Topic Wiki

When reporting a new offer please post here http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=49544.0

To take advantage of an Amex offer, first save the offer to your card, then do the spending. There are a few ways to save offers to your card; http://www.amexoffers.com/ has links to most of them. Depending on the offer and depending on your Amex card, it may be available via none, one or more than one of these methods:

americanexpress.com web site
Log into the americanexpress.com web site. If you get the new version of the site, scroll down to Amex Offers & Benefits at the bottom of the page. If you get the old version, click the Amex Offers For You tab. You can also see on this web site which offers you already saved (even if you saved them via a method other than this web site) and which offers you already redeemed. This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express.
The maximum number of offer that the site will show you is 100. If you already have 100 available offers, there may be other offers that they are prepared to show you, but are not showing you because you already have the maximum. To see additional offers, save one or more of your available offers and then refresh the list (F5 in most Windows browsers).

Saving an offer on AmericanExpress.com to one of your cards will automatically make it unavailable for the rest of your cards linked to the same login. The way to get around this is by opening all of your cards in separate tabs and then saving the offer in each.  **

**Sign into different tabs?!?
Sign onto your Amex account. card #1 is on the page.  scroll to offers. note a good one. 
Open  tab 2: amex.com (or with Chrome, right click on the first tab and choose Duplicate) > you are already logged in.> go to my accounts > click on card #2  on the top of the page. scroll to offers. check for same good offer. 
Open tab #3. repeat as for tab #2. Repeat as necessary.
THEN: on tab #1 - click 'save' .  Then on tab #2 click 'save' . Then on each tab.
If you so desire: check on each card's 'saved offers' to check that it's there.

This link should take you to the Amex old layout,
which is much easier to scroll down through all the offers.

Amex® Mobile app
This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express. The login is the same as for the americanexpress.com web site.

Dedicated web site for enrollment
Some Amex offers, most notably Small Business Saturday, but also NYC Restaurant Week, Home Depot, Amazon and DirecTV, offer a dedicated web site where you could enter your card information to enroll.

For Bluebird/Serve cards
Amex offers can be saved via the bluebird.com web site. Go to Plan & Manage > Amex Offers. Amex offers can also be saved via the Bluebird mobile app.

For cards not issued by American Express (such as Amex cards issued by Citi, USAA, PenFed, Bank of America, etc.)
Add offers to your card at this site: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html
You will be prompted for your name, card number and email address.
« Last edited by David R on January 23, 2020, 05:47:50 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Offers Discussion Thread  (Read 3478503 times)

Offline Aps

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Offers Discussion Thread
« Reply #14240 on: May 24, 2019, 12:58:40 AM »
The credit posted.
I bought a $25 Sams Club card from samsclub.com, just arrived via UPS (!) today. If I did not have membership, I would have bought from walmart.com.
ETA: Actually, charge is still pending and I did not receive an email that I used the offer, so this does not help you yet. I will have to follow up once the credit posts.

Thanks for the info

Offline jew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14241 on: May 24, 2019, 02:04:29 PM »
I spent $175 and was told that it wasn't eligible and did not receive the 10k points. Anything I did wrong?
BUMP

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #14242 on: May 25, 2019, 06:18:49 PM »
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline David R

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14243 on: May 26, 2019, 02:25:08 AM »
What offer?
AT&T Wireless for Business offer
You gotta follow the conversation.  :)

Offline jew

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14244 on: May 26, 2019, 02:45:40 PM »
Thanks David r  :)

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #14245 on: May 27, 2019, 01:57:17 AM »
You gotta follow the conversation.  :)
Thanks, nothing in the post said AT&T, and the ones above were about Staples and a spend at WMT. :)
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline Thingywingy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #14246 on: June 05, 2019, 07:51:37 PM »
For those with the Staples offer, Staples is has a $15 off $100 coupon (Coupon code: 67914) through 6/8/19.
There are many exceptions though. Post if you see any good uses!

"Valid online at staples.com® only. Excludes Daily Deals and Auto Restock orders. Limit one coupon per customer, nontransferable. Offer is subject to change or cancellation at any time. Minimum purchase requirement must be met with purchases to which no other coupon or instant savings offer applies. Tax and shipping not included in calculating the minimum purchase. Not valid on desktop or laptop computers, tablets, Chromebooks, streaming devices, Amazon products, Apple®, Bose®, Ink & Toner, Epson® EcoTank® printers, Google™ products, HP Instant Ink, JBL®, Samsung®, Staples® Protection & Tech Help, Texas Instruments™ graphing calculators and accessories, Ultimate Ears®, Wacom®, gift cards, phone cards, postage stamps, direct mail services, custom-quoted orders or promotional products. Not valid on prior purchases or purchases made with Staples® Procurement or Convenience Cards. No cash/credit back. Coupon value applied pre-tax. Expires 6/8/19."
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #14247 on: June 06, 2019, 12:58:15 PM »
I gave up on trying to save multiple offers, I saw the Staples offer on 3 cards, so I just saved it on one of the cards. Then while checking the other cards for other offers I saw the Staples offer is till there, saved them and the 3 were all saved.

