Topic Wiki

When reporting a new offer please post here http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=49544.0

To take advantage of an Amex offer, first save the offer to your card, then do the spending. There are a few ways to save offers to your card; http://www.amexoffers.com/ has links to most of them. Depending on the offer and depending on your Amex card, it may be available via none, one or more than one of these methods:

americanexpress.com web site
Log into the americanexpress.com web site. If you get the new version of the site, scroll down to Amex Offers & Benefits at the bottom of the page. If you get the old version, click the Amex Offers For You tab. You can also see on this web site which offers you already saved (even if you saved them via a method other than this web site) and which offers you already redeemed. This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express.
The maximum number of offer that the site will show you is 100. If you already have 100 available offers, there may be other offers that they are prepared to show you, but are not showing you because you already have the maximum. To see additional offers, save one or more of your available offers and then refresh the list (F5 in most Windows browsers).

Saving an offer on AmericanExpress.com to one of your cards will automatically make it unavailable for the rest of your cards linked to the same login. The way to get around this is by opening all of your cards in separate tabs and then saving the offer in each.  **

**Sign into different tabs?!?
Sign onto your Amex account. card #1 is on the page.  scroll to offers. note a good one. 
Open  tab 2: amex.com (or with Chrome, right click on the first tab and choose Duplicate) > you are already logged in.> go to my accounts > click on card #2  on the top of the page. scroll to offers. check for same good offer. 
Open tab #3. repeat as for tab #2. Repeat as necessary.
THEN: on tab #1 - click 'save' .  Then on tab #2 click 'save' . Then on each tab.
If you so desire: check on each card's 'saved offers' to check that it's there.

This link should take you to the Amex old layout,
which is much easier to scroll down through all the offers.

Amex® Mobile app
This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express. The login is the same as for the americanexpress.com web site.

Dedicated web site for enrollment
Some Amex offers, most notably Small Business Saturday, but also NYC Restaurant Week, Home Depot, Amazon and DirecTV, offer a dedicated web site where you could enter your card information to enroll.

For Bluebird/Serve cards
Amex offers can be saved via the bluebird.com web site. Go to Plan & Manage > Amex Offers. Amex offers can also be saved via the Bluebird mobile app.

For cards not issued by American Express (such as Amex cards issued by Citi, USAA, PenFed, Bank of America, etc.)
Add offers to your card at this site: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html
You will be prompted for your name, card number and email address.
« Last edited by David R on January 23, 2020, 05:47:50 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Offers Discussion Thread  (Read 3447857 times)

Offline noturbizniss

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Offers Discussion Thread
« Reply #10100 on: January 01, 2017, 09:12:21 PM »
Blasphemy
+1
I'm still at behind on cashing out all the gift cards I bought for all the generous Q4 offers. Secretly hoping for a quiet January.
If you can't cash out within a couple days your buying too much. Cash outs can die any time and leave you sitting on thousands of gc. Not smart.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline zagguru

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #10101 on: January 01, 2017, 10:08:25 PM »
Data point:

Paid my Fios bill with my Gold card in the amount of $52.98 on 12/14. On 12/15 Got TWO credits in the amount of $5.30. "One for Save on your cell phone bill online: VERIZON", and the other "Save on your cable or satellite TV bill: VERIZON"

The single charge for verizon was able to trigger a credit for both cable and cell phone, probably since Verizon has both companies.
I am confident, had i spent $100, i would have also gotten the 2500 MR points as well for that offer.
I am going to be testing that theory this week when i pay my Verizon Cell Phone bill for $100. Would be pretty epic if a single charge can trigger THREE amex offers.

Offline shmelke2

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: January 01, 2017, 10:24:38 PM »

Data point:

Paid my Fios bill with my Gold card in the amount of $52.98 on 12/14. On 12/15 Got TWO credits in the amount of $5.30. "One for Save on your cell phone bill online: VERIZON", and the other "Save on your cable or satellite TV bill: VERIZON"

The single charge for verizon was able to trigger a credit for both cable and cell phone, probably since Verizon has both companies.
I am confident, had i spent $100, i would have also gotten the 2500 MR points as well for that offer.
I am going to be testing that theory this week when i pay my Verizon Cell Phone bill for $100. Would be pretty epic if a single charge can trigger THREE amex offers.

Don't count on it. I spent over $100, and just got those two. I tried chatting with them, and they confirmed that charge must be made on Verizonwireless.com in order to get the third offer.

Offline zagguru

• View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: January 01, 2017, 10:25:27 PM »

Don't count on it. I spent over $100, and just got those two. I tried chatting with them, and they confirmed that charge must be made on Verizonwireless.com in order to get the third offer.

So you got 2500 points and 10% back for cell phone bill? Still a good deal..

Offline shmelke2

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: January 01, 2017, 10:29:31 PM »
So you got 2500 points and 10% back for cell phone bill? Still a good deal..
I got 10% twice for paying FiOS bill. Didn't get the 2500 points on $100.
Yes, it's a good deal, but getting all 3 would've been better

Offline zagguru

• View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: January 01, 2017, 10:31:43 PM »
I got 10% twice for paying FiOS bill. Didn't get the 2500 points on $100.
Yes, it's a good deal, but getting all 3 would've been better

im going to try it the other way. Going to pay my Verizon Wireless bill and see if it triggers all 3

Online Redbull3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #10106 on: January 02, 2017, 07:59:50 AM »
Data point:

1. I tried stacking 25 off vz wireless and 10% off cable by paying Fios and only got the latter.
2. I was able to stack 25 off 100 Verizon wireless with 10 off 100 or 1k points on any wireless by paying a VZW account.

