Topic Wiki

When reporting a new offer please post here http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=49544.0

To take advantage of an Amex offer, first save the offer to your card, then do the spending. There are a few ways to save offers to your card; http://www.amexoffers.com/ has links to most of them. Depending on the offer and depending on your Amex card, it may be available via none, one or more than one of these methods:

americanexpress.com web site
Log into the americanexpress.com web site. If you get the new version of the site, scroll down to Amex Offers & Benefits at the bottom of the page. If you get the old version, click the Amex Offers For You tab. You can also see on this web site which offers you already saved (even if you saved them via a method other than this web site) and which offers you already redeemed. This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express.
The maximum number of offer that the site will show you is 100. If you already have 100 available offers, there may be other offers that they are prepared to show you, but are not showing you because you already have the maximum. To see additional offers, save one or more of your available offers and then refresh the list (F5 in most Windows browsers).

Saving an offer on AmericanExpress.com to one of your cards will automatically make it unavailable for the rest of your cards linked to the same login. The way to get around this is by opening all of your cards in separate tabs and then saving the offer in each.  **

**Sign into different tabs?!?
Sign onto your Amex account. card #1 is on the page.  scroll to offers. note a good one. 
Open  tab 2: amex.com (or with Chrome, right click on the first tab and choose Duplicate) > you are already logged in.> go to my accounts > click on card #2  on the top of the page. scroll to offers. check for same good offer. 
Open tab #3. repeat as for tab #2. Repeat as necessary.
THEN: on tab #1 - click 'save' .  Then on tab #2 click 'save' . Then on each tab.
If you so desire: check on each card's 'saved offers' to check that it's there.

This link should take you to the Amex old layout,
which is much easier to scroll down through all the offers.

Amex® Mobile app
This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express. The login is the same as for the americanexpress.com web site.

Dedicated web site for enrollment
Some Amex offers, most notably Small Business Saturday, but also NYC Restaurant Week, Home Depot, Amazon and DirecTV, offer a dedicated web site where you could enter your card information to enroll.

For Bluebird/Serve cards
Amex offers can be saved via the bluebird.com web site. Go to Plan & Manage > Amex Offers. Amex offers can also be saved via the Bluebird mobile app.

For cards not issued by American Express (such as Amex cards issued by Citi, USAA, PenFed, Bank of America, etc.)
Add offers to your card at this site: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html
You will be prompted for your name, card number and email address.
« Last edited by David R on January 23, 2020, 05:47:50 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Offers Discussion Thread  (Read 3510893 times)

Offline dpk4588

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Offers Discussion Thread
« Reply #10580 on: January 19, 2017, 04:55:47 PM »
Read the post guys. Theyr talking about Neiman Marcus offer
You beat me to my defense, but yes, refill and I were referring to the Neiman Marcus online offer not the Samsclub offer.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline refill

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10581 on: January 19, 2017, 05:45:43 PM »
I chatted with a rep online, and she told me that the AMEX credit had been authorized, but NM split it up when it posted for some reason. She said if the credit doesn't show up within 7-10 business days to contact them again.

Offline dpk4588

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #10582 on: January 19, 2017, 11:46:32 PM »
I chatted with a rep online, and she told me that the AMEX credit had been authorized, but NM split it up when it posted for some reason. She said if the credit doesn't show up within 7-10 business days to contact them again.
This has happened to me dozens of times, if the offer says one or more transactions it doesnt need to post as one $200+ transaction. It could be 200 $1 transactions (or with the AMEX Everyday 20 $10 transactions).
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline refill

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10583 on: January 20, 2017, 12:33:40 AM »
This has happened to me dozens of times, if the offer says one or more transactions it doesnt need to post as one $200+ transaction. It could be 200 $1 transactions (or with the AMEX Everyday 20 $10 transactions).

Thanks for the info!

I used all mine, but some might want to try the AS portal if they've still got them...

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2017/01/20/alaska-portal-one-day-sale/

Offline skinfarrock

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10584 on: January 20, 2017, 12:35:54 AM »
Thanks for the info!

I used all mine, but some might want to try the AS portal if they've still got them...

Will it pay out?

Offline refill

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10585 on: January 20, 2017, 12:47:12 AM »

Offline DaveInLA

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10586 on: January 20, 2017, 01:32:33 AM »
Will it pay out?

Hard to say, but Cartera portals have paid out recently. I bought a $500 NM e-GC on 12/24 when United portal had 18x, and it tracked a couple weeks ago.

