Topic Wiki

When reporting a new offer please post here http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=49544.0

To take advantage of an Amex offer, first save the offer to your card, then do the spending. There are a few ways to save offers to your card; http://www.amexoffers.com/ has links to most of them. Depending on the offer and depending on your Amex card, it may be available via none, one or more than one of these methods:

americanexpress.com web site
Log into the americanexpress.com web site. If you get the new version of the site, scroll down to Amex Offers & Benefits at the bottom of the page. If you get the old version, click the Amex Offers For You tab. You can also see on this web site which offers you already saved (even if you saved them via a method other than this web site) and which offers you already redeemed. This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express.
The maximum number of offer that the site will show you is 100. If you already have 100 available offers, there may be other offers that they are prepared to show you, but are not showing you because you already have the maximum. To see additional offers, save one or more of your available offers and then refresh the list (F5 in most Windows browsers).

Saving an offer on AmericanExpress.com to one of your cards will automatically make it unavailable for the rest of your cards linked to the same login. The way to get around this is by opening all of your cards in separate tabs and then saving the offer in each.  **

**Sign into different tabs?!?
Sign onto your Amex account. card #1 is on the page.  scroll to offers. note a good one. 
Open  tab 2: amex.com (or with Chrome, right click on the first tab and choose Duplicate) > you are already logged in.> go to my accounts > click on card #2  on the top of the page. scroll to offers. check for same good offer. 
Open tab #3. repeat as for tab #2. Repeat as necessary.
THEN: on tab #1 - click 'save' .  Then on tab #2 click 'save' . Then on each tab.
If you so desire: check on each card's 'saved offers' to check that it's there.

This link should take you to the Amex old layout,
which is much easier to scroll down through all the offers.

Amex® Mobile app
This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express. The login is the same as for the americanexpress.com web site.

Dedicated web site for enrollment
Some Amex offers, most notably Small Business Saturday, but also NYC Restaurant Week, Home Depot, Amazon and DirecTV, offer a dedicated web site where you could enter your card information to enroll.

For Bluebird/Serve cards
Amex offers can be saved via the bluebird.com web site. Go to Plan & Manage > Amex Offers. Amex offers can also be saved via the Bluebird mobile app.

For cards not issued by American Express (such as Amex cards issued by Citi, USAA, PenFed, Bank of America, etc.)
Add offers to your card at this site: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html
You will be prompted for your name, card number and email address.
« Last edited by David R on January 23, 2020, 05:47:50 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Offers Discussion Thread  (Read 3446648 times)

Offline dpk4588

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Offers Discussion Thread
« Reply #13680 on: July 19, 2018, 09:30:00 AM »
Physical work but good luck getting volume that way. Simpler to go in store
I've never had problems order physical GCs online. But I might not do what you call "volume."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline ben89

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #13681 on: July 19, 2018, 09:57:20 AM »
Physical work but good luck getting volume that way. Simpler to go in store
store limits are 2k now instead of 6k

Offline Iz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #13682 on: July 19, 2018, 09:58:39 AM »
and each card has a limit of $500; not sure if hard coded, though.

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13683 on: July 19, 2018, 09:58:42 AM »
It's always ymmv by store
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #13684 on: July 19, 2018, 09:59:09 AM »
It's always ymmv by store
Yes, but the policy changed.

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13685 on: July 19, 2018, 10:57:28 AM »
Yes, but the policy changed.
Unless it's hard coded in the system then it's always ymmv
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline 6girls

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13686 on: July 19, 2018, 11:09:10 AM »
Physical (plastic) GCs ordered online have worked in the past and it posted like it always does as Bestbuy. I haven't received the credit yet, but I expect it to post today.
My credits posted today for physical gcs

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #13687 on: July 20, 2018, 01:13:00 AM »
My credits posted today for physical gcs
same login??

