Topic Wiki

When reporting a new offer please post here http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=49544.0

To take advantage of an Amex offer, first save the offer to your card, then do the spending. There are a few ways to save offers to your card; http://www.amexoffers.com/ has links to most of them. Depending on the offer and depending on your Amex card, it may be available via none, one or more than one of these methods:

americanexpress.com web site
Log into the americanexpress.com web site. If you get the new version of the site, scroll down to Amex Offers & Benefits at the bottom of the page. If you get the old version, click the Amex Offers For You tab. You can also see on this web site which offers you already saved (even if you saved them via a method other than this web site) and which offers you already redeemed. This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express.
The maximum number of offer that the site will show you is 100. If you already have 100 available offers, there may be other offers that they are prepared to show you, but are not showing you because you already have the maximum. To see additional offers, save one or more of your available offers and then refresh the list (F5 in most Windows browsers).

Saving an offer on AmericanExpress.com to one of your cards will automatically make it unavailable for the rest of your cards linked to the same login. The way to get around this is by opening all of your cards in separate tabs and then saving the offer in each.  **

**Sign into different tabs?!?
Sign onto your Amex account. card #1 is on the page.  scroll to offers. note a good one. 
Open  tab 2: amex.com (or with Chrome, right click on the first tab and choose Duplicate) > you are already logged in.> go to my accounts > click on card #2  on the top of the page. scroll to offers. check for same good offer. 
Open tab #3. repeat as for tab #2. Repeat as necessary.
THEN: on tab #1 - click 'save' .  Then on tab #2 click 'save' . Then on each tab.
If you so desire: check on each card's 'saved offers' to check that it's there.

This link should take you to the Amex old layout,
which is much easier to scroll down through all the offers.

Amex® Mobile app
This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express. The login is the same as for the americanexpress.com web site.

Dedicated web site for enrollment
Some Amex offers, most notably Small Business Saturday, but also NYC Restaurant Week, Home Depot, Amazon and DirecTV, offer a dedicated web site where you could enter your card information to enroll.

For Bluebird/Serve cards
Amex offers can be saved via the bluebird.com web site. Go to Plan & Manage > Amex Offers. Amex offers can also be saved via the Bluebird mobile app.

For cards not issued by American Express (such as Amex cards issued by Citi, USAA, PenFed, Bank of America, etc.)
Add offers to your card at this site: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html
You will be prompted for your name, card number and email address.
« Last edited by David R on January 23, 2020, 05:47:50 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Offers Discussion Thread  (Read 3512345 times)

Offline sm8542

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Offers Master Thread
« Reply #3640 on: January 11, 2015, 09:13:18 AM »
It may or may not say anything on the website . But it is true
wrong

Offline lunatic

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: January 11, 2015, 09:23:53 AM »
wrong

Well,  that is my experience. And I  have more than 1 login with more than 1 card

Offline Boruch999

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: January 11, 2015, 09:24:53 AM »
wrong

From the wiki:

Saving an offer on AmericanExpress.com to one of your cards will automatically make it unavailable for the rest of your cards. The way to get around this is by opening all of your cards in separate tabs and then saving the offer in each.  **

Offline lunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: January 11, 2015, 09:30:10 AM »
wrong

Also,  when you say "wrong" it is helpful to say why you believe so

Offline yitzyul

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: January 11, 2015, 10:22:14 AM »
+1
The expiration date is just a certain amount of time after the card opened...

I have numerous different credit cards, made an AU at the same time as the initial application or immediately afterwards and every single card has a different exp date, some by 2 years apart

Offline DealChaser

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3645 on: January 11, 2015, 10:58:50 AM »
From the wiki:
Saving an offer on AmericanExpress.com to one of your cards will automatically make it unavailable for the rest of your cards. The way to get around this is by opening all of your cards in separate tabs and then saving the offer in each.  **
I feel like I've been missing something and I haven't found the answer on DDF yet.

Whenever I get a new AU, I've chosen the option to "Create New Online Account" from amex.com while not logged in.  So to get offers on each AU I've always had to log in separately using the username and password associated with each AU.  This works, but I don't have the option described in the wiki to "go to my accounts > click on card #2".  There is only one card.  If I click on "My Cards(1)" I'm able to view all others on my account and there's an option to Add Card.  Ah, I thought, maybe that's where I should've been adding AUs all along.  But when I try to add a new AU there, I'm just sent to the page to create a new online account like I've always done.  Maybe if I had added the very first AU to the primary w/o creating a new online account I would see card #2 on the primary account as described on the wiki.

tl;dr, I'm successful at getting separate offers on each AU, but I don't have the option described in the wiki to open new tabs b/c there's only 1 card per primary account. I must be missing something.  Any ideas?