I just purchased 2x $200 e-GC a few minutes ago. Oddly enough, even though the order went through on NM's website, I didn't get the congrats email from AMEX. When I checked my AMEX account, there's no pending charge for either purchase. I hope this is because the late hour and that it won't affect the tracking.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 01:35:39 AM by DaveInLA »

Offline Mplace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Kan tzivah
« Reply #10587 on: January 20, 2017, 03:27:43 AM »
is it my imagination or do we not get MR on amex offer spending ??
What's your plan for yud shvat?

Online aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10588 on: January 20, 2017, 08:19:46 AM »
Got all my sc credits besides 2 cards which were recently replaced, the offers offically transfered over to those replacement card but for some reason credit didnt post... anyone know if there is an issue with replacement cards? Thanks

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10589 on: January 20, 2017, 08:34:01 AM »
Got all my sc credits besides 2 cards which were recently replaced, the offers offically transfered over to those replacement card but for some reason credit didnt post... anyone know if there is an issue with replacement cards? Thanks
Haven't had a problem, it should show up in offers though.

Online aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #10590 on: January 20, 2017, 08:35:19 AM »
Haven't had a problem, it should show up in offers though.
It doesn't show up as redeemed, the rest do...
The only thing i can think of was bec these cards were replaced last week and the number has changed

Also never got email confirmation for those cards after using offer so thinking it didn't go through...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 08:53:47 AM by aryeh1 »

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #10591 on: January 20, 2017, 09:18:32 AM »
Thanks for the info!

And I just used then last night. Could have had a free trip... Oh well

Offline kerrbro

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10592 on: January 20, 2017, 03:57:01 PM »
Re the Verizon deal (25 off 100 up to 2x/card) - I've been using it for my FIOS bill. My contract is up in 12 months. I have enough cards / promotions for more credit than the remaining time on my contract.

Anybody have advice if it's a bad idea to pay up so much on FIOS that I'll still have credit when the contract is up?

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #10593 on: January 20, 2017, 04:18:25 PM »
Re the Verizon deal (25 off 100 up to 2x/card) - I've been using it for my FIOS bill. My contract is up in 12 months. I have enough cards / promotions for more credit than the remaining time on my contract.

Anybody have advice if it's a bad idea to pay up so much on FIOS that I'll still have credit when the contract is up?
Have you gotten credit? Because it didn't work for me.
IDK if it's a bad idea, but FIOS will not let you have a negative balance greater than $500 at a time.

Offline kerrbro

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10594 on: January 20, 2017, 04:24:43 PM »
Have you gotten credit? Because it didn't work for me.
IDK if it's a bad idea, but FIOS will not let you have a negative balance greater than $500 at a time.
I paid through the verizon.com website. The 1st credit came through. I did 4 more today. We'll see...

Offline DaveInLA

• View Profile
« Reply #10595 on: January 21, 2017, 08:11:30 PM »
I bought a lot of NM $200 e-GC starting 1/19 late night until early yesterday evening. None of the gift cards have shipped yet. Gift cards purchased on the afternoon of 1/19 came via email about 3-4 hrs later. Hopefully this is just a delay due to large volume.

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #10596 on: January 21, 2017, 08:13:40 PM »
I bought a lot of NM $200 e-GC starting 1/19 late night until early yesterday evening. None of the gift cards have shipped yet. Gift cards purchased on the afternoon of 1/19 came via email about 3-4 hrs later. Hopefully this is just a delay due to large volume.
What are you getting for them?

Offline DaveInLA

• View Profile
« Reply #10597 on: January 21, 2017, 08:43:45 PM »
What are you getting for them?

You mean how am I liquidating? I sold some on the various resellers but I'm in no rush to liquidate right now. Prices dropped, but they'll probably come up later or holiday season. But I have used a lot in the past to buy the occasional expensive item from the stores. Some NM stores sell LV purses, for example.

Offline Hamavin

• View Profile
« Reply #10598 on: January 21, 2017, 09:18:51 PM »
In same boat....Any way to see if they were canceled?

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #10599 on: January 21, 2017, 09:27:26 PM »
You mean how am I liquidating? I sold some on the various resellers but I'm in no rush to liquidate right now. Prices dropped, but they'll probably come up later or holiday season. But I have used a lot in the past to buy the occasional expensive item from the stores. Some NM stores sell LV purses, for example.
Very nice!