Author Topic: Compliant weddings  (Read 15024 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Compliant weddings
« on: April 19, 2020, 01:56:10 AM »
Dear BMG Friends, Talmidim and Parents,

As we shared in our previous update, we were working on a way for our Kehilla to hold Covid-19 compliant Chasunos. We are pleased that the authorities charged with Covid-19 enforcement have approved a model and venue for weddings that is 100% compliant with the State of NJ social distancing regulations. 

The venue will be available starting this Sunday and will initially run through to Rosh Chodesh and will then resume from Lag B’Omer. The approved location is at Ateres Reva and access to the site will be restricted by law enforcement. Chasunos will be permitted, beginning with a very small Covid-19 regulations compliant religious ceremony, followed by a Covid-19 compliant dinner, with a 1 man band, fresh florist, catered compliant Seuda for parents and immediate siblings, photographer and video.  

There will be limited ability for relatives/ friends to wish Mazel Tov from their cars after the Seuda. That car entry will be via placards given at the gate of Ateres Reva that will allow access to the parking lot (no building entry will be permitted under any circumstances for the Mazel Tovs). No one granted entry to the “Mazel Tov” part of the event will be allowed to leave their cars. All Chasunos will be allocated a 2 hour window time slot from start to finish. For information please contact Mr. Bentzi Inzelbuch at or by email at 

May we see a quick end to the Mageifah and Refuos and Yeshuos for all,

Rabbi Aaron Kotler

President and Chief Executive Officer

Beth Medrash Govoha

Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline herb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Compliant weddings
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 02:24:05 AM »
how long does everyone think it will take for weddings to return to normal?

Offline yeshivabucher

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 02:26:20 AM »
mine is planned for mid june hopefully by then

Offline Shmobaum

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National EE, Hertz Presidential, Marriott Gold Elite, Daf Yomi Presidential Platinum Premier
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 02:29:25 AM »
I think there’s a special thread dedicated to your question

Offline SamCan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 03:53:38 AM »

These are normal,  the weddings that we had up until now were not.

Offline herb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 04:00:34 AM »

These are normal,  the weddings that we had up until now were not.
immediate siblings and that's it? i agree that many things about our weddings got out of hand but not to have basic friends and family?!

Offline SamCan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 04:03:28 AM »
immediate siblings and that's it? i agree that many things about our weddings got out of hand but not to have basic friends and family?!

No I don’t mean it all the way,, I’m saying that now is closer to normal, than what we used to have.

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2020, 04:09:18 AM »

As we shared in our previous update, we were working on a way for our Kehilla to hold Covid-19 compliant Chasunos. We are pleased that the authorities charged with Covid-19 enforcement have approved a model and venue for weddings that is 100% compliant with the State of NJ social distancing regulations.

The venue will be available starting this Sunday and will initially run through to Rosh Chodesh and will then resume from Lag B’Omer. The approved location is at Ateres Reva and access to the site will be restricted by law enforcement. Chasunos will be permitted, beginning with a very small Covid-19 regulations compliant religious ceremony, followed by a Covid-19 compliant dinner, with a 1 man band, fresh florist, catered compliant Seuda for parents and immediate siblings, photographer and video. 

There will be limited ability for relatives/ friends to wish Mazel Tov from their cars after the Seuda. That car entry will be via placards given at the gate of Ateres Reva that will allow access to the parking lot (no building entry will be permitted under any circumstances for the Mazel Tovs). No one granted entry to the “Mazel Tov” part of the event will be allowed to leave their cars. All Chasunos will be allocated a 2 hour window time slot from start to finish. For information please contact Mr. Bentzi Inzelbuch at or by email at

Rabbi Aaron Kotler

Beth Medrash Govoha

Although far from "normal" nice that it's at least not in a backyard etc.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2020, 09:53:57 AM »

No I don’t mean it all the way,, I’m saying that now is closer to normal, than what we used to have.
+1000
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2020, 10:00:17 AM »
mine is planned for mid june hopefully by then
I hope you are right but it is a 100 to 1 shot.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2020, 10:48:29 AM »
Although far from "normal" nice that it's at least not in a backyard etc.
Whats wrong with backyard weddings, other than aiva issues at this point?
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2020, 10:51:43 AM »
Well wouldnt you know, you can get married without them. And the kiddushin is valid. And they can actually live life normally without it. I always look back to my grandparents wedding in 1950. My grandmother and her sister got married on the same day and shared the same dress. If that was good enough for her back then i dont see why these minimized weddings cant be good enough now. I didnt know this fact until about 3 years ago. 
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline dealfinder11

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2020, 10:55:07 AM »

Not basing this number on a whole lot but I’d had to guess would say 6 months. Even as things start to open up, there will be occupancy restrictions for the foreseeable future. Don’t see the government allowing gatherings of more than 50 people until a lot of things fall into place. Especially a wedding type event (mingling, alcohol, dancing etc.)

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2020, 10:58:50 AM »
I for one cant see myself holding anyones hand and dancing for a long long time. Gloves and masks probably gonna be standard fare at weddings for a while too. I cant wait to marry off my kids in this environment. Small affordable intimate weddings are the way to go.

Offline ari3

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2020, 02:53:50 PM »

As we shared in our previous update, we were working on a way for our Kehilla to hold Covid-19 compliant Chasunos. We are pleased that the authorities charged with Covid-19 enforcement have approved a model and venue for weddings that is 100% compliant with the State of NJ social distancing regulations.

The venue will be available starting this Sunday and will initially run through to Rosh Chodesh and will then resume from Lag B’Omer. The approved location is at Ateres Reva and access to the site will be restricted by law enforcement. Chasunos will be permitted, beginning with a very small Covid-19 regulations compliant religious ceremony, followed by a Covid-19 compliant dinner, with a 1 man band, fresh florist, catered compliant Seuda for parents and immediate siblings, photographer and video. 

There will be limited ability for relatives/ friends to wish Mazel Tov from their cars after the Seuda. That car entry will be via placards given at the gate of Ateres Reva that will allow access to the parking lot (no building entry will be permitted under any circumstances for the Mazel Tovs). No one granted entry to the “Mazel Tov” part of the event will be allowed to leave their cars. All Chasunos will be allocated a 2 hour window time slot from start to finish. For information please contact Mr. Bentzi Inzelbuch at or by email at

Rabbi Aaron Kotler

Beth Medrash Govoha

That's very nice to be able to do the wedding in a bakovidike oifen instead of a backyard.

How is this going to be able to be compliant? Even just the people listed will usually be way above current regulations.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2020, 02:59:30 PM »
That's very nice to be able to do the wedding in a bakovidike oifen instead of a backyard.

How is this going to be able to be compliant? Even just the people listed will usually be way above current regulations.
Maybe just me, but having a backyard wedding for immediate family sounds better than having 10 people in a massive empty hall.
Depends on the backyard I suppose.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yeshivabucher

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2020, 03:00:55 PM »
Maybe just me, but having a backyard wedding for immediate family sounds better than having 10 people in a massive empty hall.
yeah, i live in brooklyn no such thing as a backyard ;)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2020, 03:06:34 PM »
yeah, i live in brooklyn no such thing as a backyard ;)
Destination wedding, find an Airbnb with a backyard :D
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2020, 03:17:33 PM »
What is the cost for these weddings?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2020, 03:23:21 PM »
+1
And much calmer than having police and others dictating what you can do and when you should do it with 2 hour slots etc.