel credit.

BH the $58 is now $258, which is a little bit of good news and I suggest others try this as well.

Note - although the flight was announced as cancelled weeks earlier, I contacted Spirit the day the flight was supposed to depart.
Nice return on your money, now lets see if you'll use it.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline NTorch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
Re: Spirit offers me 5x what I paid - so I take it
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 07:06:21 AM »
Nice return on your money, now lets see if you'll use it.

I had a very strong urge to just take the refund, but I could not pass this up.

I am hoping to use this for Sukkos iyh, if not then by next Pesach.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 09:49:49 AM by NTorch »