Offline 6girls

• View Profile
« Reply #13688 on: July 20, 2018, 01:14:07 AM »

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #13689 on: July 23, 2018, 08:31:45 AM »
Qantas - Spend $1k Get back $200 - Exp 9/23/18
Found Blue Business Plus, Business SPG, Hilton HHonors, & PRG

Full terms:
Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid for purchases made directly with Qantas Airways only through US website qantas.com or US mobile app. Flights must originate in US and be charged in USD. Not valid for purchases by phone, at terminals, lounges, or on-board flights. Purchases such as additional baggage and seat selection fees are included if purchased with initial booking and appears on the same receipt as the flight. Excludes (i) all purchases with third parties, affiliates, partners, (ii) travel insurance, car rentals, hotels, airport transfers, tours, activities, (iii) gift vouchers, vacation purchases, merchandise, (iv) Bid Now Upgrades, The Qantas Club membership & lounge access fees, and purchase of Qantas Points. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit(s) per Card Member. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 9/23/2018, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: GBNV:000

Good for ELAL?

Offline rileywiles23

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13690 on: July 23, 2018, 08:39:37 AM »
Good for ELAL?
How did you mix up the word Qantas would ELAL ?
Life is as good as you make it...

Offline Geshmak25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #13691 on: July 23, 2018, 08:40:46 AM »
How did you mix up the word Qantas would ELAL ?
You can book ELAL flights on Qantas
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline dpk4588

• View Profile
« Reply #13692 on: July 23, 2018, 09:00:35 AM »
You can book ELAL flights on Qantas
But they don't seem bookable online, at least not cash tickets, which unless you can book award tickets and have to pay a crazy amount of taxes/fees/YQ makes this irrelevant.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline clockhand

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13693 on: July 23, 2018, 10:18:52 AM »

so what is the verdict on the new policy?

is it based on name (seems like middle initial doesn't matter so first and last name)?  or ssn? 
first and last name but slight variation of first name is also caught by amex?

Offline ben89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #13694 on: July 23, 2018, 10:25:45 AM »
so what is the verdict on the new policy?

is it based on name (seems like middle initial doesn't matter so first and last name)?  or ssn? 
first and last name but slight variation of first name is also caught by amex?
has to do with ssn. different first name on the card will not work

Offline clockhand

• View Profile
« Reply #13695 on: July 23, 2018, 11:31:28 AM »
has to do with ssn. different first name on the card will not work

I don't have SSNs with any of my AUs and offers all gone.... maybe amex back end system figured out and auto-added ssn? 

Offline yandmk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #13696 on: July 23, 2018, 11:43:18 AM »
Qantas - Spend $1k Get back $200 - Exp 9/23/18
Found Blue Business Plus, Business SPG, Hilton HHonors, & PRG

Full terms:
Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid for purchases made directly with Qantas Airways only through US website qantas.com or US mobile app. Flights must originate in US and be charged in USD. Not valid for purchases by phone, at terminals, lounges, or on-board flights. Purchases such as additional baggage and seat selection fees are included if purchased with initial booking and appears on the same receipt as the flight. Excludes (i) all purchases with third parties, affiliates, partners, (ii) travel insurance, car rentals, hotels, airport transfers, tours, activities, (iii) gift vouchers, vacation purchases, merchandise, (iv) Bid Now Upgrades, The Qantas Club membership & lounge access fees, and purchase of Qantas Points. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit(s) per Card Member. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 9/23/2018, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: GBNV:000
Does Amex ever have offers with airlines that aren't MR transfer partners? I don't remember any in the last couple of years. Perhaps a deal is coming? (הלוואי)

Offline dpk4588

• View Profile
« Reply #13697 on: July 23, 2018, 11:50:46 AM »
Does Amex ever have offers with airlines that aren't MR transfer partners? I don't remember any in the last couple of years. Perhaps a deal is coming? (הלוואי)
Yes.
-Albert Einstein

Offline clockhand

• View Profile
« Reply #13698 on: July 23, 2018, 03:00:01 PM »
I don't have SSNs with any of my AUs and offers all gone.... maybe amex back end system figured out and auto-added ssn?

Anybody has a data point of different names but same SSN and offer disappears? 

Not like Joseph Paul vs. Joe Paul.... amex may figure that out...
but
Joseph Paul vs. Adam Paul but same SSN?  offer still disappears?

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #13699 on: July 23, 2018, 03:17:11 PM »
Anybody has a data point of different names but same SSN and offer disappears? 

Not like Joseph Paul vs. Joe Paul.... amex may figure that out...
but
Joseph Paul vs. Adam Paul but same SSN?  offer still disappears?
I know it does with no social, and similar first names. I cant imagine same social doesn't trigger, but I don't have first hand experience.