Topic Wiki

When reporting a new offer please post here http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=49544.0

To take advantage of an Amex offer, first save the offer to your card, then do the spending. There are a few ways to save offers to your card; http://www.amexoffers.com/ has links to most of them. Depending on the offer and depending on your Amex card, it may be available via none, one or more than one of these methods:

americanexpress.com web site
Log into the americanexpress.com web site. If you get the new version of the site, scroll down to Amex Offers & Benefits at the bottom of the page. If you get the old version, click the Amex Offers For You tab. You can also see on this web site which offers you already saved (even if you saved them via a method other than this web site) and which offers you already redeemed. This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express.
The maximum number of offer that the site will show you is 100. If you already have 100 available offers, there may be other offers that they are prepared to show you, but are not showing you because you already have the maximum. To see additional offers, save one or more of your available offers and then refresh the list (F5 in most Windows browsers).

Saving an offer on AmericanExpress.com to one of your cards will automatically make it unavailable for the rest of your cards linked to the same login. The way to get around this is by opening all of your cards in separate tabs and then saving the offer in each.  **

**Sign into different tabs?!?
Sign onto your Amex account. card #1 is on the page.  scroll to offers. note a good one. 
Open  tab 2: amex.com (or with Chrome, right click on the first tab and choose Duplicate) > you are already logged in.> go to my accounts > click on card #2  on the top of the page. scroll to offers. check for same good offer. 
Open tab #3. repeat as for tab #2. Repeat as necessary.
THEN: on tab #1 - click 'save' .  Then on tab #2 click 'save' . Then on each tab.
If you so desire: check on each card's 'saved offers' to check that it's there.

This link should take you to the Amex old layout,
which is much easier to scroll down through all the offers.

Amex® Mobile app
This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express. The login is the same as for the americanexpress.com web site.

Dedicated web site for enrollment
Some Amex offers, most notably Small Business Saturday, but also NYC Restaurant Week, Home Depot, Amazon and DirecTV, offer a dedicated web site where you could enter your card information to enroll.

For Bluebird/Serve cards
Amex offers can be saved via the bluebird.com web site. Go to Plan & Manage > Amex Offers. Amex offers can also be saved via the Bluebird mobile app.

For cards not issued by American Express (such as Amex cards issued by Citi, USAA, PenFed, Bank of America, etc.)
Add offers to your card at this site: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html
You will be prompted for your name, card number and email address.
« Last edited by David R on January 23, 2020, 05:47:50 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Offers Discussion Thread  (Read 3430183 times)

Offline srap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Offers Discussion Thread
« Reply #14520 on: July 10, 2020, 02:17:45 PM »
any amex offers for insurance payments?
I would be interested in hearing the response re Amex, also. 
In the meantime, Chase is offering 5x points up to $2k on all Sapphire Preferred and Reserve FWIU.

Offline tzifanya54

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14521 on: July 12, 2020, 10:31:40 AM »
So Amex offers are based on purchase date and not posting date?
Made Lowes purchase 29th and temp charged posted. Settled charge posted 8/3 and I received 10% off today. IIRC this offer ended 7/31.
Always been charge date. You have until midnight PST to run the charge for Amex offers. I’ve done it several times with different offers. Exception to this rule seems to be on the recurring monthly credits were they will apply the credit for the month it posted in as opposed to the credit for the prior month.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #14522 on: July 12, 2020, 04:31:44 PM »
Always been charge date. You have until midnight PST to run the charge for Amex offers. I’ve done it several times with different offers. Exception to this rule seems to be on the recurring monthly credits were they will apply the credit for the month it posted in as opposed to the credit for the prior month.
Good to know.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline ari3

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14523 on: July 12, 2020, 11:20:32 PM »

In the meantime, Chase is offering 5x points up to $2k on all Sapphire Preferred and Reserve FWIU.
I thought that offer was targeted. Do you have info to the contrary?

Offline David R

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14524 on: July 13, 2020, 11:19:36 AM »
If you have a bluebird / serve , check the offers there as well
I appreciate the reminder, which could mean an additional $250 for me between all by cards. Usually, the Bluebird offers are useless, but the small business offer is indeed there. On that note, here is some more helpful info, some of which I posted in the past.
  • If your Bluebird was banned from being reloaded at Walmart, you may still be able to add funds using the methods they did not ban, such as depositing a check with the app.
  • If you have an Amex from Citi, USAA, Wells Fargo, etc., find the offer here: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html
    I was able to save the offer to two Citi Amex cards despite having it saved to an American Express issued card, so I will report back if the limit of one offer per social is true in this case. If you have more than one Amex issued by another bank, you will need to use another browser, go incognito or clear the cookie to get back the Add to Card button after you add it to the first card.

Offline yoyo6713

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14525 on: July 14, 2020, 07:14:51 PM »
does anyone know if one order with a pen and a laptop totaling over $600 but somehow showed as two charges of $598 and $40 = $638, trigger the dell $120 cashback with min $599 purchase?

