Topic Wiki

When reporting a new offer please post here http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=49544.0

To take advantage of an Amex offer, first save the offer to your card, then do the spending. There are a few ways to save offers to your card; http://www.amexoffers.com/ has links to most of them. Depending on the offer and depending on your Amex card, it may be available via none, one or more than one of these methods:

americanexpress.com web site
Log into the americanexpress.com web site. If you get the new version of the site, scroll down to Amex Offers & Benefits at the bottom of the page. If you get the old version, click the Amex Offers For You tab. You can also see on this web site which offers you already saved (even if you saved them via a method other than this web site) and which offers you already redeemed. This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express.
The maximum number of offer that the site will show you is 100. If you already have 100 available offers, there may be other offers that they are prepared to show you, but are not showing you because you already have the maximum. To see additional offers, save one or more of your available offers and then refresh the list (F5 in most Windows browsers).

Saving an offer on AmericanExpress.com to one of your cards will automatically make it unavailable for the rest of your cards linked to the same login. The way to get around this is by opening all of your cards in separate tabs and then saving the offer in each.  **

**Sign into different tabs?!?
Sign onto your Amex account. card #1 is on the page.  scroll to offers. note a good one. 
Open  tab 2: amex.com (or with Chrome, right click on the first tab and choose Duplicate) > you are already logged in.> go to my accounts > click on card #2  on the top of the page. scroll to offers. check for same good offer. 
Open tab #3. repeat as for tab #2. Repeat as necessary.
THEN: on tab #1 - click 'save' .  Then on tab #2 click 'save' . Then on each tab.
If you so desire: check on each card's 'saved offers' to check that it's there.

This link should take you to the Amex old layout,
which is much easier to scroll down through all the offers.

Amex® Mobile app
This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express. The login is the same as for the americanexpress.com web site.

Dedicated web site for enrollment
Some Amex offers, most notably Small Business Saturday, but also NYC Restaurant Week, Home Depot, Amazon and DirecTV, offer a dedicated web site where you could enter your card information to enroll.

For Bluebird/Serve cards
Amex offers can be saved via the bluebird.com web site. Go to Plan & Manage > Amex Offers. Amex offers can also be saved via the Bluebird mobile app.

For cards not issued by American Express (such as Amex cards issued by Citi, USAA, PenFed, Bank of America, etc.)
Add offers to your card at this site: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html
You will be prompted for your name, card number and email address.
« Last edited by David R on January 23, 2020, 05:47:50 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Offers Discussion Thread  (Read 3513125 times)

Offline dpk4588

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Offers Discussion Thread
« Reply #8000 on: June 01, 2016, 03:39:49 PM »
Careful with CTRL+F because most will type in 1500 which will result in 0 results. 1,500 is needed in order to show it.
If you CTRL+F and type "super" for supermarket, you should be fine (although I wouldn't know for sure because I didn't have it on any of my cards :().
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline Der Deutsche Jude

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA, CA, FAA, GA, NA, OA, WA
« Reply #8001 on: June 01, 2016, 06:32:47 PM »
If you CTRL+F and type "super" for supermarket, you should be fine (although I wouldn't know for sure because I didn't have it on any of my cards :().
You are correct

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: June 01, 2016, 09:04:29 PM »
darn i typed in groceries.... got to do it all again

Offline rr1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8003 on: June 02, 2016, 12:34:39 AM »
the picture on the side of the offer is of a shopping cart full of blue balls

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: June 02, 2016, 04:48:04 PM »

Careful with CTRL+F because most will type in 1500 which will result in 0 results. 1,500 is needed in order to show it.
or search for supermarket
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline ben89

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #8005 on: June 02, 2016, 04:58:00 PM »
How come on the mobile site less offers show up for me than on desktop or app? It's like only 15 offers when on desktop there's like 50

Offline dpk4588

• View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: June 02, 2016, 05:22:48 PM »
How come on the mobile site fewer offers show up for me than on desktop or app? It's like only 15 offers when on desktop there's like 50
FTFY
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline ben89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #8007 on: June 02, 2016, 06:52:16 PM »
FTFY
wow didn't know the comments were meant to be perfectly grammatical  :P ::)

Offline dpk4588

• View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: June 02, 2016, 07:00:56 PM »
wow didn't know the comments were meant to be perfectly grammatical  ::)
You're not the first person to have their grammar corrected here and I'm sure you won't be the last.
-Albert Einstein

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: June 02, 2016, 11:51:58 PM »
If we really want to get picky:
Why on the mobile site fewer offers show up for me than on desktop or app? It's like only 15 offers when on desktop there's like 50
I just Goggled it.  Apparently 'how come' has become acceptable, though informal.
So just ignore this post.
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline sag95

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8010 on: June 03, 2016, 01:41:03 AM »
If we really want to get picky:I just Googled it.  Apparently 'how come' has become acceptable, though informal.
So just ignore this post.
FTFY. That's if you really want to be picky. 😜

Offline GettingReady

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8011 on: June 03, 2016, 06:32:36 AM »
FTFY. That's if you really want to be picky. 😜

I don't post a lot but feel free to correct my grammar and punctuation any time! It's nice to get free tutoring.

