Topic Wiki

When reporting a new offer please post here http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=49544.0

To take advantage of an Amex offer, first save the offer to your card, then do the spending. There are a few ways to save offers to your card; http://www.amexoffers.com/ has links to most of them. Depending on the offer and depending on your Amex card, it may be available via none, one or more than one of these methods:

americanexpress.com web site
Log into the americanexpress.com web site. If you get the new version of the site, scroll down to Amex Offers & Benefits at the bottom of the page. If you get the old version, click the Amex Offers For You tab. You can also see on this web site which offers you already saved (even if you saved them via a method other than this web site) and which offers you already redeemed. This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express.
The maximum number of offer that the site will show you is 100. If you already have 100 available offers, there may be other offers that they are prepared to show you, but are not showing you because you already have the maximum. To see additional offers, save one or more of your available offers and then refresh the list (F5 in most Windows browsers).

Saving an offer on AmericanExpress.com to one of your cards will automatically make it unavailable for the rest of your cards linked to the same login. The way to get around this is by opening all of your cards in separate tabs and then saving the offer in each.  **

**Sign into different tabs?!?
Sign onto your Amex account. card #1 is on the page.  scroll to offers. note a good one. 
Open  tab 2: amex.com (or with Chrome, right click on the first tab and choose Duplicate) > you are already logged in.> go to my accounts > click on card #2  on the top of the page. scroll to offers. check for same good offer. 
Open tab #3. repeat as for tab #2. Repeat as necessary.
THEN: on tab #1 - click 'save' .  Then on tab #2 click 'save' . Then on each tab.
If you so desire: check on each card's 'saved offers' to check that it's there.

This link should take you to the Amex old layout,
which is much easier to scroll down through all the offers.

Amex® Mobile app
This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express. The login is the same as for the americanexpress.com web site.

Dedicated web site for enrollment
Some Amex offers, most notably Small Business Saturday, but also NYC Restaurant Week, Home Depot, Amazon and DirecTV, offer a dedicated web site where you could enter your card information to enroll.

For Bluebird/Serve cards
Amex offers can be saved via the bluebird.com web site. Go to Plan & Manage > Amex Offers. Amex offers can also be saved via the Bluebird mobile app.

For cards not issued by American Express (such as Amex cards issued by Citi, USAA, PenFed, Bank of America, etc.)
Add offers to your card at this site: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html
You will be prompted for your name, card number and email address.
« Last edited by David R on January 23, 2020, 05:47:50 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Offers Discussion Thread  (Read 3447648 times)

Offline PillanSmye

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Offers Discussion Thread
« Reply #10700 on: January 27, 2017, 01:59:48 AM »
The next time I went I brought a box of cookies to thank her.

Ummm.  Cookies

Offline Mplace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Kan tzivah
« Reply #10701 on: January 27, 2017, 02:05:25 AM »
that's why. over 10k requires the form. you worked with the manager or regular CS person?
This form is only required if you spend 10k in Cash you are basically declaring that your not laundering the money
With cc that's not required,
As well, there is something else about large transaction's which this isn't...

I was in a Sam's, when I did more than 10k they asked me to fill out 'the' form
I said I will gladly fill out a form but not one that says I paid Cash....
Eventually they decided I should fill out a currency transaction one,
And I just put my name and DOB that's it... And they were happy with that...
Not sure what that will help them
What's your plan for yud shvat?

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10702 on: January 27, 2017, 02:13:27 AM »
There are a couple issues here. As as2 said, most of us took the time to read through the threads before we jumped in. Also, most of us probably jumped in to signing up for cc which don't involve any expenditure. To run out and buy $1200 with no idea how to cash out is simply irresponsible,and honestly, if he didn't get hit hard he'd just do it again, and lay out more when the next chance came along and get himself in deep debt. Better to be attacked, feel bad, despise the people who attacked him, but next time think it all the way through.
Furthermore many of us have put in thousands of hours both here on ddf and elsewhere and in the real world figuring this stuff out. While we want to help, it is extremely frustrating when Pete come and ask to be spoofed everything, especially when they get all defensive.
I keep going back to the horror stories of people eying at target employees, demanding the right to load their RedCard (or 15 cards) and holding up the line. And then we wonder why things get killed?
It takes some delicacy and finesse to be able to MS successfully and get the employees who help us to like you.
Another example.
I went to sams club in November on a Sunday. Grabbed like 20k in gift cards went to cs and asked to buy them.manager came over and asked if I had just been there last night.
Long story short, I had not but other Jewish guys had been. They acted shady, would not give their license, or other info (even though they needed to use their SC card), and the manager decided not to sell. They got upset and ended up making a small scene and a huge chillul hashem.
I, on the other hand, explained EXACTLY what I was doing, how the amex offer worked, and I even vaguely described how I cashed out. I offered my license, agreed to fill out the AML form and had a very pleasant experience. She had no issue and I was able to undo the damage done the previous night. She was so comfortable with my explanation that she held a box of cards for a month till I came back again, and another ddfer also went there and was up front with her.
The next time I went I brought a box of cookies to thank her.
This is what I've learned from doing this alot this year. But the attitude of the other guys is that of people who don't fully understand what we are doing. Is it scary to fill out the AML form? Sure, if you don't know what it's about. But we aren't doing anything illegal, we gotta be comfortable with what we do, and you gotta go slow, have a plan,, have a backup plan, be able to float the funds, and most importantly be nice.
It's more than just run and spend. There is a lot of effort we have put into this. All we ask is that the n00bs put in a drop of effort. At the very least, read through the last few days of this thread. For better or worse it's almost all here.

