Author Topic: Dispute advice: best practices for winning this one?  (Read 608 times)

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
Dispute advice: best practices for winning this one?
« on: March 06, 2024, 03:40:11 PM »
I ordered my wife a pair of Uggs from an Israeli website in December. The package didn’t arrive until January. The site hadn’t wanted to take American credit cards, but I managed to sneak it through by using Apple Pay to pay with my Citi Prestige.

The package came, and various things about the product seemed suspicious. Long story short, I’m quite confident that they sold us counterfeit Uggs, while charging the full price of the real thing. Naturally, contacting them was a waste of time, so now I want to dispute the charge. However, I want to do it carefully and wisely - it’s already past 60 days, and even close to 90 days, since the original charge… I don’t want to run the risk that if I lose, it’ll be too late to open a new dispute. I want to dot all the Is and cross all the Ts so that IY”H I can win on the first try. I’ve heard from people that this kind of dispute can be tricky sometimes, for several reasons. One example is because technically they DID deliver something, just that thing happens to be counterfeit - and it can be hard to prove that that’s the case, since they have proof of delivery and whatnot.

Therefore I turn to you, O great and wise Hive Mind… can some of you please share some pointers on how to maximize my chances of success?  :)

Thanks!

Offline Triple Canopy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dispute advice: best practices for winning this one?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 04:23:33 PM »
Reach out to Uggs and see if they can validate based on pictures if it's real or not. Use that as part of your dispute

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 09:17:38 PM »
A few questions:

1. Isn’t there a dispute reason for not as described?
2. Isn’t Amex good at taking the consumers side in such disputes?
3. Don’t you get to follow up on the original dispute even after the merchant responds?
4. Is Amex really that strict with the 90-day thing?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline gmd

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 09:20:49 PM »
A few questions:

1. Isn’t there a dispute reason for not as described?
2. Isn’t Amex good at taking the consumers side in such disputes?
3. Don’t you get to follow up on the original dispute even after the merchant responds?

He paid with Citi Prestige

Offline justmeha

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 11:35:33 PM »
A few questions:
yes

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2024, 01:25:56 AM »
So for starters, what's the return policy from the stote you bought it from?
 Did you try returning it to them? It came over a month later, when I expected it to come much earlier and to boot they don't seem authentic. I had such a pair before this and they don't match up...

The package came, and various things about the product seemed suspicious. Long story short, I’m quite confident that they sold us counterfeit Uggs, while charging the full price of the real thing

You mentioned various things about the package seems suspicious.  Use that when filing your claim. You'll want every possible peice of info to be included and suggesting that you would even return it to the store if it was still feasible, but being outside the retunr window , as well as not being able to ship it back... pretty decent grounds for dispute.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501