Author Topic: PSA: Chase Seems To Be Tightening Small Business Credit Card Applications  (Read 11151 times)

Offline TheDroid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Damn. Who knew a couple of CC apps can start such a fight

Welcome to America, land of the free home of the brave.  :D

Online Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
I never said you need money in the bank. Go read my comments again, without your biased mindset, word by word. (basic comprehensive reading skills required)
You have better chance if you have some money in CHASE accounts. How much I don't know. I would try 10k avg balance for a month.
Let me help some more with your bias, just because you want to see approvals you are looking for reasons to get approved. Myself and @El Capitan is showing reasons you don't get approve, which is not the opposite of reasons to get approved. Did you even care to read the reasons why people got rejected in the past 8 weeks, if you do some research then you should see people got rejected for the same reason as @El Capitan for a business card.

I and my father was approved last week (personal). again there is no recent DP of anyone being approved for a chase biz card so don't give anyone hope for a miracle and a wasted HP.  why you and @El Capitan was declined does not have to do with having cash in the bank its the most ridicules thing i heard.

Better yet, do you EVER see any bank giving you a reason for your approval.
Have you ever seen "Congratulations you FICO is above 700 and your loan history falls into the 90th percentile of our risk assessment based on your established credit history with us and your deposit and investment exceeds $5000 which is higher than our mean AUM for the business your size."
What is this have to do with chase not approving biz cards??

Like I said earlier If you are greedy for information and too lazy to fact check, it's on you. But please don't try to force your bias into others, especially if you don't even do fact checking at all.
I am just trying to prevent anyone for falling for your BS nothing greedy my friend :)

Offline justmeha

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Have you tried lately? @Dan
The only reason I ask because you have what I consider a real business.
does it make a difference if it is a sole prop or a real ein?
No.
It seems that @Dan  doesn’t think it will make a difference

Offline El Capitan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Haha I wish!
Ok I think @Joel2  and @TheDroid both need to seriously chill
Although I must say I do apologize for asking what was clearly a dumb question and I should have read again before I asked
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 02:50:08 PM by El Capitan »
Still looking for a good MS method :)

Offline TheDroid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
And when I thought I was going to let this go. One Last time.....

I never said you need money in the bank. Go read my comments again, without your biased mindset, word by word. (basic comprehensive reading skills required)

You have better chance if you have some money in CHASE accounts. How much I don't know. I would try 10k avg balance for a month.

Like I warned word by word, basic comprehensive reading skills required

I and my father was approved last week (personal). again there is no recent DP of anyone being approved for a chase biz card so don't give anyone hope for a miracle and a wasted HP.  why you and @El Capitan was declined does not have to do with having cash in the bank its the most ridicules thing i heard.

What is this have to do with chase not approving biz cards??

I am just trying to prevent anyone for falling for your BS nothing greedy my friend :)

While I appreciate your concern and warning for other people (I do too), you do need some basic comprehensive reading skills. (Unless I'm replying to a 14 year old)

No one is convinced or trying to convince you need money to get approve. From the banks letter it tells how people got rejected for lack of money. It doesn't tell how to get approved at all.
Again, basic comprehensive reading skills will tell you reason to get rejected is not the opposite of reason to get approved.

Your original link already provided DP for reasons people got rejected. If you even care to read it (of fact check even from this site), it supports all my points.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-seems-to-be-tightening-small-business-credi
Like I said for the 3rd time. If you are greedy for information and too lazy to fact check, it's on you. But please don't try to force your bias into others, especially if you don't even do fact checking at all. Your own link says enough.

Neither anyone should imply that getting approved for personal is equal to getting approved for business card. But I feel you are logic might mislead you to think otherwise.
If if you can't even understand my sarcasm of ever seeing any bank giving you a reason for your approval, you probably do need some comprehensive reading skills.

Hopefully when you grow up you can understand this better. I have provided enough on my side, if you think its BS then it's fine by me and all on you.

