Author Topic: Amex Clawing Back the Dell Credit on Business Platinum to Adjust for Amex Offer  (Read 5485 times)

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Time to short AMEX stuck. It’s one thing to root out abuse; it’s another to be needlessly petty with what they are marketing as a a premium product. Next thing you know they will clawback the 20% MR discount that stacked with the sale prices last holiday season.
Yea, I don't think you know how the stock market works.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
...we know they they're pretty good at what they do.
I just spit out my pop. That is to funny.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Yea, I don't think you know how the stock market works.

The stock market tends to focus on metrics such as customer retention and year-over-year revenue growth, not just profitability, pricing stocks accordingly . On AMEX’s current trajectory they are likely going to start alienating some of their customer base, resulting in some customers shifting their business to other banks. If this happens Amex’s financials will be negatively impacted and would  be reflected in the stock price going forward.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
@Dan you might want to update the MS.
   Seems everyone will be getting a 10$ clawback or was it only this one guy who got lucky?

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-clawing-back-prorating-the-dell-credit-on-business-platinum-to-adjust-for-amex-offer-discount/#comment-835678
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
@Dan you might want to update the MS.
   Seems everyone will be getting a 10$ clawback or was it only this one guy who got lucky?

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-clawing-back-prorating-the-dell-credit-on-business-platinum-to-adjust-for-amex-offer-discount/#comment-835678
I don't think that's accurate.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
I just spit out my pop. That is to funny.
They stopped the bleeding (and boy were they bleeding,) and that's what they were created to do. I'm not saying that there aren't still things they could do but they've definitely earned their paychecks with the amount of money they've saved amex.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
They stopped the bleeding (and boy were they bleeding,)
They are still bleeding massively.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
The stock market tends to focus on metrics such as customer retention and year-over-year revenue growth, not just profitability, pricing stocks accordingly . On AMEX’s current trajectory they are likely going to start alienating some of their customer base, resulting in some customers shifting their business to other banks. If this happens Amex’s financials will be negatively impacted and would  be reflected in the stock price going forward.
I think. You overestimate the percentage of Amex's customer base that is both, affected by and will change their habits, because of something like this.

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
I feel bad for those with closed cards. They can end up with late payments showing on their CR and not even know it.
This happened to me with the Staples offer fiasco. I managed to somehow get them to take it off my CR.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
This happened to me with the Staples offer fiasco. I managed to somehow get them to take it off my CR.
Glad it worked out for you but others won't be so lucky.

Offline aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Any recent reports of this,  wondering if issue if need to spend less than 220 ..