/rant
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I actually just brought this up in another thread a couple of days ago. I and everyone else have put so much time and effort into learning all of this that it really rubs some of us the wrong way when we are asked to spoonfeed info to n00bs who don't want to take the time to read and learn. As I have said before, I like helping people but once the attitude comes out, I'm done, that's not what I come here for.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline PillanSmye

• View Profile
« Reply #10703 on: January 27, 2017, 05:50:52 AM »
you really should have a plan before you buy the gift cards

Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10704 on: January 27, 2017, 07:12:47 AM »
you really should have a plan before you buy the gift cards
Now you tell me. Where were you 5 years ago with this advice?  >:(
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10705 on: January 27, 2017, 07:39:06 AM »
Now you tell me. Where were you 5 years ago with this advice?  >:(

it seems like you learned your lesson and now have stuff to teach me instead.

Offline bznt

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10706 on: January 27, 2017, 07:44:56 AM »
Now you want to be spoonfed? Not on this form. Learn from your own experiences, we all here put in hours of reading and experimenting. You think we will just " teach you " what we found out through our trial and error ? No way, go back and read the last 200 pages and figure it out yourself.

/rant

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10707 on: January 27, 2017, 07:47:32 AM »
We all have things we can learn from each other.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10708 on: January 27, 2017, 07:48:48 AM »
Now you want to be spoonfed?
Don't confuse spoonfed and returning a favor.  ;)

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #10709 on: January 27, 2017, 07:52:03 AM »
Don't confuse spoonfed and returning a favor.  ;)
I guess it's a fine line.

Lets stop this conversation and get back to making money. #amexoffers

Offline 12HRS

• View Profile
« Reply #10710 on: January 27, 2017, 07:53:40 AM »
Now you want to be spoonfed? Not on this form. Learn from your own experiences, we all here put in hours of reading and experimenting. You think we will just " teach you " what we found out through our trial and error ? No way, go back and read the last 200 pages and figure it out yourself.

/rant

you are kidding me. I've read all this thread. people have asked me how its worth it to MS 50k a week. Its all out there, I spent days reading through relevant threads to find one piece of information that I was missing. After I read the thread I ask the questions. If he wanted to know a clarification or something it is a whole different story. Also it was way worse that he bought the cards beforehand. I buy 10k a day GC and before I bought 10k i went out and bought 1 $500 GC, knowing exactly what I wanted to do with it and I tested it out.

You are not doing anyone favors by encouraging people to leap before they look because someone will come to the rescue. And even if it was going to be true that people here would all spill their secrets every time someone asked, what works for Dan in Ctown may not work for someone in NYC or elsewhere.

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #10711 on: January 27, 2017, 08:05:48 AM »
you are kidding me. I've read all this thread. people have asked me how its worth it to MS 50k a week. Its all out there, I spent days reading through relevant threads to find one piece of information that I was missing. After I read the thread I ask the questions. If he wanted to know a clarification or something it is a whole different story. Also it was way worse that he bought the cards beforehand. I buy 10k a day GC and before I bought 10k i went out and bought 1 $500 GC, knowing exactly what I wanted to do with it and I tested it out.

You are not doing anyone favors by encouraging people to leap before they look because someone will come to the rescue. And even if it was going to be true that people here would all spill their secrets every time someone asked, what works for Dan in Ctown may not work for someone in NYC or elsewhere.
The guy asked a question , I bought $1200 , how do I cash it out. Out of the 100's of people on this forum, you felt the obligation and responsibility to answer him to rescue him from falling by not helping him with a solution to his problem. But by lecturing him what not to do.
Again back to what I said before. If you don't want to help someone just ignore it, why do you think that person was seeking Mr 12hrs advice. Maybe he was seeking someone who is willing to answer his question even though they put in blood sweat and tears to gather this info. 

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #10712 on: January 27, 2017, 08:09:04 AM »
The guy asked a question , I bought $1200 , how do I cash it out. Out of the 100's of people on this forum, you felt the obligation and responsibility to answer him to rescue him from falling by not helping him with a solution to his problem. But by lecturing him what not to do.
Again back to what I said before. If you don't want to help someone just ignore it, why do you think that person was seeking Mr 12hrs advice. Maybe he was seeking someone who is willing to answer his question even though they put in blood sweat and tears to gather this info.
You may very well be right, it still doesn't excuse the OP getting all snarky.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #10713 on: January 27, 2017, 08:14:59 AM »
thanks for the musser ,i was asking people who would let me know what to do ,so i guess your not 1 of them,if you continue like this you will probably get  10,000 post in no time

like you :o ??? but thanks any way i knew you would come on this soon ... i already have 2 nice people who pmed and helped  me with ideas how to get it done,who are not such kids like you and the rest of these ....

