Topic Wiki

When reporting a new offer please post here http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=49544.0

To take advantage of an Amex offer, first save the offer to your card, then do the spending. There are a few ways to save offers to your card; http://www.amexoffers.com/ has links to most of them. Depending on the offer and depending on your Amex card, it may be available via none, one or more than one of these methods:

americanexpress.com web site
Log into the americanexpress.com web site. If you get the new version of the site, scroll down to Amex Offers & Benefits at the bottom of the page. If you get the old version, click the Amex Offers For You tab. You can also see on this web site which offers you already saved (even if you saved them via a method other than this web site) and which offers you already redeemed. This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express.
The maximum number of offer that the site will show you is 100. If you already have 100 available offers, there may be other offers that they are prepared to show you, but are not showing you because you already have the maximum. To see additional offers, save one or more of your available offers and then refresh the list (F5 in most Windows browsers).

Saving an offer on AmericanExpress.com to one of your cards will automatically make it unavailable for the rest of your cards linked to the same login. The way to get around this is by opening all of your cards in separate tabs and then saving the offer in each.  **

**Sign into different tabs?!?
Sign onto your Amex account. card #1 is on the page.  scroll to offers. note a good one. 
Open  tab 2: amex.com (or with Chrome, right click on the first tab and choose Duplicate) > you are already logged in.> go to my accounts > click on card #2  on the top of the page. scroll to offers. check for same good offer. 
Open tab #3. repeat as for tab #2. Repeat as necessary.
THEN: on tab #1 - click 'save' .  Then on tab #2 click 'save' . Then on each tab.
If you so desire: check on each card's 'saved offers' to check that it's there.

This link should take you to the Amex old layout,
which is much easier to scroll down through all the offers.

Amex® Mobile app
This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express. The login is the same as for the americanexpress.com web site.

Dedicated web site for enrollment
Some Amex offers, most notably Small Business Saturday, but also NYC Restaurant Week, Home Depot, Amazon and DirecTV, offer a dedicated web site where you could enter your card information to enroll.

For Bluebird/Serve cards
Amex offers can be saved via the bluebird.com web site. Go to Plan & Manage > Amex Offers. Amex offers can also be saved via the Bluebird mobile app.

For cards not issued by American Express (such as Amex cards issued by Citi, USAA, PenFed, Bank of America, etc.)
Add offers to your card at this site: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html
You will be prompted for your name, card number and email address.
« Last edited by David R on January 23, 2020, 05:47:50 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Offers Discussion Thread  (Read 3446447 times)

Offline Red

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
I gotta say at least vente-privee has good cs. On one of my purchases i noticed after the payment went through that the price was a little bit higher than what it said at checkout, however i didn't care to contact them about it since it was all free anyway. I got an email today apologizing for the $0.55 overcharge, and a credit will be applied to my credit card for that plus a $6 credit in my account to cover free shipping on my next purchase.
Nice of them, although i'm not sure there is going to be another purchase unless this AU thing gets worked out. (I'm still waiting for a reply from SM for one of my cards.)

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
I gotta say at least vente-privee has good cs. On one of my purchases i noticed after the payment went through that the price was a little bit higher than what it said at checkout, however i didn't care to contact them about it since it was all free anyway. I got an email today apologizing for the $0.55 overcharge, and a credit will be applied to my credit card for that plus a $6 credit in my account to cover free shipping on my next purchase.

It got even better for you. What item was it?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
Purchase anything on vente-privee get a $20 Amex Statement credit= free stuff!!!
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2011, 01:11:22 PM »
Thy originally overcharged me on an item too when I switched the mailing address from ny to nj but I just emptied the cart and redid it and it corrected itself

Offline Jkhein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
When you guys get the SM response, post em please.
This VP are bombarding with emails every few days...

Offline Red

• View Profile
It got even better for you. What item was it?
I don't remember what it was exactly. Something from the baby stuff, I sent it to my sis who just had a baby.

Online gozalim

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Anyone try buisness credit cards?

Offline HSS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, BMI Silver, Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Anyone try buisness credit cards?

I used SPG Business Card and got the $20 cedit automatically on primary but not on any of the AU's, just like my other cards...

HSS

Offline iattia

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
sorry in advance if this was already, but i didn't see it.

Does anyone know if card such as macy's Amex, or Citi Amex are eligable?

Thanks!

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
sorry in advance if this was already, but i didn't see it.

Does anyone know if card such as macy's Amex, or Citi Amex are eligable?

Thanks!
Amex is Amex
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Amex is Amex
Wrong.
Citi AMEX is eligible, Macy's is not per the Ts and Cs.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Citi AMEX is eligible, Macy's is not per the Ts and Cs.

Do you think that's because Amex doesn't want to look like they're 'competing' with Macy's?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline S G

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
I used SPG Business Card and got the $20 cedit automatically on primary but not on any of the AU's, just like my other cards...

HSS

I used SPG consumer and received $20 credit. But didn't received it on AU.

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Can you refer yourself if you have other amex accounts and get the $20 credit as well or does it only work when referring other names?
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline Spiffster

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Do you think that's because Amex doesn't want to look like they're 'competing' with Macy's?

Could be.  It explicitly says Department Store National Bank but that's really just Macy's "private" bank/credit card subsidiary...

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It explicitly says Department Store National Bank but that's really just Macy's "private" bank/credit card subsidiary...

What does that indicate?

Offline Spiffster

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
You asked, "Do you think..."

I answered, "Could be..."

Ummm, can't really expand on it anymore since I don't work for either or have a mole at either but in the interest of bumping my post count...  :)

IMO, It indicates that Amex probably doesn't want to enable Macy's shoppers/cardholders to get a freebie since Amex is only collecting merchant fees on those accounts, i.e., low margin but pretty steady volume.  They have no upside to getting the late fees, etc... (i.e., high margin) and so don't really care about the people holding those cards as much as they do their "real" accounts.  Doesn't explain why they let Citi (and BoA, etc...?) cards work but maybe it's because Citi, et al are "real" banks/issuers and they don't want to start a p1551ng match with them...

Online gozalim

• View Profile

HSS
thanks.

I used a BofA Amex and haven't seen the credit yet (almost a week) do i need to call someone? VP? BofA?

Offline HSS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, BMI Silver, Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Citi AMEX is eligible

I used both my BofA branded AMEX and my Citi AAdvantage AMEX and have not yet received the $20 credit like I did on the primary cards on my SPG, Gold and Plat AMEX cards.

Has anyone received the $20 credit on a Citi or BofA AMEX yet??

HSS

Offline puddles

• View Profile
I sent a SM to social media at Amex and this was the response.

Good afternoon XXXXXXXXX

As long as you registered for the program with her card information and made a qualifying purchase, she should be eligible for the Ventee-Prive $20 credit. Normally statement credit will be issued approximately 6-8 weeks after the qualifying purchase is charged to the Card account. If after that timeframe has passed and she did not get the $20 credit, please contact me via Secure Message and I will be more than happy to look into this for you.

I thank you in advance for your patience. If you have any other questions do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Have a great day!
Sincerely,

Rachel Toledo
Social Media Response Team