Topic Wiki

When reporting a new offer please post here http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=49544.0

To take advantage of an Amex offer, first save the offer to your card, then do the spending. There are a few ways to save offers to your card; http://www.amexoffers.com/ has links to most of them. Depending on the offer and depending on your Amex card, it may be available via none, one or more than one of these methods:

americanexpress.com web site
Log into the americanexpress.com web site. If you get the new version of the site, scroll down to Amex Offers & Benefits at the bottom of the page. If you get the old version, click the Amex Offers For You tab. You can also see on this web site which offers you already saved (even if you saved them via a method other than this web site) and which offers you already redeemed. This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express.
The maximum number of offer that the site will show you is 100. If you already have 100 available offers, there may be other offers that they are prepared to show you, but are not showing you because you already have the maximum. To see additional offers, save one or more of your available offers and then refresh the list (F5 in most Windows browsers).

Saving an offer on AmericanExpress.com to one of your cards will automatically make it unavailable for the rest of your cards linked to the same login. The way to get around this is by opening all of your cards in separate tabs and then saving the offer in each.  **

**Sign into different tabs?!?
Sign onto your Amex account. card #1 is on the page.  scroll to offers. note a good one. 
Open  tab 2: amex.com (or with Chrome, right click on the first tab and choose Duplicate) > you are already logged in.> go to my accounts > click on card #2  on the top of the page. scroll to offers. check for same good offer. 
Open tab #3. repeat as for tab #2. Repeat as necessary.
THEN: on tab #1 - click 'save' .  Then on tab #2 click 'save' . Then on each tab.
If you so desire: check on each card's 'saved offers' to check that it's there.

This link should take you to the Amex old layout,
which is much easier to scroll down through all the offers.

Amex® Mobile app
This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express. The login is the same as for the americanexpress.com web site.

Dedicated web site for enrollment
Some Amex offers, most notably Small Business Saturday, but also NYC Restaurant Week, Home Depot, Amazon and DirecTV, offer a dedicated web site where you could enter your card information to enroll.

For Bluebird/Serve cards
Amex offers can be saved via the bluebird.com web site. Go to Plan & Manage > Amex Offers. Amex offers can also be saved via the Bluebird mobile app.

For cards not issued by American Express (such as Amex cards issued by Citi, USAA, PenFed, Bank of America, etc.)
Add offers to your card at this site: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html
You will be prompted for your name, card number and email address.
« Last edited by David R on January 23, 2020, 05:47:50 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Offers Discussion Thread  (Read 3446061 times)

Offline ben89

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 142
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Offers Discussion Thread
« Reply #12820 on: December 27, 2017, 07:58:16 PM »

New offer?
no.
i just got an email about it
"Coffee. On us.
Get a one-time $5 statement credit after you spend $5 or more at participating Dunkin’ Donuts by 1/15/2018 available exclusively in the Amex® Mobile app"

Offline ben89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #12821 on: December 27, 2017, 08:36:26 PM »
do amex offers work if you use visa checkout or masterpass?

Offline Iz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #12822 on: December 27, 2017, 10:25:31 PM »
Did anyone get the $15 credit for the $30 SC offer yet?

Offline MarkR

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12823 on: December 27, 2017, 10:26:59 PM »
Nope, not yet. Only used it on a few cards so far.

Offline bznt

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12824 on: December 27, 2017, 11:06:06 PM »
I Just got shipping confirmation from sams. But the charge is still pending

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12825 on: December 28, 2017, 12:11:25 AM »
Theyr notoriously slow to ship and charge. I got a call today to confirm that I placed 30orders on Monday amd Tuesday.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
« Reply #12826 on: December 28, 2017, 12:15:26 AM »
]

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-amex-offers-5-off-5-dunkin-donuts/

$5 off $5 at dunkin - seems to be excruciatingly targeted

Wife Got dunkin donuts 5 off 5 on one card.  I am 0/4 with that offer. She also got an email about it

Please use the search function.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline Mountain Man

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #12827 on: December 28, 2017, 12:44:05 AM »
I deleted all cards. Waited a few days and still can’t add new cards.
It's probably the same issue that most had with Android pay. You might need to call amex and have them clear your cards to be added to the Google wallet. If that's the case (and you get a competent amex rep) you can get a few dozen cards cleared each time.
Quote from: JTZ link=topic=10531.msg1695873
If you never had to eat crow then you lived one boring life.

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #12828 on: December 28, 2017, 12:46:23 AM »
It's probably the same issue that most had with Android pay. You might need to call amex and have them clear your cards to be added to the Google wallet. If that's the case (and you get a competent amex rep) you can get a few dozen cards cleared each time.
You think it’s a Amex issue ???
Because when I try to add it , I see that they do a $1 authorization on my card and it goes through but google rejects the card

Offline Mountain Man

• View Profile
« Reply #12829 on: December 28, 2017, 01:01:32 AM »
You think it’s a Amex issue ???
Because when I try to add it , I see that they do a $1 authorization on my card and it goes through but google rejects the card
I never had this issue but I didn't hit google express too hard. I did have an issue with androidpay. Maybe try adding the cards via the android pay app to see if that's the issue?

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #12830 on: December 28, 2017, 01:33:13 AM »
]

Please use the search function.
Yes boss 🤦‍♂️.

Also, how long after someone posts one is it okay to post it again?

Because for example, I had 25 off 75 on boxed 2 months ago. Walla! Now I have it again!