Ok I think @Joel2  and @TheDroid both need to seriously chill
Although I must say I do apologize for asking what was clearly a dumb question and I should have read again before I asked
Please don't apologize, you did nothing wrong. It's my bad to present facts with someone who is too blindly biased and have weird logic.
The DP as of now is barely anyone got approved for the business card.
The DP is lacking now is why the huge rejects? Or with comprehensive reading skills, can we really trust what CHASE tell us about deposits or they just reject everyone with lame excuse.
The DP we should be looking for is people with 50-100k invested with them for at least 6 months if they got rejected or approved.

Online Joel

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
I am confused is it 10k or 50k? ::)
The DP we should be looking for is people with 50-100k invested with them for at least 6 months if they got rejected or approved.
No point in arguing if you need 50k or a million... 
Chase business approvals are extremely tough now. GL.

Online Joel

• View Profile
Your original link already provided DP for reasons people got rejected. If you even care to read it (of fact check even from this site), it supports all my points.Like I said for the 3rd time. If you are greedy for information and too lazy to fact check, it's on you. But please don't try to force your bias into others, especially if you don't even do fact checking at all. Your own link says enough.
Well after reading some recent DPs on Doc it seems like your even more wrong..
60K did not help this guy..
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-seems-to-be-tightening-small-business-credit-card-application/#comment-983543

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Credit is tightening. I'm not sure why it's only business card applications at this point (maybe fear of businesses going belly up). But there's definitely also tightening in the mortgage market:

https://twitter.com/DiMartinoBooth/status/1269682146127613952
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Credit is tightening. I'm not sure why it's only business card applications at this point (maybe fear of businesses going belly up).
Businesses are all a major delinquency risk factor right now.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®

Indeed. OTOH quite a few individuals I know have lots of extra liquidity and actual $$$ as a result of various stimulus programs and the CARES act. The question is how long will that last for the individuals, hence the tightening on the mortgage side.
-- Dan

Offline joey89

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Nope, have way too many Chase business cards open right now.
Tried for Citi AA Biz and was rejected as my wife has one for the same business.

So it’s one per business and per person? Or can you get multiple of the same Citi cards for different businesses?

Offline Baglach

• View Profile
Was waiting to get the ink for a while just got out of 5/24, any point in trying with legit business (EIN) and my personal score is over 800?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Was waiting to get the ink for a while just got out of 5/24, any point in trying with legit business (EIN) and my personal score is over 800?
Nope. They're not approving business cards now. And I don't see that changing this year.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
Nope. They're not approving business cards now. And I don't see that changing this year.

Would that be a reason not to shut down an Ink Plus that just got billed for an AF?

Also, if they're not approving business cards, why do they have the applications active online?
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Would that be a reason not to shut down an Ink Plus that just got billed for an AF?

Also, if they're not approving business cards, why do they have the applications active online?
You can always downgrade to a no-AF, though you can't get IP back again.
They took regular applications offline and require logging in. I'm not saying an approval is impossible, only that for 99.9% of people it will be impossible.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
You can always downgrade to a no-AF, though you can't get IP back again.
They took regular applications offline and require logging in. I'm not saying an approval is impossible, only that for 99.9% of people it will be impossible.

Any point in downgrading to another no-AF ink (I already have 2) rather than just consolidating? What's the advantage of the Ink Plus over the current Ink offerings?
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Any point in downgrading to another no-AF ink (I already have 2) rather than just consolidating? What's the advantage of the Ink Plus over the current Ink offerings?
1. Which Inks do you have?
2. No forex, higher 5x limit, different categories.

Offline justmeha

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
i wouldn't

Offline fresar

• View Profile
I got approved today for a chase ink card.

Online Joel

• View Profile
I got approved today for a chase ink card.
Nice! Do you mind sharing the details
Which card?
Real business? Or sole prop
Age of business?
Reported income?
Your history with chase