Topic Wiki

When reporting a new offer please post here http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=49544.0

To take advantage of an Amex offer, first save the offer to your card, then do the spending. There are a few ways to save offers to your card; http://www.amexoffers.com/ has links to most of them. Depending on the offer and depending on your Amex card, it may be available via none, one or more than one of these methods:

americanexpress.com web site
Log into the americanexpress.com web site. If you get the new version of the site, scroll down to Amex Offers & Benefits at the bottom of the page. If you get the old version, click the Amex Offers For You tab. You can also see on this web site which offers you already saved (even if you saved them via a method other than this web site) and which offers you already redeemed. This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express.
The maximum number of offer that the site will show you is 100. If you already have 100 available offers, there may be other offers that they are prepared to show you, but are not showing you because you already have the maximum. To see additional offers, save one or more of your available offers and then refresh the list (F5 in most Windows browsers).

Saving an offer on AmericanExpress.com to one of your cards will automatically make it unavailable for the rest of your cards linked to the same login. The way to get around this is by opening all of your cards in separate tabs and then saving the offer in each.  **

**Sign into different tabs?!?
Sign onto your Amex account. card #1 is on the page.  scroll to offers. note a good one. 
Open  tab 2: amex.com (or with Chrome, right click on the first tab and choose Duplicate) > you are already logged in.> go to my accounts > click on card #2  on the top of the page. scroll to offers. check for same good offer. 
Open tab #3. repeat as for tab #2. Repeat as necessary.
THEN: on tab #1 - click 'save' .  Then on tab #2 click 'save' . Then on each tab.
If you so desire: check on each card's 'saved offers' to check that it's there.

This link should take you to the Amex old layout,
which is much easier to scroll down through all the offers.

Amex® Mobile app
This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express. The login is the same as for the americanexpress.com web site.

Dedicated web site for enrollment
Some Amex offers, most notably Small Business Saturday, but also NYC Restaurant Week, Home Depot, Amazon and DirecTV, offer a dedicated web site where you could enter your card information to enroll.

For Bluebird/Serve cards
Amex offers can be saved via the bluebird.com web site. Go to Plan & Manage > Amex Offers. Amex offers can also be saved via the Bluebird mobile app.

For cards not issued by American Express (such as Amex cards issued by Citi, USAA, PenFed, Bank of America, etc.)
Add offers to your card at this site: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html
You will be prompted for your name, card number and email address.
« Last edited by David R on January 23, 2020, 05:47:50 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Offers Discussion Thread  (Read 3447059 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Good.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I sent a SM to social media at Amex and this was the response.

Good afternoon XXXXXXXXX

As long as you registered for the program with her card information and made a qualifying purchase, she should be eligible for the Ventee-Prive $20 credit. Normally statement credit will be issued approximately 6-8 weeks after the qualifying purchase is charged to the Card account. If after that timeframe has passed and she did not get the $20 credit, please contact me via Secure Message and I will be more than happy to look into this for you.

I thank you in advance for your patience. If you have any other questions do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Have a great day!
Sincerely,

Rachel Toledo
Social Media Response Team
hehe same CSR just responded to my SM as well :P

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
hehe same CSR just responded to my SM as well :P

Identical response?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Identical response?
Almost:
Quote from: Rachel Toledo, AMEX CSR
Good afternoon bahayman,

Each card should be eligible, as long as they enroll separately and make an eligible transaction they should be eligible for the Ventee-Prive $20 credit. Normally statement credit will be issued approximately 6-8 weeks after the qualifying purchase is charged to your Card account. If after that timeframe has passed and you are not issued credit, please contact me via Secure Message and I will be more than happy to look into this for you.

I thank you in advance for your patience. If you have any other questions do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Have a great day!
Sincerely,

Rachel Toledo

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
Spoke at length w/ a AMEX manager. We reviewed the T/C's posted on the VP site, Amex network and the T'C's they see on their end and she agreed their is no exclusions for AU's.

I asked here why one AU got an instant credit and another didn't yet, she said it can take 6-8 weeks and it's just a fluke. I asked her - should I hold off from using my 10 cards remaining and she said there is no reason to.

She noted the account and said as long as each cardmember created an account, there should be any issue.