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: January 11, 2015, 11:08:37 AM »
I feel like I've been missing something and I haven't found the answer on DDF yet.

Whenever I get a new AU, I've chosen the option to "Create New Online Account" from amex.com while not logged in.  So to get offers on each AU I've always had to log in separately using the username and password associated with each AU.  This works, but I don't have the option described in the wiki to "go to my accounts > click on card #2".  There is only one card.  If I click on "My Cards(1)" I'm able to view all others on my account and there's an option to Add Card.  Ah, I thought, maybe that's where I should've been adding AUs all along.  But when I try to add a new AU there, I'm just sent to the page to create a new online account like I've always done.  Maybe if I had added the very first AU to the primary w/o creating a new online account I would see card #2 on the primary account as described on the wiki.

tl;dr, I'm successful at getting separate offers on each AU, but I don't have the option described in the wiki to open new tabs b/c there's only 1 card per primary account. I must be missing something.  Any ideas?
You only need to open in different tabs if they all belong to the same person but if it's someone else's card who is an AU they can have their own account and adding an offer to one account doesn't take it away from the other accounts under a different login
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline DealChaser

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: January 11, 2015, 11:37:39 AM »
You only need to open in different tabs if they all belong to the same person but if it's someone else's card who is an AU they can have their own account and adding an offer to one account doesn't take it away from the other accounts under a different login
Thanks, you just helped clear it up for me.  The case I mentioned above was an AU in my wife's name, so that's why amex made me create a separate account.  When the AU is my own name, I can add it to my primary account under My Cards, and then I'll be able to open tabs from the primary (I always thought opening tabs referred to opening new private windows b/c I only had 1 card per account).

Wish I'd realized this sooner - login mgmt is pretty simple in 1Password, but all the time to setup additional accounts when I only needed one for me and one for my wife (per amex card), instead of one per AU!  Ugh.  Now off to see if I can consolidate all the extra AU accounts I set up.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: January 11, 2015, 11:39:15 AM »
Thanks, you just helped clear it up for me.  The case I mentioned above was an AU in my wife's name, so that's why amex made me create a separate account.  When the AU is my own name, I can add it to my primary account under My Cards, and then I'll be able to open tabs from the primary (I always thought opening tabs referred to opening new private windows b/c I only had 1 card per account).

Wish I'd realized this sooner - login mgmt is pretty simple in 1Password, but all the time to setup additional accounts when I only needed one for me and one for my wife (per amex card), instead of one per AU!  Ugh.  Now off to see if I can consolidate all the extra AU accounts I set up.
I'm glad to be helpful

Offline bb1836

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 154
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: January 11, 2015, 01:58:19 PM »
I'm still lost. If I am the primary accnt holder and have my wife and a few siblings as AU, how do I get their own Amex offers?!?!
As @davidmal says: "Likes" feed the family

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: January 11, 2015, 02:00:34 PM »
I'm still lost. If I am the primary accnt holder and have my wife and a few siblings as AU, how do I get their own Amex offers?!?!
Create their own logins

Offline bb1836

• View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: January 11, 2015, 05:23:21 PM »
Create their own logins
but i don't have their SSN. and if i don't need them how i can i create their own logins!!!

Offline lunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: January 11, 2015, 05:24:21 PM »
but i don't have their SSN. and if i don't need them how i can i create their own logins!!!
I have done plenty

Offline bb1836

• View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: January 11, 2015, 05:24:53 PM »
I have done plenty
how many times can i ask the same question. HOW?

Offline lunatic

• View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: January 11, 2015, 05:27:05 PM »
how many times can i ask the same question. HOW?

Try calling them on the phone

Offline bb1836

• View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: January 11, 2015, 05:27:54 PM »
Try calling them on the phone
they asked me for SSN....

Offline Boruch999

• View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: January 11, 2015, 05:31:06 PM »
I was able to create a login via phone for an AU who has no SS#.  I just said so.

Offline lyla

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: January 11, 2015, 11:42:27 PM »
Has anybody actually received the $25 credit on the account yet (not talking about the automatic reply)?

Offline Thingywingy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: January 12, 2015, 12:12:17 AM »
I have a few of my own accounts under one login. For those cards I know to open multiple tabs before saving to each account.
I also have a second login for accounts I am a secondary on. Will saving the offer to the cards where I am the primary, make me lose the offers on my other set of cards that have a seperate login?
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline Hamavin

• View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: January 12, 2015, 12:14:56 AM »
Congrats on the big 2k!!!! I think thingy wingy deserves a round of applause for always finding great deals and always being available for the klal!!!!!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!