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #8012 on: June 03, 2016, 09:00:18 AM »
I don't post a lot, but feel free to correct my grammar and punctuation any time! It's nice to get free tutoring.
Sure, FTFY :)
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #8013 on: June 03, 2016, 10:33:53 AM »
I have spend $100 at supermarkets get $15 back, not 1,500 MR. On many, many cards.

Offline Redbull3

• View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #8014 on: June 03, 2016, 10:46:52 AM »
Are any on a co-branded card?
Sorry no I spoke way too soon. I have it on 1 account, primary and all its AU, it's an ED. But not on blue sky or business accounts.

Offline meezewho1122

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8015 on: June 03, 2016, 02:46:16 PM »
Did someone get targeted for the Bloomingdale's offer?
If yes, to what cards, also au's?

Offline kayef

• View Profile
« Reply #8016 on: June 03, 2016, 02:51:34 PM »
Did someone get targeted for the Bloomingdale's offer?
If yes, to what cards, also au's?
I saw it on a few. I think Starwood. Primary and au's

Offline meezewho1122

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8017 on: June 03, 2016, 02:53:48 PM »
I saw it on a few. I think Starwood. Primary and au's
thanks

Offline satchel

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
2X Membership Rewards . . .at Amazon.com
« Reply #8018 on: June 04, 2016, 10:33:04 AM »
"2X Membership Rewards® points for qualifying purchases made using your enrolled Card at Amazon.com"

Got a new Amex EveryDay Preferred Card (got the 30,000 point offer) that needs to have $2000 spending - quick question?  The fine print is below, it has "corporate gift cards" - but nothing about personal ones.  You think if- in addition to my morning coffee (easy way to hit the 30 transactions needed to double the points) if I threw $2000 worth of Amex gift cards in I'd be able to get double on 2x points = 8000 points?

The fine print:
Terms
"Get 2X Membership Rewards® points" means you will receive one extra Membership Rewards point per dollar spent using your enrolled American Express® Card in accordance with the terms of this offer. These extra points are in addition to any points you would normally receive for purchases on your Card under the terms of your Card Member Agreement and the Membership Rewards program. Enrollment opens on 3/22/2016 and continues until 7/31/2016. Enrollment limited. Only U.S.-issued American Express Cards that are enrolled in the Membership Rewards program at the time of purchase are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express online account. Offer is non-transferable. Your enrollment does not extend to any other Cards that may be linked to your account (such as Additional Cards). Offer valid only for qualifying purchases made with the US Dollar at Amazon.com or smile.amazon.com using your enrolled American Express Card after enrollment and prior to 7/31/2016. Not valid at international or non-English versions of Amazon.com or websites affiliated with/linked to from Amazon.com. Purchases made through other merchants or third party sites, including those using “Check out by Amazon” or other Amazon payment methods do not qualify for this offer. Offer not valid for Shop with Points transactions, Amazon Fresh, Amazon Local, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Supply, Amazon Local Register, Amazon Coins, Kindle Direct Publishing, Corporate gift cards, Amazon Home Services, Amazon Currency Converter, or websites affiliated with/linked to from Amazon.com. See Amazon’s website for shipping policy. Amazon may not ship to all areas. Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction (for example, the purchase date for online orders may be the shipping date). If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the extra points. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the bonus points if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party. When we calculate the extra points benefit for Amex EveryDay® Card products, points awarded under this offer will not be included. Extra points may be reversed if a qualifying purchase is returned or cancelled. Extra points will be credited to your Membership Rewards program account within 90 days after 7/31/2016. Terms and conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. To learn more, go to www.membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo. Amazon, Amazon.com, Amazon Prime, the Amazon.com logo, and the smile logo are registered trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion.

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8019 on: June 04, 2016, 10:16:34 PM »
your question is not clear, where are you getting amex gift cards from? amazon? i don't see them for sale.