I am seeing the Staples offer on all AUs (different names) on the account. Saving them doesn't seem to affect other AUs or main cardholder, as offer still available there.

However T&C of the offer state (emphasis added):

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid in-store, via the Staples mobile app and online at Staples.com. Valid at participating locations in US. Not valid on purchases shipped outside of the US. Excludes Quill, Smilemaker, Staples Business Advantage, Staples 4 Government, Staples Toner Services, Staples Technology Solutions, Staples Promotional Products, Staples Print Solutions, Copy and Printing Services, Staples Contract and Commercial, Staples App Center, Staples Industrial, Staples Book Rental, Staples Simplexity, Staples Share Fund, Coastwide Labs, Catalog and Staples Fundraising. Not valid for gift cards in bulk purchases. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.

Does that mean they won't give it on all cards where it was added? Will they claw back? Anyone try this and have any DP of what happens?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Geshmak25

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14248 on: June 06, 2019, 02:03:39 PM »
I am seeing the Staples offer on all AUs (different names) on the account. Saving them doesn't seem to affect other AUs or main cardholder, as offer still available there.

Does that mean they won't give it on all cards where it was added? Will they claw back? Anyone try this and have any DP of what happens?
Each individual ssn (ah + au) can receive the credit once across all amex accounts.
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline tzifanya54

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14249 on: June 06, 2019, 03:41:27 PM »

Afaik the only offer clawback was for the 10% staples. I have done what you describe many times on different offers with no issues.

Offline clockhand

• View Profile
« Reply #14250 on: June 11, 2019, 10:21:03 AM »
Used to have a lot of AUs all under my name / ssn. 
Since amex changed amex offer mid last year? I haven't really refreshed these yet.  Only cancelled all AUs.
Anybody actually made up 99 names/ssns and replenished their amex offer portfolio (per se...)?

now i noticed you cannot make an online account if you activate an account with foreign passport... have to call in...

and looks like amex offer took a big step down.  don't really see that many lucrative ones

Offline tzifanya54

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14251 on: June 13, 2019, 11:32:05 AM »
DETAILS
Get a one-time $40 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $200+ on room rate and room charges at participating properties in the Marriott Bonvoy™ portfolio from 6/13/19 to 9/3/19. Book at marriott.com. See terms for exclusions.
Anyone try egift cards with this and received the email? Did anyone try it with the old offer?

Offline Toasted

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #14252 on: June 18, 2019, 02:57:31 PM »
Any recent dp's if the amex "100 off 400 advertising" offer works for paying off google fi pixel?

Offline normathej

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #14253 on: June 18, 2019, 03:06:10 PM »
Any recent dp's if the amex "100 off 400 advertising" offer works for paying off google fi pixel?

Didn't work for me for purchase of a pixel a few weeks ago.

Offline Toasted

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #14254 on: June 18, 2019, 03:11:36 PM »
Didn't work for me for purchase of a pixel a few weeks ago.

from the t&c
Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 8/13/2019

Hang in there. Unless there's some email you get when you hit the offer.

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #14255 on: June 18, 2019, 04:23:40 PM »
Dead IINM
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Yitzshpitz

• View Profile
« Reply #14256 on: June 21, 2019, 11:47:50 AM »
If I use the Amex offer of 40 off 200 at marriot on a card that I have marriot credit, which one posts first- would I get the Amex offer and then Marriot credit?

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
« Reply #14257 on: June 23, 2019, 12:24:28 PM »

Each individual ssn (ah + au) can receive the credit once across all amex accounts.
I wasn't following the story when the whole new Amex AU thing blew up...Is that the consensus that each AU can get an offer but only one CC per person/AU?
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline Muhammad

• View Profile
« Reply #14258 on: June 26, 2019, 03:12:18 PM »
I wasn't following the story when the whole new Amex AU thing blew up...Is that the consensus that each AU can get an offer but only one CC per person/AU?
yes

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
« Reply #14259 on: June 26, 2019, 05:05:57 PM »