Topic Wiki

When reporting a new offer please post here http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=49544.0

To take advantage of an Amex offer, first save the offer to your card, then do the spending. There are a few ways to save offers to your card; http://www.amexoffers.com/ has links to most of them. Depending on the offer and depending on your Amex card, it may be available via none, one or more than one of these methods:

americanexpress.com web site
Log into the americanexpress.com web site. If you get the new version of the site, scroll down to Amex Offers & Benefits at the bottom of the page. If you get the old version, click the Amex Offers For You tab. You can also see on this web site which offers you already saved (even if you saved them via a method other than this web site) and which offers you already redeemed. This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express.
The maximum number of offer that the site will show you is 100. If you already have 100 available offers, there may be other offers that they are prepared to show you, but are not showing you because you already have the maximum. To see additional offers, save one or more of your available offers and then refresh the list (F5 in most Windows browsers).

Saving an offer on AmericanExpress.com to one of your cards will automatically make it unavailable for the rest of your cards linked to the same login. The way to get around this is by opening all of your cards in separate tabs and then saving the offer in each.  **

**Sign into different tabs?!?
Sign onto your Amex account. card #1 is on the page.  scroll to offers. note a good one. 
Open  tab 2: amex.com (or with Chrome, right click on the first tab and choose Duplicate) > you are already logged in.> go to my accounts > click on card #2  on the top of the page. scroll to offers. check for same good offer. 
Open tab #3. repeat as for tab #2. Repeat as necessary.
THEN: on tab #1 - click 'save' .  Then on tab #2 click 'save' . Then on each tab.
If you so desire: check on each card's 'saved offers' to check that it's there.

This link should take you to the Amex old layout,
which is much easier to scroll down through all the offers.

Amex® Mobile app
This method is only available for Amex credit and charge cards issued by American Express. The login is the same as for the americanexpress.com web site.

Dedicated web site for enrollment
Some Amex offers, most notably Small Business Saturday, but also NYC Restaurant Week, Home Depot, Amazon and DirecTV, offer a dedicated web site where you could enter your card information to enroll.

For Bluebird/Serve cards
Amex offers can be saved via the bluebird.com web site. Go to Plan & Manage > Amex Offers. Amex offers can also be saved via the Bluebird mobile app.

For cards not issued by American Express (such as Amex cards issued by Citi, USAA, PenFed, Bank of America, etc.)
Add offers to your card at this site: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html
You will be prompted for your name, card number and email address.
« Last edited by David R on January 23, 2020, 05:47:50 PM »

Author Topic: Amex Offers Discussion Thread  (Read 3506713 times)

Offline mama_mia

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Amex Offers Master Thread
« Reply #3320 on: December 12, 2014, 04:23:25 AM »
asking random question....
always hear people saying:"post it to the wiki" what does that mean which wiki?

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: December 12, 2014, 04:26:57 AM »
asking random question....
always hear people saying:"post it to the wiki" what does that mean which wiki?
On top of this thread.
Some threads have a wiki to help explain or rules how to do it.

Offline princea143

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: December 12, 2014, 06:00:45 AM »
I was at 2 staples stores the evening of 12/11 with 11 amex cards with the amex offers attached to them and to stack with a $15 rebate for purchases of $100 or more of the three types of GCs. 1st store went well. I bought 5 X $200 VGCs and split payments for each one with 2 amex cards for $103 & $103.95.

I decided to go to another staples (after running other errands) and buy 2X $200 and split payment with my last amex card and the rest on my Ink for deal maximization. Told cashier to split payment with $100 on amex and the rest on ink. She was talking so much she charged everything on my amex card! She apologized profusely and said she'd fix it with a manager's help. Manager comes up and says that it can't be reversed because they were gift cards. .
Called amex and they said that consumers have the right to return something they don't want charged on their account especially on the spot even with cash equivalents and that they would handle the situation once the charge posts.
I was wondering how I should handle this because I don't want to be possibly banned or flagged by that store or staples. I am willing to get a full refund and return the products and do what was intended. The thing is that the $15 rebate promo ends 12/13 and I don't know if there's enough time to wait for the pending charge to post and have it reversed and then return and repurchase for the $313.90X5 UR and 1% back from visa savings on my ink as intended. Worth it to pursue?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: December 12, 2014, 07:22:24 AM »
Anyone try buying Hyatt GCs from Hyatt Place yet?
Will be at one this weekend. Do I add them to the bill or purchase separately.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline yos9694

