Author Topic: Long Term Effects of COVID-19  (Read 6674 times)

Offline ari3

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Long Term Effects of COVID-19
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2020, 09:47:40 PM »
This seems like an appropriate thread to resuscitate, based on a few recent posts regarding long term effects of covid:

1. Ergel posted this article Covid-19 Can Last Several Months from The Atlantic, on long term effects of covid

2. Lurker posted this article http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/282581 from Israel 

3. I've recently heard about the following cases
male, about 40, used to work out with a trainer, now gets winded after less than 10 minutes of activity
female, about 40, experiencing chronic pain on her side since having COVID
male, 60s, having visual problems since COVID

Yet @ExGingi and @Kobe bryent each say they know about 100 people who have no long-term problems.  Do they really have no more symptoms, or they just haven't mentioned them?   It would be helpful if those with many recovered friends could ask them specifically whether or not they have any remaining symptoms from COVID-19, and post the results here.  Maybe DDF will contribute another breakthrough, like the early discovery of loss of smell as a symptom.  ;)
Being that the virus arrived here appx than 4 months ago its a bit difficult to ascertain long term health issues. You would need at least a couple of years for that.

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2020, 10:00:27 PM »
I heard a couple of people say that they are still very sensitive to the smell of eggs. Wondering if anyone else out there had that.
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline biobook

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2020, 10:39:06 PM »
Being that the virus arrived here appx than 4 months ago its a bit difficult to ascertain long term health issues. You would need at least a couple of years for that.
Yes, certainly, we can return in a few years to update!  I should have written "lingering" rather than "long term" symptoms.  That is, while most recover within a week, some people are still unwell many weeks after infection.

Kobe bryent and ExGingi think lingering symptoms are rare, based on not hearing about them from acquaintances.  I was suggesting that directly asking acquaintances whether they still have symptoms might elicit a more accurate response.

I personally know over 100 people in my immediate circle, who have had Covid19, and AFAIK none have any issues BH (may it continue so).
The only lingering effect that I have heard of in my circles (probably just as large), is of some people not having their sense of smell (and possibly taste) fully recovered.

Online etech0

• View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2020, 10:41:10 PM »
Have also heard of a few people reporting general weakness or some shortness of breath (not as bad as when they were sick, but not as good as before).
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline cmey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2020, 04:36:49 PM »
Yes, certainly, we can return in a few years to update!  I should have written "lingering" rather than "long term" symptoms.  That is, while most recover within a week, some people are still unwell many weeks after infection.

I know quite a few pepple who have lingering effects.
weakness in particular;  no stamina.

Online S209

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2020, 05:36:59 PM »
I know this is weird and purely anecdotal but some of the people I know whoíve had moderate cases of COVID (sick in bed, high fever, some with lower oxygen, but not hospitalized) have seemed very nervous and on edge since. Theyíll get angry at very little provocation, get annoyed with little things that didnít seem to bother them before, more anxious, etc. As I said, very weird. Anyone else find this?

I know some will say this is due to quarantine but Iím specifically referring to people whoíve had moderate cases of COVID. Iím not sure about severe cases but I havenít seen it in people who havenít had it or had very mild cases.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2020, 05:37:27 PM »
What about the long term mental health issues of the lockdown?
What about the long term effects of post nasal drip?
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline Eb228

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2020, 06:46:35 PM »
I know this is weird and purely anecdotal but some of the people I know whoíve had moderate cases of COVID (sick in bed, high fever, some with lower oxygen, but not hospitalized) have seemed very nervous and on edge since. Theyíll get angry at very little provocation, get annoyed with little things that didnít seem to bother them before, more anxious, etc. As I said, very weird. Anyone else find this?

I know some will say this is due to quarantine but Iím specifically referring to people whoíve had moderate cases of COVID. Iím not sure about severe cases but I havenít seen it in people who havenít had it or had very mild cases.

That prob has more to do with quarentene than COVID

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2020, 07:23:31 PM »
covid can have an affect on the central nervous system. (no smell, for example)
Having a brush with death can have a mental health affect.
Long term fatigue, especially when it seems like you're the only one, or you wonder if your fatigue is real, can be very frustrating.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2020, 07:50:55 PM »
covid can have an affect on the central nervous system. (no smell, for example)
Having a brush with death can have a mental health affect.
Long term fatigue, especially when it seems like you're the only one, or you wonder if your fatigue is real, can be very frustrating.
Thanks
That prob has more to do with quarentene than COVID
It would behoove you to read the post before commenting
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2020, 08:10:15 PM »

Visible right here on DDF.  😢
Just because things turned out a certain way doesn't mean you were right.

Online yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2020, 08:20:42 PM »
Visible right here on DDF.  😢
I think you're being kind. Were those people who were calmer/reasonable before Covid-19?

Online RewardsAddict

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2020, 08:24:20 PM »

I know a few people who have been like that since corona. Until know I thought it was due to loss of parnassa, but who knows?

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2020, 08:30:21 PM »
I think you're being kind. Were those people who were calmer/reasonable before Covid-19?
The ones I am thinking of? ABSOLUTELY!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 08:33:32 PM by aygart »
Just because things turned out a certain way doesn't mean you were right.