Might be a little hassle compared to SBS, but Amex is pretty good with these types of things.

Online Jkhein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Might be a little hassle compared to SBS, but Amex is pretty good with these types of things.

How would you know,  I doubt your SBS statement credit posted yet, although I agree, there shouldn't be a prob.

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
I sent a SM to social media at Amex and this was the response.

Good afternoon XXXXXXXXX

As long as you registered for the program with her card information and made a qualifying purchase, she should be eligible for the Ventee-Prive $20 credit. Normally statement credit will be issued approximately 6-8 weeks after the qualifying purchase is charged to the Card account. If after that timeframe has passed and she did not get the $20 credit, please contact me via Secure Message and I will be more than happy to look into this for you.

Have a great day!
Sincerely,

Rachel Toledo
Almost:
Was the SM about AU's?
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Was the SM about AU's?
How else can you read that response?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
How else can you read that response?
The response to puddles could be to a question whether it's ok to use someone else's cc on one's VP account.
The response to BAHayman could be to a question whether you can use more than one card in the event that you have more than one Amex account.
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline puddles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
as was mine.
I explained how I already received the credit for my (the main card) however the AU on my account (the "her" in the CSR response) had not received her credit.

Offline YudiG

• View Profile

How would you know,  I doubt your SBS statement credit posted yet, although I agree, there shouldn't be a prob.

at least w/ SBS, they sent out confirmation emails after the purchases were made

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Update: I SM'd BofA and they told me that the credit already happened yesterday and i would see it on my next statement. I saw it online today.

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
Talk about CS....tried multiple times on the VP site an hour ago and none of my amex cards were working...I called VP and a CSR said it was a temp. glitch w/ all amex cards and that he would call me back as soon as it was fixed...

Well, I checked the site about 20 minutes later and it was fixed...as I finished my order he called to let me know...VP seems like they know what they are doing!

I also learned how to pronounce it..it's - von-pri-veh :)

Offline Red

• View Profile
I was wondering how it was pronounced.  :D

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Talk about CS....tried multiple times on the VP site an hour ago and none of my amex cards were working...I called VP and a CSR said it was a temp. glitch w/ all amex cards and that he would call me back as soon as it was fixed...

Well, I checked the site about 20 minutes later and it was fixed...as I finished my order he called to let me know...VP seems like they know what they are doing!

Lol, you mean it's not ven-tee-prih-vee like I've been saying :D

Offline HSS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, BMI Silver, Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Club Gold
I got same response if anyone is interested:

Customer HSS 11/28/2011 01:21 PM
Does the $20 statement credit for buying items at Vente-Privee apply to all Additional users as well or just the primary cardholder??
Assuming that it does how long does it take to receive the credit??

Response (Rachel Toledo) 11/29/2011 12:30 PM
Good Afternoon HSS,

Yes, the $20 Ventee-Privee would apply to each of your additional cardholders, as long as they each registered separately and made the purchase using their card.

The statement credit is normally issued 6-8 weeks after the qualifying charge is made.

I hope the information provided is helpful. If you have any other questions do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Happy Holidays!

Sincerely,

Rachel Toledo

Offline BAHayman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I got same response if anyone is interested:

Customer HSS 11/28/2011 01:21 PM
Does the $20 statement credit for buying items at Vente-Privee apply to all Additional users as well or just the primary cardholder??
Assuming that it does how long does it take to receive the credit??

Response (Rachel Toledo) 11/29/2011 12:30 PM
Good Afternoon HSS,

Yes, the $20 Ventee-Privee would apply to each of your additional cardholders, as long as they each registered separately and made the purchase using their card.

The statement credit is normally issued 6-8 weeks after the qualifying charge is made.

I hope the information provided is helpful. If you have any other questions do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Happy Holidays!

Sincerely,

Rachel Toledo
Hehe I think Rachel is handling all Vente-Privee AU questions :P

Offline Red

• View Profile
Hehe I think Rachel is handling all Vente-Privee AU questions :P
It sure seems so, I got a response from her too.

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
Lol, you mean it's not ven-tee-prih-vee like I've been saying :D

Yup! :)

As an aside, I hope they feature some reasonable priced items...so we all can take advantage of all the Amex card credits!