Topic Wiki

When reporting a new offer please post here http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=49544.0

To take advantage of an Amex offer, first save the offer to your card, then do the spending. There are a few ways to save offers to your card; http://www.amexoffers.com/ has links to most of them. Depending on the offer and depending on your Amex card, it may be available via none, one or more than one of these methods:

americanexpress.com web site
Log into the americanexpress.com web site. If you get the new version of the site, scroll down to Amex Offers & Benefits at the bottom of the page. If you get the old version, click the Amex Offers For You tab. You can also see on this web site which offers you already saved (even if you saved them via a method other than this web site) and which offers you already redeemed. This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express.
The maximum number of offer that the site will show you is 100. If you already have 100 available offers, there may be other offers that they are prepared to show you, but are not showing you because you already have the maximum. To see additional offers, save one or more of your available offers and then refresh the list (F5 in most Windows browsers).

Saving an offer on AmericanExpress.com to one of your cards will automatically make it unavailable for the rest of your cards linked to the same login. The way to get around this is by opening all of your cards in separate tabs and then saving the offer in each.  **

**Sign into different tabs?!?
Sign onto your Amex account. card #1 is on the page.  scroll to offers. note a good one. 
Open  tab 2: amex.com (or with Chrome, right click on the first tab and choose Duplicate) > you are already logged in.> go to my accounts > click on card #2  on the top of the page. scroll to offers. check for same good offer. 
Open tab #3. repeat as for tab #2. Repeat as necessary.
THEN: on tab #1 - click 'save' .  Then on tab #2 click 'save' . Then on each tab.
If you so desire: check on each card's 'saved offers' to check that it's there.

This link should take you to the Amex old layout,
which is much easier to scroll down through all the offers.

Amex® Mobile app
This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express. The login is the same as for the americanexpress.com web site.

Dedicated web site for enrollment
Some Amex offers, most notably Small Business Saturday, but also NYC Restaurant Week, Home Depot, Amazon and DirecTV, offer a dedicated web site where you could enter your card information to enroll.

For Bluebird/Serve cards
Amex offers can be saved via the bluebird.com web site. Go to Plan & Manage > Amex Offers. Amex offers can also be saved via the Bluebird mobile app.

For cards not issued by American Express (such as Amex cards issued by Citi, USAA, PenFed, Bank of America, etc.)
Add offers to your card at this site: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html
You will be prompted for your name, card number and email address.
« Last edited by David R on January 23, 2020, 05:47:50 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Offers Discussion Thread  (Read 3482571 times)

Offline Geshmak25

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Offers Master Thread
« Reply #5480 on: July 13, 2015, 10:37:03 AM »
This at only $695 (or PHL-TLV at $574)

That is not a hotel booking
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline SearchGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: July 13, 2015, 10:39:44 AM »
That is not a hotel booking
Oops like you're right, it's for hotel booking

Offline DaveInLA

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: July 13, 2015, 02:19:24 PM »
What happens when I get the AMEX alert that the offer went through, then a refund is processed? I bought a $50 Samsclub gift card a few weeks ago but the processing took longer than I thought and it finally arrived when I was out of town. The item was returned Samsclub and so they just refunded me the money to my
AMEX cards. I assume the AMEX credits will be taken back now. Can I use those same cards again for the Samsclub statement credit?

Offline Jm1248

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: July 13, 2015, 02:21:54 PM »
What happens when I get the AMEX alert that the offer went through, then a refund is processed? I bought a $50 Samsclub gift card a few weeks ago but the processing took longer than I thought and it finally arrived when I was out of town. The item was returned Samsclub and so they just refunded me the money to my
AMEX cards. I assume the AMEX credits will be taken back now. Can I use those same cards again for the Samsclub statement credit?
Yes

Offline DaveInLA

• View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: July 13, 2015, 03:14:33 PM »
Yes

OK, I'll try those cards again. But I assume I won't get the alert the 2nd time?

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: July 13, 2015, 03:19:36 PM »
OK, I'll try those cards again. But I assume I won't get the alert the 2nd time?
Iirc you won't get alert. Not positive. If you don't receive credit chat with Amex

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: July 13, 2015, 06:55:57 PM »
To get the most offers is it best to register 1) one card per User ID, 2) card plus its multiple AUs on one User ID or 3) multiple cards, but only one of each type of card per User ID?

