Author Topic: Apple trade in  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Muhammad

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Apple trade in
« on: April 18, 2020, 09:39:53 PM »
Has anyone ever done an apple trade in online?
I would like to trade in 2 iphones (I was told that it’s possible to do so in store however that’s not possible right now) so I was wondering if I order one do the regular trade in process and then return it and do it again...
If someone knows or has done this in the past I would appreciate any leads.
Thanks!

I remember seeing somewhere on DDF that a member once did something similar, however I cannot find it....

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
Re: Apple trade in
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 04:31:42 PM »
I currently have an iphone X, there's nothing wrong with it per se but it's only getting older. I see that I can currently trade it in for the latest and greatest 13 and my monthly payments would be a grand total of $0. I would only have to pay $69 tax upfront and that's it. I re-did the order all the way to last step before I click submit a few times just to make sure everything was correct and each time it says my monthly total is $0 and my "due today" is $69 and that the monthly credits will kick-in in 1-3 months.

Nothing is free, ever, so what am I missing here?
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 05:01:19 PM »
I currently have an iphone X, there's nothing wrong with it per se but it's only getting older. I see that I can currently trade it in for the latest and greatest 13 and my monthly payments would be a grand total of $0. I would only have to pay $69 tax upfront and that's it. I re-did the order all the way to last step before I click submit a few times just to make sure everything was correct and each time it says my monthly total is $0 and my "due today" is $69 and that the monthly credits will kick-in in 1-3 months.

Maybe you would be locked in to carrier for 24-36 months? (You get charged ~$50/mo for the phone and and an equal credit so long as you're subscribed)
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Yo ssi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 05:09:43 PM »

Which company?
No "new line required"?
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline yeshivabucher

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 05:45:03 PM »
Which company?
No "new line required"?
att has the same deal without new lone

Offline stooges44

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 06:51:32 PM »
att has the same deal without new lone

Yup, I'm referring to ATT, so what's the catch?

NEW AND EXISTING CUSTOMERS CAN GET UP TO $800 OFF ELIGIBLE SMARTPHONES

†5G req’s compatible plan. 5G may not be in your area. See att.com/5Gforyou for 5G coverage details.
Limited time offer.

You'll need to:

Purchase an eligible smartphone on a qualifying installment agreement, including taxes on full retail price (up front) and $30 activation/upgrade fee.
Activate/keep postpaid unlimited voice & data wireless service (min. $75/mo. for new unlimited customers before discounts). AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds if the network is busy.
Trade-in an eligible smartphone in good working condition within 30 days of activation.

Then you'll get:

Up to $800 in bill credits with smartphone trade-in value of $95 or higher
Up to $350 in bill credits with smartphone trade-in value of $35 to $94

Important notes:

Credits start within 3 bills after trade-in is completed and will be applied in equal amounts over the term of installment agreement. You will receive catch-up credits once bill credits start. Credit will not exceed the lower of the device cost or the max credit amount as defined above.
If you cancel wireless service, your credits will end and you'll owe the remaining balance on the installment agreement for the device purchased.
For new lines, if you cancel service on any other line on your account within 90 days of activating the line under this offer, device credits will stop.
If buying on the AT&T Installment Plan with Next Up, customer is responsible and will not receive any credits for the additional $5/mo. Next Up upgrade feature.
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline yeshivabucher

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 06:54:40 PM »
You are locked in for the next 30 months that's all nothing crazy my current note 20 is the same deal

Offline shmebeble

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2021, 08:51:11 PM »

they basically charge you 1/30 cost of phone every month and then give you corresponding credit. But if you cancel service/ want to get rid of the phone within 30 months you owe remaining amount on the phone.
I did this with my X for the iphone 12 a few months ago but only got $550 off the cost. This is a very good deal they are all offering now.