Topic Wiki

United zeroed out an El Al charter because Dan "appeared" to cancel travel agents' seminary daughters in 1941 Poland.

TAs were later drowned when Noah's arc submerged after Dan ordered Batchy to dispute all cubit charges.

*Update*
Dan has issued a debit memo to all TAs. In response, TAs have retroactively removed the DD affiliate code from their Amazon purchases. The sides are currently at a standoff. Only a price mistake stands a chance to bring the sides together.
« Last edited by Yehuda57 on April 28, 2020, 10:21:34 AM »

Author Topic: Delta to tlv opening May 8  (Read 41267 times)

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
Re: Delta to tlv opening May 8
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2020, 06:40:08 PM »
CRAZY.

I know one of them, I told a parent "ur crazy", u can fly  OW for 300-500 USD. Kid was scared not to fly with seminary, they were pressured to fly together. HIGHWAY ROBBERY.

My brother got a RT ticket on UA (TLV-IAD-EWR)  for 600. He will most likely refund the second half, meaning 300 for a OW.
You can't blame them, if they made a profit from it, it was minimal, they did it to help their students get home.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2020, 06:40:43 PM »
OK? And if they did cancel, that would have been the right more before all inventory was gone. Hindsight is 20/20.

Which is why I wrote appears.

Thousands of people had to pay $$$$$ for rescue flights from other locations.
Then the readers are good readers and they were right to rebook for $2000. I don't get what went wrong here.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2020, 06:41:52 PM »
Do you not realize how many people in the Jewish/Yeshiva world rely on you for airline news and don’t really know much else. When you say appears to be cancelled and post it as breaking news it’s as good as united actually cancelling the flights.
What would you have done? Not reported the development and then have people complain that I was too close in reporting before thousands were left without a way home?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2020, 06:42:28 PM »
Why do you think UA ever zeroed out flights?
Because they did. Fact.
Every other airline that zeroed TLV has cancelled. UA brought it back, which is exactly why I wrote appears.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2020, 06:43:49 PM »
Then the readers are good readers and they were right to rebook for $2000. I don't get what went wrong here.
If I was in TLV when flights were being zeroed and lockdowns announced I'd have gotten on the next flight out too.
Nothing is wrong except people called their TAs and the TAs still whine about it nearly 2 months later.

Offline KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2020, 06:44:34 PM »
You can't blame them, if they made a profit from it, it was minimal, they did it to help their students get home.
100% Worng to pressure kids to take a specific flight.

Why does the entire seminary have to fly together.

Shouldn't they at least try working with students that had different flights scheduled, to get them to the airport, keep the building open an extra two days.

2k vs 500, crazy.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline thankyoudan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2020, 06:48:49 PM »
It's a blessing and a curse... let's face it whatever you post gets a lot of traction in the heimish community so congrats on that... but it comes with a lot of responsibility and sometimes it's a very hard balance... all i wish you is siyata dishmaya in that... and try to take all factors into account which I'm sure you try to do already...

Offline thankyoudan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2020, 06:51:25 PM »
What would you have done? Not reported the development and then have people complain that I was too close in reporting before thousands were left without a way home?
this is taking it a bit to far no one's blaming Dansdeals for being stranded somewhere... with all do respect come on man...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2020, 06:51:42 PM »
It's a blessing and a curse... let's face it whatever you post gets a lot of traction in the heimish community so congrats on that... but it comes with a lot of responsibility and sometimes it's a very hard balance... all i wish you is siyata dishmaya in that... and try to take all factors into account which I'm sure you try to do already...
It was a lose-lose situation, which is why I said appears. That apparently many in the heimish community didn't read or didn't understand.
If I didn't post I'd also be blamed if things were cancelled, but the odds of being cancelled after flights zeroed are greater than the odds of not being cancelled.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2020, 06:52:09 PM »
this is taking it a bit to far no one's blaming Dansdeals for being stranded somewhere... with all do respect come on man...
LOL. Time to start posting more of the emails that I get.

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2020, 06:52:54 PM »
It’s your blog and you could do whatever you want. I just don’t think that you should be criticizing others for reporting stuff based on airline availability the same way that you did. 90/91 were zeroed out for like ten minutes yet your post was up for an hour

If I was in TLV when flights were being zeroed and lockdowns announced I'd have gotten on the next flight out too.
Nothing is wrong except people called their TAs and the TAs still whine about it nearly 2 months later.

You say nothing is wrong yet I had a client who had a flight Thursday night yet they were so worried about their kids getting home that they paid 2k to get them home on Monday because they were convinced the flight would be cancelled.

Offline thankyoudan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2020, 06:55:46 PM »
there's plenty of nuts out there so I'm sure you get absolutely mad mssgs/emails but pls don't feel pressure from the nutty's... but on the other hand thinking about it now I may start blaming you for all my issues so maybe not so much... lol...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2020, 06:56:37 PM »
It’s your blog and you could do whatever you want. I just don’t think that you should be criticizing others for reporting stuff based on airline availability the same way that you did. 90/91 were zeroed out for like ten minutes yet your post was up for an hour
Utter fake news.

And incredibly, you still don't know what the word appears means.

Tweet went out at 5:08pm: https://twitter.com/DansDeals/status/1237122998173421569

The post was updated 19 minutes later:

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2020, 06:58:01 PM »
You say nothing is wrong yet I had a client who had a flight Thursday night yet they were so worried about their kids getting home that they paid 2k to get them home on Monday because they were convinced the flight would be cancelled.
I'd have done the same. It would be the prudent thing to do in that situation.

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2020, 06:59:43 PM »
Utter fake news.
Tweet went out at 5:08pm: https://twitter.com/DansDeals/status/1237122998173421569

The post was updated 19 minutes later:

You are right. I mixed that up with the cancellations you reported the next day on TLV-SFO/IAD which might not have been an hour but definitely wasn’t twenty minutes. My apologies

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2020, 07:00:16 PM »
I wonder how many of the whiny and salty TAs out there would even be TAs without starting out reading DD/DDF or working under somebody who did?

Kafui tov many of them I suspect.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2020, 07:02:35 PM »
there's plenty of nuts out there so I'm sure you get absolutely mad mssgs/emails but pls don't feel pressure from the nutty's... but on the other hand thinking about it now I may start blaming you for all my issues so maybe not so much... lol...
Constantly get comments why I didn't write about XYZ story along with nasty comments that it must be because I'm paid off, biased, etc.
It's absurd.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2020, 07:05:39 PM »

Make a thread. It would be nice to see stupid that doesn't involve life and death for a change.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline joeb1

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2020, 07:05:55 PM »
No need to get personal dan
Many of your readers read one in ten of your words and panic
Perhaps for one when making the posts about flights cancelling perhaps cut the bold and red wording and breaking news crap. That is seen more than the word appears.
This is not a roll of paper towels half off
It’s news that readers who take you for gd are reading and assuming things
Yes it said appears but it also was breaking news news and made them assume world was coming to an end
I got calls 2xs a day with worried unstable parents every time you posted
No Taynus just realize who your general readers are and their IQ levels

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2020, 07:06:47 PM »
Make a thread. It would be nice to see stupid that doesn't involve life and death for a change.
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=5624.0

I stopped posting because people started emailing me questions and specifying that they don't want to see them there :P