Offline danR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: July 13, 2015, 07:03:47 PM »
Just got this

$50 back   SAVE ON YOUR AIR TRAVEL PURCHASETRAVEL//Spend $300 or more, get $50 back
EXPIRES09/15/2015Use shift enter key to know more about this offer   
Save OfferUse shift enter key to save this offer
OFFER DETAILS
Get a one-time $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $300 or more on purchases made directly with any airline by 9/15/15. See terms and conditions for details and exclusions.
TERMS
Offer valid only to eligible US Card Members for purchases made directly with passenger airlines. The following do not count as qualifying purchases and are excluded from the offer: (i) Charter flights and private jet flights; (ii) any flight purchased as part of a vacation package or through a third party (including agents for travel suppliers); (iii) Sky Mall purchases and (iv) Boingo wireless internet purchases. When you make a qualifying purchase in a foreign currency, the applicable statement credit will be credited in your local currency using the exchange rate at the date the statement credit is applied. Enrollment limited. Offer is non-transferable. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible for this offer. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 9/15/2015, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: BU98:0001

Offline ah

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: July 13, 2015, 07:09:24 PM »
Just got this

$50 back   SAVE ON YOUR AIR TRAVEL PURCHASETRAVEL//Spend $300 or more, get $50 back
EXPIRES09/15/2015Use shift enter key to know more about this offer   
Save OfferUse shift enter key to save this offer
OFFER DETAILS
Get a one-time $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $300 or more on purchases made directly with any airline by 9/15/15. See terms and conditions for details and exclusions.
TERMS
Offer valid only to eligible US Card Members for purchases made directly with passenger airlines. The following do not count as qualifying purchases and are excluded from the offer: (i) Charter flights and private jet flights; (ii) any flight purchased as part of a vacation package or through a third party (including agents for travel suppliers); (iii) Sky Mall purchases and (iv) Boingo wireless internet purchases. When you make a qualifying purchase in a foreign currency, the applicable statement credit will be credited in your local currency using the exchange rate at the date the statement credit is applied. Enrollment limited. Offer is non-transferable. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible for this offer. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 9/15/2015, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: BU98:0001
What card?

Offline danR

• View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: July 13, 2015, 07:15:52 PM »
I was 2/20 on the 50 airline credit

I got it on Blue Cash (primary) and SPG (my wife's AU card)

Offline danR

• View Profile
« Reply #5490 on: July 13, 2015, 07:16:55 PM »
I also just got email confirmation for this offer

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: July 13, 2015, 07:36:37 PM »
Is this an answer to my question ^^^^^? 

Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account

So if the primary and three AU cards are on one User ID, only one card will be eligible?
If the primary is on one User ID and the three AUs are on separate User IDs, are all four eligible (if targeted)?

Offline ah

• View Profile
« Reply #5492 on: July 13, 2015, 07:54:20 PM »
Just realized you are all writing $50 airline credit, mine are $75 back for $300 (and only came up on AUs for SPG personal)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5493 on: July 13, 2015, 07:56:23 PM »
I was 2/20 on the 50 airline credit

I got it on Blue Cash (primary) and SPG (my wife's AU card)

Just realized you are all writing $50 airline credit, mine are $75 back for $300 (and only came up on AUs for SPG personal)
AKA, read DDMS
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ah

• View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: July 13, 2015, 07:57:14 PM »
AKA, read DDMS
too cluttered these days  :P

Offline SearchGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: July 13, 2015, 08:40:24 PM »
too cluttered these days  :P
and what about ddf?

Offline incendia

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: July 13, 2015, 09:39:50 PM »
http://www.nycgo.com/restaurant-week?ET_CID=email_srw15_reservations_open_071315&ET_RID=7246304

NYC restaurant week 5\25

Does anyone know if any kosher restaurants are participating?
Edit
Or if any of the nonkosher restaurants has a separate bar that would qualify?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:43:02 PM by incendia »

Offline DaveInLA

• View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: July 13, 2015, 11:12:35 PM »
I signed up 12 of my AMEX cards for the Sams Club offer when it came out. Since then, I made 1 order online that had to be returned. I'm not a member and didn't sign up for membership. I live in CA so the 10% non-member fee was waived. I just went online again to make more purchases (gift cards), but apparently my trial membership expired and I need to pay $45 for membership to make any purchases. What's the best thing I can do now to get this offer on my 12 AMEX cards? I can create a new Sams Club account, but I suspect that'll work for just 1 or 2 purchases before I run into a problem. Should I just bite the bullet and pay $45 for membership?

Offline sm8542

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: July 13, 2015, 11:14:53 PM »
but I suspect that'll work for just 1 or 2 purchases before I run into a problem.

Why?

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: July 13, 2015, 11:29:59 PM »
I signed up 12 of my AMEX cards for the Sams Club offer when it came out. Since then, I made 1 order online that had to be returned. I'm not a member and didn't sign up for membership. I live in CA so the 10% non-member fee was waived. I just went online again to make more purchases (gift cards), but apparently my trial membership expired and I need to pay $45 for membership to make any purchases. What's the best thing I can do now to get this offer on my 12 AMEX cards? I can create a new Sams Club account, but I suspect that'll work for just 1 or 2 purchases before I run into a problem. Should I just bite the bullet and pay $45 for membership?
Just remove the membership from your cart
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.