Offline yoyo6713

• View Profile
« Reply #14526 on: July 14, 2020, 07:17:58 PM »
If you would buy a $2 item, would it post with two separate transactions or one big one and be eligible for $120?

I bought a pen and a laptop and showed as two charges.  I didn't get any AMEX emails saying you used amex offers. 

Online myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #14527 on: July 14, 2020, 09:09:37 PM »
I bought a pen and a laptop and showed as two charges.  I didn't get any AMEX emails saying you used amex offers.
Call Amex and tell them it was one big purchase.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline David R

• View Profile
« Reply #14528 on: July 16, 2020, 03:10:11 AM »
Get a $5 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $50 in one or more transactions in-store or online at select superstores by 10/15/2020. Limit of 2 statement credits (total of $10). See terms for exclusions.

Walmart & Target
Got it on Blue Cash Preferred, primary and one AU card.

Offline David R

• View Profile
« Reply #14529 on: July 16, 2020, 02:02:46 PM »
Get a $5 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $90+ in one or more transactions on your US cable or satellite TV bill made directly with the provider by 7/24/2020. Limit of 4 statement credits (total of $20).
DETAILS
Get a $5 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $90+ in one or more transactions on your US cable or satellite TV bill made directly with the provider by 7/24/2020. Limit of 4 statement credits (total of $20). See terms.

OFFER TERMS
Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only on US bill payments for cable and satellite television services made directly with the provider. Payments must be made directly with the provider online, via mobile app or by phone. Payments made at service centers do not qualify. Payments for hardware, installation, and other services are excluded, if not bundled and charged with monthly service bill. Excludes payments for satellite radio services and subscriptions with streaming television providers. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 4 statement credits (total of $20 back) per Card Member. The enrolled Card account must not be cancelled or past due to receive statement credits. Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 7/24/2020, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. Merchants are assigned codes based on what they primarily sell. Your transaction also will not qualify if the merchant’s code is not eligible. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: K0L2:0001

----------

If I pay $45 to each of two separate accounts, do I get the credit? The accounts are for cable service at different addresses. I assume the charges will look like they are coming from the same merchant, but in case they are not, does that make me ineligible?

Offline simplicity

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
« Reply #14530 on: July 16, 2020, 03:02:36 PM »
$90+ in one or more transactions , I would say yes

Online flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #14531 on: July 17, 2020, 02:45:50 PM »
Does Shop Small offer apply to authorized users? If so, how does one apply it to each card individually?

Offline David R

• View Profile
« Reply #14532 on: July 17, 2020, 05:57:42 PM »
Does Shop Small offer apply to authorized users? If so, how does one apply it to each card individually?
Log in as each user and save the offer. If authorized users do not have a login, create one.

Online Danlover111

• View Profile
« Reply #14533 on: July 18, 2020, 05:09:05 PM »
does anyone know if one order with a pen and a laptop totaling over $600 but somehow showed as two charges of $598 and $40 = $638, trigger the dell $120 cashback with min $599 purchase?
who said it has to be 1 purchase?

Offline Joeymc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #14534 on: July 22, 2020, 04:27:24 PM »
Any update?

I bought 2 items separately, one for 300 and the other a few days later was 350.

Amex sent me an email saying I used the offer when the second charge posted.

It took a few days but I just received the statement credit.
120 characters? Hmm, I wonder what I could write with 64 characters. Boy, it's gonna be hard to use up 15 characters. W-

Offline yoyo6713

• View Profile
« Reply #14535 on: July 25, 2020, 09:28:03 PM »
Any update?

I bought 2 items separately, one for 300 and the other a few days later was 350.

Amex sent me an email saying I used the offer when the second charge posted.

It took a few days but I just received the statement credit.

Good to know.  The laptop just shipped so charge posted.  Now waiting for the credit.  Will update.

Offline yoyo6713

• View Profile
« Reply #14536 on: July 30, 2020, 12:36:04 AM »
Good to know.  The laptop just shipped so charge posted.  Now waiting for the credit.  Will update.

120 credit posted.

Offline DaveInLA

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14537 on: August 20, 2020, 09:30:51 PM »
The local restaurants with AMEX offers (ex, 20% back at Jim’s Burgers) often also have Groupon deals for 20% off when using linked cards. This isn’t the same as buying a voucher from Groupon. Rather, I save the deal to my Groupon account and when I make a purchase using my linked card, the card is supposed to give me 20% off. I’ve never actually used the Groupon deals before but that’s how it’s supposed to work. Has anybody used the Groupon deal with an AMEX card that also has an offer for that same restaurant? Do the 20% deals stack?

Offline yungermanchik

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #14538 on: August 21, 2020, 03:58:54 PM »
20% back on Slice & Spice (up to $150) one time use only :(
Kosher pizza shop in Monsey (Chestnut Ridge)
@yitzyul Do they have gift certificates?
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline aryeh1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14539 on: August 22, 2020, 10:42:42 PM »
is shoprite offer working for anyone?
it doesnt let me add it, wondering if it reached the limit