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: December 12, 2014, 07:46:23 AM »
I was at 2 staples stores the evening of 12/11 with 11 amex cards with the amex offers attached to them and to stack with a $15 rebate for purchases of $100 or more of the three types of GCs. 1st store went well. I bought 5 X $200 VGCs and split payments for each one with 2 amex cards for $103 & $103.95.

I decided to go to another staples (after running other errands) and buy 2X $200 and split payment with my last amex card and the rest on my Ink for deal maximization. Told cashier to split payment with $100 on amex and the rest on ink. She was talking so much she charged everything on my amex card! She apologized profusely and said she'd fix it with a manager's help. Manager comes up and says that it can't be reversed because they were gift cards. .
Called amex and they said that consumers have the right to return something they don't want charged on their account especially on the spot even with cash equivalents and that they would handle the situation once the charge posts.
I was wondering how I should handle this because I don't want to be possibly banned or flagged by that store or staples. I am willing to get a full refund and return the products and do what was intended. The thing is that the $15 rebate promo ends 12/13 and I don't know if there's enough time to wait for the pending charge to post and have it reversed and then return and repurchase for the $313.90X5 UR and 1% back from visa savings on my ink as intended. Worth it to pursue?

OMG please let it go. You win some you lose some. I'm not exactly one of tbe DDF Board members but that's one man's opinion.

Online bznt

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: December 12, 2014, 08:22:22 AM »
awesome it worked fine great! thank you
And for the cards that you "goofed off" the Walmart offer. You can still add it via Twitter

Offline princea143

• View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: December 12, 2014, 09:33:52 AM »

OMG please let it go. You win some you lose some. I'm not exactly one of tbe DDF Board members but that's one man's opinion.
Yah. I thought about it. Probably not worth the time and effort. I'm out about $26 from the cashier's mistake, but on the bright side, I'd net about $336 after rebate and got 8 reams of paper for a penny a piece after rebate. I'd say that's a win.
Just wondering what everyone else thought as I've read people pursuing for $10 in the past.

Offline karen

• View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: December 12, 2014, 09:58:19 AM »

It happened to me a couple times in different staple stores. There are nothing the store managers can do. Just let go.

Offline E R K

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: December 12, 2014, 10:17:20 AM »
Yea, it's really gone. I guess I goofed, but I could have sworn it was 2 different cards...
Happened to me with amazon offer. I thought I had 2 different cards open and after I realized I had same card opened twice.

Offline Alexsei

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
« Reply #3329 on: December 12, 2014, 01:12:08 PM »
Enroll your Amex EveryDaySM Preferred Card

and get 2X Membership Rewards® points for eligible purchases made at qualifying small business locations shown on the Shop Small® Map, once you enroll through January 31, 2015. 2X points received from this offer will be excluded from the Amex EveryDay Card 50% extra points calculation. See below for terms and limitations.*
Terms & Conditions
Enrollment:
To qualify for the Amex EveryDay 2x Shop Small® Offer, you must enroll your eligible Amex EveryDaySM or Amex EveryDay PreferredSM Card at www.americanexpress.com/ShopSmallEveryDay or by calling 1-800-794-1308 and using the code 212012401. Enrollment opens at 12:01 A.M. MST ("Mountain Standard Time") on November 30, 2014 and will continue until 11:59 P.M. MST on January 31, 2015. Enrollment for this offer is separate from the November 29, 2014 Small Business Saturday offer.

