Author Topic: T-Mobile 50% off next three months with Stay Connected Discount  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Elelem

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
I bumped into this by calling T-Mobile about an issue last night... And they said they are now offering this discount: They will discount my next three billing cycles 50% if I agree to them capping my date at 3gb per line per month.
Again- that is a cap, not a throttle! Meaning after 3gb of data usage (obviously wifi excluded), the internet gets shut off completely. Some thought it means it gets "throttled" aka "slowed down" to 2g or 3g after using 3gb of 4glte , but it's not true. It will shut off if the line exceeds 3gb of usage.
You can purchase an extra 1gb for $5 (total 4gb to use for the month), or 2gb extra for $10 (total 5gb), or 3gb for $15 (total 6gb), but you can't purchase more than 3gb extra.

Here is the follow-up email I got from rep
ivislady.lujan@t-mobile.com:

The Stay Connected discount provides temporary pricing relief to our customers who are experiencing financial strain in times of economic hardship and uncertainty. We are offering impacted customers discount on their current voice plan of 50% off their GSM lines for the three bill cycles. Customers will receive 3GB capped data while receiving the discount. . Customer must switch to the 3GB capped data plan on all voice lines on the account. We will also have additional data buckets available for purchase.
Stay Connected Data 4GB Cap - $5 after discount
Stay Connected Data 5GB Cap - $10 after discount
Stay Connected Data 6GB Cap - $15 after discount
NOTE: These optional data plans are not in addition to the 3GB capped data.
The 20GB 60-day HotSpot (20GBHS60D) plan is not compatible with Stay Connected discount. Unlimited Data to all customers also is not compatible with the Stay Connected discount.

Offline Elelem

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: T-Mobile 50% off next three months with Stay Connected Discount
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 12:18:27 PM »
Update: as of yesterday, some reps seem to be experiencing an issue where when they apply this discount to a customer, the customer's data shuts off completely in which case the customer would have to contact T-Mobile and get them to put the data back on.
Either way, for people that will be on wifi most of the time and will be able to maintain within the 3gb (or 4,5,6 gb if you purchased more), this can save you.

While you can purchase up to 3gb additional for some lines, and keep other lines at the allotted 3gb data, you can't though use this discount for some lines, and keep other lines with unlimited data etc. All lines must have this 3gb capped data applied, and then you can purchase the additional up to 3gb data individually.

Offline ae123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 03:04:43 PM »
Is this discount for T-Mobile prepaid too?

Offline mendy613

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 04:13:20 PM »
Would do it if the data was throttled and not shut off, smart of them i guess