Topic Wiki

When reporting a new offer please post here http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=49544.0

To take advantage of an Amex offer, first save the offer to your card, then do the spending. There are a few ways to save offers to your card; http://www.amexoffers.com/ has links to most of them. Depending on the offer and depending on your Amex card, it may be available via none, one or more than one of these methods:

americanexpress.com web site
Log into the americanexpress.com web site. If you get the new version of the site, scroll down to Amex Offers & Benefits at the bottom of the page. If you get the old version, click the Amex Offers For You tab. You can also see on this web site which offers you already saved (even if you saved them via a method other than this web site) and which offers you already redeemed. This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express.
The maximum number of offer that the site will show you is 100. If you already have 100 available offers, there may be other offers that they are prepared to show you, but are not showing you because you already have the maximum. To see additional offers, save one or more of your available offers and then refresh the list (F5 in most Windows browsers).

Saving an offer on AmericanExpress.com to one of your cards will automatically make it unavailable for the rest of your cards linked to the same login. The way to get around this is by opening all of your cards in separate tabs and then saving the offer in each.  **

**Sign into different tabs?!?
Sign onto your Amex account. card #1 is on the page.  scroll to offers. note a good one. 
Open  tab 2: amex.com (or with Chrome, right click on the first tab and choose Duplicate) > you are already logged in.> go to my accounts > click on card #2  on the top of the page. scroll to offers. check for same good offer. 
Open tab #3. repeat as for tab #2. Repeat as necessary.
THEN: on tab #1 - click 'save' .  Then on tab #2 click 'save' . Then on each tab.
If you so desire: check on each card's 'saved offers' to check that it's there.

This link should take you to the Amex old layout,
which is much easier to scroll down through all the offers.

Amex® Mobile app
This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express. The login is the same as for the americanexpress.com web site.

Dedicated web site for enrollment
Some Amex offers, most notably Small Business Saturday, but also NYC Restaurant Week, Home Depot, Amazon and DirecTV, offer a dedicated web site where you could enter your card information to enroll.

For Bluebird/Serve cards
Amex offers can be saved via the bluebird.com web site. Go to Plan & Manage > Amex Offers. Amex offers can also be saved via the Bluebird mobile app.

For cards not issued by American Express (such as Amex cards issued by Citi, USAA, PenFed, Bank of America, etc.)
Add offers to your card at this site: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html
You will be prompted for your name, card number and email address.
« Last edited by David R on January 23, 2020, 05:47:50 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Offers Discussion Thread  (Read 3481830 times)

Offline farmbochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Offers Discussion Thread
« Reply #8720 on: October 13, 2016, 10:25:17 AM »
Is there a Sam's Club offer still alive? Thanks.
Expired 9/30 (unless another one was released which I'm unaware of).
Risk is opportunity

Offline Iz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: October 13, 2016, 10:33:59 AM »
Expired 9/30 (unless another one was released which I'm unaware of).
That's what I thought. Thanks.

Offline skinfarrock

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8722 on: October 13, 2016, 11:11:38 AM »
Saks offer work at off saks?

Offline DaveInLA

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8723 on: October 13, 2016, 03:35:28 PM »
I just made a $500 Saks purchase to take advantage of the 7500 MR offer. The charge posted overnight, the bonus MR haven't posted yet. My AF posted on 9/26 so I have until 10/25 (just to be safe) to downgrade. If the bonus MR doesn't post by then and I downgrade, will I still get the 7500 MR?

Offline deal boy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: October 14, 2016, 06:54:31 AM »
I just made a $500 Saks purchase to take advantage of the 7500 MR offer. The charge posted overnight, the bonus MR haven't posted yet. My AF posted on 9/26 so I have until 10/25 (just to be safe) to downgrade. If the bonus MR doesn't post by then and I downgrade, will I still get the 7500 MR?
Ya...you will still have the same card number ..

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline avremie

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8726 on: October 21, 2016, 01:43:16 PM »
Is there any practical way to use the Washington Post offer for an online subscription without having to pay much out of pocket?

Offline phatmiles

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Glob/SPG Plat
« Reply #8727 on: October 25, 2016, 03:53:38 PM »
Have the Raymour & Flannigan offer on 3 cards. Not using it. Any one want that - I will give $1000 gift cards or purchase for $900. You save $100 and I keep $50. PM me.

Offline dpk4588

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #8728 on: October 27, 2016, 10:38:05 PM »
Chatted with amex. Took a week. But I got the credit for mpx
What kind of GC did you buy? DoC had a post about how the GC merchant category seems to carry through. Did you buy an airline GC or a non-airline GC?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: October 28, 2016, 08:20:15 AM »
Anyone know if its possible to get a refund if needed down the line for a ezpass credit balance? As I'm not sure if i want to load too much ( amex 10% off tolls)

Offline explorer84

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8730 on: October 28, 2016, 08:21:27 AM »
20% back through statement credit at Sam's Club (up to $250.00) for those purchases greater than $100 -- This appears only on my Business Cards - both primary and AUs

* Must be in Club
* Sam's sells many gift cards
Good deal for those that snagged a free membership!