Offer Basics:
Enrolled Card Members will earn 1 additional Membership Rewards® point (for a total of 2 points) for each dollar of eligible purchases made in-store at qualifying small business locations from the date you enroll through January 31, 2015 (the "Promotional Period"). Additional Membership Rewards points will be awarded within eight weeks after this promotion ends on January 31, 2015. Fulfillment timing may vary by merchant.

Qualifying Small Business Locations:
Qualifying small business locations appear on the Shop Small® Map available at www.ShopSmallNow.com. Transactions at gas or service stations or with political campaigns or political action committees do not qualify, regardless of whether they appear on the Shop Small® Map. Business location and other information provided on the Shop Small Map may contain inaccuracies or errors, including as a result of information provided by third parties.

Eligible Purchases:
Purchases made prior to the date the Card is enrolled will not qualify for additional points. Eligible purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card account. If American Express does not receive information that identifies a transaction as having occurred in-store at a qualifying small business location during the Promotional Period, the transaction will not qualify for additional points. Your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive additional points if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it.

How the Offer Works with Amex EveryDay Benefits:
The additional points awarded under this 2x Shop Small® offer will not be included when we calculate the 20% and 50% extra points benefit for Amex EveryDay Card products. For each dollar of purchases made during the Promotional Period at US Supermarkets that are also qualifying small business locations, enrolled Card Members will earn 1 additional Membership Reward point for each dollar of eligible purchases (for a total of 3 points for Amex EveryDay Cards, and 4 points for Amex EveryDay Preferred Cards). Purchases made at US gas stations do not qualify for additional points for this offer regardless of whether they appear on the Shop Small® Map.

So for grocery purchases on everyday preferred at a eligible store you get 0.5pt less correct?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 01:16:31 PM by Alexsei »
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3330 on: December 12, 2014, 03:06:30 PM »
Enroll your Amex EveryDaySM Preferred Card

and get 2X Membership Rewards® points for eligible purchases made at qualifying small business locations shown on the Shop Small® Map, once you enroll through January 31, 2015. 2X points received from this offer will be excluded from the Amex EveryDay Card 50% extra points calculation. See below for terms and limitations.*
So for grocery purchases on everyday preferred at a eligible store you get 0.5pt less correct?
Correct #Fail
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yos9694

• View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: December 12, 2014, 03:50:24 PM »
Dan -Thanks for the idea about getting Hyatt Place GC to pay for heli ride on Kauai- brilliant! Is that somethink I can do even if I'm not staying at GHK? Do they ever run out of tickets at the hotel or am i sure to be able to buy one if I'm a little flexible about days?

Offline zer0k1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: December 12, 2014, 03:58:06 PM »
can I get $10 credit from uber gift card purchase per supplementary serve card?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 04:10:49 PM by zer0k1 »

Offline David R

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: December 13, 2014, 07:45:18 PM »

If AmEx said they will handle it, why wait for the charge to post and be reversed? If your Staples is still open, just go back and buy the two $200 cards and pay $100 with AmEx and the rest with Ink like you originally intended. Why should Staples ban you for their own error? As long as, after taking returns into account, you bought the required items for the $15 rebate, you'll get your rebate card.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 07:49:20 PM by David R »

Offline karen

• View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: December 13, 2014, 10:34:54 PM »
For zappos offer, does egc count for amex promotion? Thanks!

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #3335 on: December 13, 2014, 10:45:11 PM »
Someone just reported upthread that it works.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: December 13, 2014, 10:49:56 PM »
I order regular GC and it worked
Egc are restricted to the email they were sent to
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline karen

• View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: December 13, 2014, 10:52:33 PM »
I order regular GC and it worked
Egc are restricted to the email they were sent to
Restricted to email they were sent to, what does that mean? Do I have to get
get email from somewhere?

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: December 13, 2014, 10:55:22 PM »
Restricted to email they were sent to, what does that mean? Do I have to get
get email from somewhere?
They send it to you in an email and if you want to use it you must order with that email address
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline duddys

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: December 13, 2014, 10:56:26 PM »
I got $5 off $30 at shell gas stations offers on both Amex cards