Author Topic: Denmark and Sweden: An apples to apples comparison  (Read 15057 times)

Online Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: Denmark and Sweden: An apples to apples comparison
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2020, 11:35:57 AM »
Maybe your assumptions are wrong?

You quoted a section of my answer that I'm most confident in, but I'm going to assume your question was on the entire post.

Here's one thing I know. Every day, multiple times a day, we find out something new about this virus. The virus lives longer in the eyes than the nasal passage, the virus lives in testicles, the virus (or some treatments?) causes blood clots, the virus affects children, and on and on.

Here's another thing I know. This virus is possibly the deadliest thing we've seen in the lifetime of anyone currently alive.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this thing is a flash in the pan with minimal short-term repercussions other than massive loss of life and zero long term effects. You're a betting man. Are you rolling those dice?
Please wear a mask.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2020, 11:42:19 AM »
You quoted a section of my answer that I'm most confident in, but I'm going to assume your question was on the entire post.
Your assumption is wrong. That is why I don't quote whole posts.
You're so far up Trump's a** you can see Giuliani's feet.  HT Baruch

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2020, 11:46:36 AM »
I think the whole premise is faulty here. When you are dealing with numbers so minuscule (a potential .01% shift in the death rate) there are so many factors that come into play that can result in a much larger impact on those numbers both good or bad that it makes little sense to plan policy hyper focused  on one set of numbers.

Where are your getting that number from? This virus has the potential to kill more per day people than every other cause of death combined, as it has already been doing in several places that were slow and hit hard. That’s a 100% increase, certainly not .01 or anything minuscule.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Online Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2020, 11:49:49 AM »
Your assumption is wrong. That is why I don't quote whole posts.

I'm not sure what part of the quote is an assumption. That exposing everyone to the illness will cause a pandemic? We're already there by every measure of the term, and that's without full exposure of the masses.
Please wear a mask.

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2020, 12:00:41 PM »
I'm not sure what part of the quote is an assumption. That exposing everyone to the illness will cause a pandemic? We're already there by every measure of the term, and that's without full exposure of the masses.
If everyone is exposed, or more specifically everyone under the age of 50 who isn't immunocompromised we can assume there is herd immunity. Saying to assume otherwise is borderline conspiracy theory.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Online Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2020, 12:07:13 PM »
If everyone is exposed, or more specifically everyone under the age of 50 who isn't immunocompromised we can assume there is herd immunity. Saying to assume otherwise is borderline conspiracy theory.

A) You're saying post-pandemic.

B) False. We have no idea about the immunity of anyone who had it already, let alone was just exposed. That's not a conspiracy theory, it's scientific fact. It's unknown.
Please wear a mask.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2020, 12:11:45 PM »
Why is it borderline conspiracy theory? Has every virus/illness in history immunized those infected? For how long?

Flu immunity starts to wear off after approximately 6 months. Imagine if every single flu season we let everyone get it, without sick people staying home, and without vaccinating, so we can reach “herd immunity” each year.. and the flu HAS been proven to be stopped by immunity.

Ludicrous.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2020, 12:13:37 PM »
Why is it borderline conspiracy theory? Has every virus/illness in history immunized those infected? For how long?
I haven't found a single source saying they believe there is no immunity, everyone believes there is immunity but it hasn't been proven yet.

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2020, 12:14:38 PM »

Flu immunity wear off. Imagine if every single flu season we let everyone get it, without sick people staying home, and without vaccinating, so we can reach “herd immunity” each year.. and the flu HAS been proven to be stopped by immunity.

Ludicrous.
Flu mutates very often, so far the evidence points to COVID-19 not mutating too often.

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2020, 12:16:08 PM »
A) You're saying post-pandemic.
You said everyone getting it won't lead to herd immunity, when else do you expect there to be herd immunity from everyone getting it if not after everyone gets it?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2020, 12:16:43 PM »
I haven't found a single source saying they believe there is no immunity, everyone believes there is immunity but it hasn't been proven yet.
Even if there is some type of immunity how would we know the characteristics of it? How long it lasts, how effective, how large a viral dose is needed to become immune.. nothing we’ve seen so far has given us any indication. In fact, some studies (China, S Korea) have indicated that there is a fairly high rate of reinfection
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2020, 12:19:07 PM »
B) False. We have no idea about the immunity of anyone who had it already, let alone was just exposed. That's not a conspiracy theory, it's scientific fact. It's unknown.
Even if there is some type of immunity how would we know the characteristics of it? How long it lasts, how effective, how large a viral dose is needed to become immune.. nothing we’ve seen so far has given us any indication. In fact, some studies (China, S Korea) have indicated that there is a fairly high rate of reinfection

All evidence points to a very high rate of immunity.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2020, 12:20:28 PM »
I'm not sure what part of the quote is an assumption.
This: Giving people the illness versus the vaccine would render herd immunity pointless, as everyone would get exposed to the full risks of each illness we're trying to prevent.

Herd immunity is accomplished by both those infected and vaccination. How long an infected person is immune is an assumption at this point.
Being exposed to the virus is different risk on so many different levels. Age, sex, race, health and so on.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2020, 12:21:49 PM »
In fact, some studies (China, S Korea) have indicated that there is a fairly high rate of reinfection
Source for SK study as anything China related is useless.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2020, 12:23:13 PM »
Flu mutates very often, so far the evidence points to COVID-19 not mutating too often.
That’s only one of the reasons you need to get a new shot every year. Immunity also wears off fairly quickly, at different speeds for different strains.

There is absolutely ZERO evidence if and for how long immunity lasts for COVID-19.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com