Details
Get 20% back as a statement credit, one time, by using your enrolled eligible Card to make an eligible purchase of $100+ in a single transaction in-Club at Sam’s Club locations by 1/31/17. Statement credit limited to $250. See terms and exclusions below. View Locations Nearby
Terms
Enrollment is limited. An “eligible purchase” means a purchase made in-Club by 1/31/17, excluding gas purchases. An “eligible Card” means a valid American Express® US Small Business credit or charge Card that is issued by a US banking subsidiary of American Express. Prepaid Cards and products, Corporate Cards and American Express-branded Cards issued by other financial institutions are not eligible. Offer valid for in-Club purchases only. Offer is limited to one statement credit, up to $250 per American Express online account. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Offer is non-transferable. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent/provided to you until after 1/31/17, it may not qualify for the offer. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 1/31/17. Statement credit may be reversed if eligible purchase is returned/cancelled. Note that American Express may not receive information about your eligible purchase from merchant until all items from your eligible purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as an eligible purchase, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CE86:0001

Offline bermo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8731 on: October 28, 2016, 08:51:14 AM »
20% back through statement credit at Sam's Club (up to $250.00) for those purchases greater than $100 -- This appears only on my Business Cards - both primary and AUs

* Must be in Club

Cool which cards?

Offline explorer84

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8732 on: October 28, 2016, 08:55:34 AM »
I had them on ALL of SPG and Delta Biz cards (primary and AUs). Those are the only biz cards I have.

Offline MRTHNMAN

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8733 on: October 28, 2016, 09:39:35 AM »
does anyone know if sams sells $500 visa/mc gift cards in club ?

Offline Iz

• View Profile
« Reply #8734 on: October 28, 2016, 09:57:42 AM »
does anyone know if sams sells $500 visa/mc gift cards in club ?
They do.

Offline Iz

• View Profile
« Reply #8735 on: October 28, 2016, 10:10:27 AM »
Cool which cards?
Only SPG biz (every single one; primary & AU), not BGR, SimplyCash, or any personal cards.

Offline MRTHNMAN

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8736 on: October 28, 2016, 10:32:28 AM »
They do.

is there a daily limit ?

Offline Iz

• View Profile
« Reply #8737 on: October 28, 2016, 10:35:29 AM »

Offline addictedsaver

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8738 on: October 28, 2016, 11:00:46 AM »
Get a one-time award of 2,000 additional Membership Rewards points by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $100+ on room rate and room charges with a participating Courtyard by Marriott property by 12/31/2016. TARGETED

Enrollment is limited. Offer valid on Courtyard® by Marriott locations in the US, including Puerto Rico. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for stays that are paid for before or after the promotion start and end dates. Reservations must be made online at courtyard.marriott.com, by using the Marriott Mobile App or via phone to Marriott Worldwide Reservations, 1-888-236-2427. Offer not valid on International locations outside the US and Puerto Rico. Excludes Marriott®, The Ritz-Carlton®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn®, Residence Inn®, SpringHill Suites®, TownePlace Suites®, Bulgari®, EDITION Hotels®, JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance®, Delta®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Gaylord Hotels®, Protea®, Moxy®, and Starwood® Hotel and Resorts properties. Excludes ShopCourtyard purchases. Excludes gift card purchases. Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction (for example, the purchase date for online orders may be the shipping date). If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the additional points. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the additional Membership Rewards points if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party. ENROLLMENT/ELIGIBLE CARDS: Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards that are enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of purchase are eligible. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Your enrollment does not extend to any other Cards that may be linked to the same Membership Rewards program account (such as Additional Cards). Offer is non-transferable. EARNING POINTS: Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account and limit of 2,000 additional Membership Rewards points per Card. These additional points are in addition to any points you would normally receive for purchases on your Card under the terms of your Card Member Agreement and the Membership Rewards program. When we calculate the additional points benefit for Amex EveryDay® Card products, points awarded under this offer will not be included. Additional points will be credited to your Program account within 90 days after 12/31/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Terms and conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP EARN (297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. To learn more, go to http://www.membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. Bonus ID: B2AH POID: CE4W:0001

Offline skinfarrock

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8739 on: October 28, 2016, 11:05:22 AM »
Get a one-time award of 2,000 additional Membership Rewards points by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $100+ on room rate and room charges with a participating Courtyard by Marriott property by 12/31/2016. TARGETED

Enrollment is limited. Offer valid on Courtyard® by Marriott locations in the US, including Puerto Rico. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for stays that are paid for before or after the promotion start and end dates. Reservations must be made online at courtyard.marriott.com, by using the Marriott Mobile App or via phone to Marriott Worldwide Reservations, 1-888-236-2427. Offer not valid on International locations outside the US and Puerto Rico. Excludes Marriott®, The Ritz-Carlton®, AC Hotels by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn®, Residence Inn®, SpringHill Suites®, TownePlace Suites®, Bulgari®, EDITION Hotels®, JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance®, Delta®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Gaylord Hotels®, Protea®, Moxy®, and Starwood® Hotel and Resorts properties. Excludes ShopCourtyard purchases. Excludes gift card purchases. Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction (for example, the purchase date for online orders may be the shipping date). If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the additional points. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the additional Membership Rewards points if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party. ENROLLMENT/ELIGIBLE CARDS: Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards that are enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of purchase are eligible. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Your enrollment does not extend to any other Cards that may be linked to the same Membership Rewards program account (such as Additional Cards). Offer is non-transferable. EARNING POINTS: Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account and limit of 2,000 additional Membership Rewards points per Card. These additional points are in addition to any points you would normally receive for purchases on your Card under the terms of your Card Member Agreement and the Membership Rewards program. When we calculate the additional points benefit for Amex EveryDay® Card products, points awarded under this offer will not be included. Additional points will be credited to your Program account within 90 days after 12/31/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Terms and conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP EARN (297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. To learn more, go to http://www.membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. Bonus ID: B2AH POID: CE4W:0001
Can this be used for gift cards?