You may very well be right, it still doesn't excuse the OP getting all snarky.
Which of his 2 coments were offensive ?
 I would reply the same way,  put yourself in his shoes and think how you would respond in the same situation.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
Amex Offers Discussion Thread
« Reply #10714 on: January 27, 2017, 08:20:29 AM »
 I would reply the same way,  put yourself in his shoes and think how you would respond in the same situation.
I didn't say he said anything offensive, I said he got snarky. Truth be told, this is an open online forum and he can say whatever he wants as long as he follows the rules. I for one just won't be helping him if he continues to be disrespectful. I really don't see what was wrong with what 12HRS said, it was something that really should be reiterated especially to n00bs. Could he have also given him links to the bluebird/serve threads? Sure. Was he obligated to? No.

ETA: And to answer what I would say if I was in his shoes, "Thanks for responding, you're right, I probably should be more careful in the future with buying things that I don't have a sure way of liquidating yet. That being said, any way you can give me some tips on getting rid of these GC's?"
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 08:23:54 AM by mmgfarb »

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10715 on: January 27, 2017, 08:22:22 AM »
I have been in his shoes as far as the lack of knowledge. Almost any question you can ask as a noob has already been answered, you just need to take the time to look. Many like me didn't know the first thing about MS or anything of the like when we first joined. I didn't know amex had offers when I started! You sure as hell didn't find me asking questions of that nature though because I didn't need to. A simple search goes a long way if you're willing to read a little. My first MS was not profitable, just a small GC trial to see if i could properly cash it out. Sit hear and soak up info and contribute when you can but realize the amount of time that was put into compiling this info, others, before demanding it.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline 12HRS

• View Profile
« Reply #10716 on: January 27, 2017, 08:29:53 AM »

you are really missing the point. you are gonna cause a lot of people major issues if you feel someone should not warn people to jump in before they know what they are doing.

From FT regarding starting MS:
1) MSing is very YMMV. It varies by store, manager, and right down to the cashier working at the moment. That being said, always be nice and courteous in the face of rejection. The biggest secret for success is to lay low so you can try again.

2) DO NOT spend more than you can afford. START WITH SMALL AMOUNTS TO TEST THE WATER! As an example.. don't start with a $5000 purchase of VGCs if you can't afford to float that much! Instead, buy one and try it, and scale up once you are comfortable with a new method. It's easy to lose track, or get robbed, when you are handling so much money. Getting a refund is NOT always possible.

3) DO NOT ask employees, cashiers, customer service representatives, etc... about how to MS, or about things you read on this forum. The information you read here are very specific, unknown, legal uses of products or services. Most employees, cashiers, and even managers do not know about them. At best you'll get bad information. At worst you'll create a lot of unnecessary misunderstanding.

4) It bears repeating that there are no guarantees. you could easily buy $10,000 in gift cards or some other instrument, only to discover that your method for liquidating them vanishes the very next day. MS is not "normal" financial activity ("normal" being defined by the banks), and thus is often perceived as "suspicious" even if it is legal.

5) never underestimate the risk of criminal activity. gift cards can easily be stolen, loaded onto a compromised account, loaded in a debit card skimmer, or even fraudulent (e.g., an already used card put back on the rack).

I will say it again because it does require repeating. It is irresponsible to buy before having a plan. If someone wants help coming up with a plan, I am all for helping and giving the advice. But please stop encouraging people to go out and spend thousands of dollars before the know how to liquidate it, because "don't worry someone on DDF will feel bad for me and send me a PM"

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #10717 on: January 27, 2017, 08:32:24 AM »
We can go on and on about this.  , בל"נ I will not continue this conversation here. People come here for what this thread is made for and they get annoyed from all this. 
And I still stay my ground. If you don't want to help someone, don't answer at all.

Nobody encoraged anybody to go out and start to ms ,

Offline tzifanya54

• View Profile
« Reply #10718 on: January 27, 2017, 08:35:15 AM »
Since this whole thread is already derailed.......
I'm not sure what you are having a difficult time grasping. If constructive criticism can't be accepted, the questions shouldn't be asked. In my early years I would buy the GC and let them sit in a safe. I was the victim of GC fraud to the tune of $4k, I have since learned my lesson through the school hard knocks. It would have been beneficial if someone would have told me to be careful. If OP can't gracefully accept free advice he was offered, he doesn't belong here. Yes, we all start somewhere, the key is to come here with the understanding that you are asking for help, and to be ready to accept the advice given to you. (Even when it isn't exactly what you want to hear.)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #10719 on: January 27, 2017, 09:10:45 AM »
I have gotten spoonfed. If you can talk nicely and not get insulted when someone says something them you will get helped.
Feelings don't care about your facts