So this dunkin thing wasn't showing up 27 days ago when posted (still wasn't even showing up 2 days ago from my android phone). However! Fear not, iPhone to the rescue. It showed when my wife logged in on her iPhone. Figured it had to be another round of targeting (and therefore worthy of another post) instead of dunkin or Amex hating Android/chrome.

But if you say it's part of the old wave, I trust you and apologize and next time, will wait the amount of time you suggest in your reply .

Offline Mountain Man

• View Profile
« Reply #12831 on: December 28, 2017, 01:53:21 AM »
Yes boss 🤦‍♂️.

It's a recurring issue on this thread. I posted a year ago how I had some Sam's offers show up on business cards that didn't have them before. Turns out the second round targeted a much larger number of cards. I didn't see any cards targeted with Dunkin but I appreciate the nudge to do a quick check.

Imho if you're a regular poster who's with the program then obviously you know how to use the search function. I hate the bossypantsness of some people here...

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #12832 on: December 28, 2017, 06:00:17 AM »
Maybe we should create a wiki with all current Amex offers? I think one of the other bloggers (FM) has a page where you type in the store and it'll tell you if an Amex offer exists (and what the offer is). I don't think we need that level of crazy, just the name of the merchant will do.

I didn't search if that was suggested before so pardon me if it was ;)

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
« Reply #12833 on: December 28, 2017, 06:09:24 AM »
Yes boss 🤦‍♂️.

Because for example, I had 25 off 75 on boxed 2 months ago. Walla! Now I have it again!

So this dunkin thing wasn't showing up 27 days ago when posted (still wasn't even showing up 2 days ago from my android phone). However! Fear not, iPhone to the rescue. It showed when my wife logged in on her iPhone. Figured it had to be another round of targeting (and therefore worthy of another post) instead of dunkin or Amex hating Android/chrome.

But if you say it's part of the old wave, I trust you and apologize and next time, will wait the amount of time you suggest in your reply .

If it's a new offer then post it. If it's a new wave that you know u didn't have then say so.
Your post said neither of those things.

Maybe we should create a wiki with all current Amex offers? I think one of the other bloggers (FM) has a page where you type in the store and it'll tell you if an Amex offer exists (and what the offer is). I don't think we need that level of crazy, just the name of the merchant will do.

I didn't search if that was suggested before so pardon me if it was ;)
So make a wiki.
Then again, if your too lazy to search I doubt you'll actually put in an effort to actually do anything useful and actually make a wiki
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #12834 on: December 28, 2017, 06:23:35 AM »
So make a wiki.
Then again, if your too lazy to search I doubt you'll actually put in an effort to actually do anything useful and actually make a wiki
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. You know, there's an Amex offer out there for Casper. Of course you know. You search.

Y'all need to chill. Sheesh, I've never been on a more uptight thread than this one. We get it, you're sick of people that come here, post something not worthy of another post and act like they're worth something. I mean where else would you get your power trip from if not easy prey like me???

You should work for an airline with that attitude.

Here's an idea, post a wiki with your rules. "must be 36 days and 4 hours since the last time someone posted about it." or "must quote original post if you think it's a new round of targeting."

Or are you too lazy to make a wiki and would prefer to berate people? That seems like many people's preferred method here.

I really don't feel like arguing any further. All of you self appointed mods, feel free to attack me. I'm checking out of this thread, no matter how tempting it is to respond.

Thank you all for *kindly* showing me the way of the thread. Seems like one of the worst places on all of DDF tbh.

Peace ️.

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
« Reply #12835 on: December 28, 2017, 06:50:00 AM »
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. You know, there's an Amex offer out there for Casper. Of course you know. You search.

Y'all need to chill. Sheesh, I've never been on a more uptight thread than this one. We get it, you're sick of people that come here, post something not worthy of another post and act like they're worth something. I mean where else would you get your power trip from if not easy prey like me???

You should work for an airline with that attitude.

Here's an idea, post a wiki with your rules. "must be 36 days and 4 hours since the last time someone posted about it." or "must quote original post if you think it's a new round of targeting."

Or are you too lazy to make a wiki and would prefer to berate people? That seems like many people's preferred method here.

I really don't feel like arguing any further. All of you self appointed mods, feel free to attack me. I'm checking out of this thread, no matter how tempting it is to respond.

Thank you all for *kindly* showing me the way of the thread. Seems like one of the worst places on all of DDF tbh.

Peace ️.
The rules are simple. New offers, or newly targeted and no chat. Your post was simply a rehash with no details. No expiration date, no mention if it was newly targeted or a new offer. I'm amazed you take the time to post a rant defending yourself but won't take the time to follow the etiquette of the forum.
I'm sorry I violated your safe space and didn't compliment you in your effort because that's what matters.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline AHB

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12836 on: December 28, 2017, 10:23:15 AM »
pardon my ignorance, but how does one "search" for specific offers on their cards?

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #12837 on: December 28, 2017, 10:23:57 AM »
pardon my ignorance, but how does one "search" for specific offers on their cards?
Ctrl+F

Offline AHB

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12838 on: December 28, 2017, 10:28:10 AM »
oh, lol.  Thought there was a specific web address to enter, like there was with the staples offer a month or so ago.

Thanks.

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
« Reply #12839 on: December 28, 2017, 11:25:55 AM »
oh, lol.  Thought there was a specific web address to enter, like there was with the staples offer a month or so ago.

Thanks.
don't we wish
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...READS THE WIKI!!!