Definitely TARB. I don't think the cable offer will trigger on your wireless payment but can't hurt.

I also wonder if being a customer of both helps them stack. When I failed at #1 it was to my own account and I was Fios only, my phone is with Sprint.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 08:05:57 AM by Redbull3 »

Offline Mo2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: January 02, 2017, 01:34:44 PM »
Thank you to Sams club and Amex offers.

i spent $1,241.28 (Including $1000 worth of Master card gift cards totaling $1,032.40 after fees). The gift card transaction didn't go through. Purchase still came up as $1,241.28 but was told i'll be credited back for the gc's. i was pissed as i assumed i wasted the offer by only spending about $200 after gc's were declined. just checked my account to make sure i got the $1000 refunded and was surprised to see that i was credited back $1032.40 from the gc's AND still got the Amex offer credit of $248.26 - 20% on entire $1,241.28 purchase! free $200!

Common sense is not a gift, it is a punishment.
Because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

Offline since1492

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: January 02, 2017, 01:37:01 PM »
Thank you to Sams club and Amex offers.

i spent $1,241.28 (Including $1000 worth of Master card gift cards totaling $1,032.40 after fees). The gift card transaction didn't go through. Purchase still came up as $1,241.28 but was told i'll be credited back for the gc's. i was pissed as i assumed i wasted the offer by only spending about $200 after gc's were declined. just checked my account to make sure i got the $1000 refunded and was surprised to see that i was credited back $1032.40 from the gc's AND still got the Amex offer credit of $248.26 - 20% on entire $1,241.28 purchase! free $200!
I wonder how long it will stay there.....
the masmid atzum
מאז

Online Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: January 02, 2017, 01:38:00 PM »
+1

Offline Mo2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10110 on: January 02, 2017, 01:40:42 PM »
Wondered the same but its been 10 days and statement has closed. i know sometimes Amex is aggressive with claw-backs so fingers crossed
Common sense is not a gift, it is a punishment.
Because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

Online Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #10111 on: January 02, 2017, 02:09:51 PM »
Edited:

3 offers:

A. $25/2.5k pts, $100 spend with verizonwireless
B. 10%/1k pts, $100 spend with wireless
C. 10%/1k pts, $100 spend with cable

A can be used on wireless, and not on Fios.
B can be used on both wireless and Fios.
C can be used on FIOS. Wireless is TBD.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 02:55:18 PM by Redbull3 »

Offline zagguru

• View Profile
« Reply #10112 on: January 02, 2017, 02:44:40 PM »
Here is the verizon summary.

3 offers:

A. 10%/1k pts, $100 spend with wireless
B. 10%/1k pts, $100 spend with cable
C. $25/2.5k pts, $100 spend with verizonwireless

We know that A can be used on wireless or Fios as reported by Zaggaru.
We know that C can be used on wireless only, not Fios, as I reported earlier.

outstanding question:
Can you use B on wireless? As I think about it, I think it's entirely possible. I don't have any more C's. Zaggaru please TARB on the triple dip.

My data point said that i used A and B together for a Fios Payment.

Online Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #10113 on: January 02, 2017, 02:46:39 PM »
My data point said that i used A and B together for a Fios Payment.
Right, the chiddush there is A working on Fios, which is why I just mentioned that one only, b/c obviously B would work. My dp was A+C both work on wireless but that is also obvious.

Offline zagguru

• View Profile
« Reply #10114 on: January 02, 2017, 02:48:51 PM »
Right, the chiddush there is A working on Fios, which is why I just mentioned that one only, b/c obviously B would work. My dp was A+C both work on wireless but that is also obvious.

according to chat with amex, two offers for one charge isnt supposed to happen. One charge is only supposed to get one.

I made a charge today for verizon wireless for $100.01. I got three emails saying "congrats you used your amex offer". Not sure if that means all three offers were hit, but we will find out soon enough

Online Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #10115 on: January 02, 2017, 02:51:10 PM »
according to chat with amex, two offers for one charge isnt supposed to happen. One charge is only supposed to get one.

I made a charge today for verizon wireless for $100.01. I got three emails saying "congrats you used your amex offer". Not sure if that means all three offers were hit, but we will find out soon enough
I am now willing to bet you just triple dipped.

Online Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #10116 on: January 02, 2017, 02:51:30 PM »
Edited my summary post for clarity, lol.

Offline zagguru

• View Profile
« Reply #10117 on: January 02, 2017, 02:54:14 PM »
I am now willing to bet you just triple dipped.

i hope, but im not holding my breath. Im pretty sure its just the 2 offers.

Online Redbull3

• View Profile
« Reply #10118 on: January 02, 2017, 03:01:59 PM »
i hope, but im not holding my breath. Im pretty sure its just the 2 offers.
Why? Wireless worked for fios, why wouldn't cable work for VZwireless? Plus you got 3 congrat emails. And of course you can combine multiple amex offers, why wouldn't you? I don't see anything in terms against that, and I've done it before. DROPR.

Offline zagguru

• View Profile
« Reply #10119 on: January 02, 2017, 03:23:52 PM »
Why? Wireless worked for fios, why wouldn't cable work for VZwireless? Plus you got 3 congrat emails. And of course you can combine multiple amex offers, why wouldn't you? I don't see anything in terms against that, and I've done it before. DROPR.

lol hope your right. well see in a couple of days