Topic Wiki

United zeroed out an El Al charter because Dan "appeared" to cancel travel agents' seminary daughters in 1941 Poland.

TAs were later drowned when Noah's arc submerged after Dan ordered Batchy to dispute all cubit charges.

*Update*
Dan has issued a debit memo to all TAs. In response, TAs have retroactively removed the DD affiliate code from their Amazon purchases. The sides are currently at a standoff. Only a price mistake stands a chance to bring the sides together.
« Last edited by Yehuda57 on April 28, 2020, 10:21:34 AM »

Author Topic: Delta to tlv opening May 8  (Read 41288 times)

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Delta to tlv opening May 8
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2020, 07:07:56 PM »
KM had a interviewer saying not to trust these bloggers
["-"]

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2020, 07:09:21 PM »
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=5624.0

I stopped posting because people started emailing me questions and specifying that they don't want to see them there :P

Sounds like an incentive to keep it current.. But what do I know
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2020, 07:09:46 PM »
No need to get personal dan
So others can get personal with me, but I can't get emotional back?

Many of your readers read one in ten of your words and panic
No Taynus just realize who your general readers are and their IQ levels
Again, what would you have done differently?
I can't make people read if they don't want to.

Perhaps for one when making the posts about flights cancelling perhaps cut the bold and red wording and breaking news crap. That is seen more than the word appears.
This is not a roll of paper towels half off
No idea what you're saying.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2020, 07:13:22 PM »
Wow. This thread is truly mind boggling. @Dan I give you a lot of credit for dealing with some DDMS comments, but for this you must have really thick skin...

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2020, 07:14:31 PM »
So others can get personal with me, but I can't get emotional back?
Again, what would you have done differently?
I can't make people read if they don't want to.
No idea what you're saying.
Especially since when there is a deal every ignored the bold and red limitations and starts asking why the deal for next spring isn't showing for flights moitzei Yom Kippur.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2020, 07:16:38 PM »
Especially since when there is a deal every ignored the bold and red limitations and starts asking why the deal for next spring isn't showing for flights moitzei Yom Kippur.
Or if the deal that says from EWR to TLV is good from TLV to EWR despite bold letters saying it won't.
The bold and red just make it slightly more likely someone will actually read what I wrote before asking.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Phase IV

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2020, 07:31:33 PM »
Because TLV works different. We know that, I said this countless times, when you are writing you expect them to be canceled, your readers do the same, and panic.
As a TA, I can say those few "panic" weeks were the hardest work days I remember. And sure enough within minutes of each DDMS post, the call volume got out of control with countless concerned parents, students etc. 

I'm surprised you were so sure that flights would continue to operate. Quite frankly I was not. The carriers were zeroing out one after the other and then cancelling. I can't seem to remember the last time flights were completely zeroed out and then the airline reloaded inventory.  Even if you believe "TLV is different" and has a different track record, life as we know has changed so much by the unpredictability of this virus. Personally if I had child abroad, I would have done my utmost to bring them home.

I feel bad about the money people spent in the mad rush to get back to the US (for the sake of transparency, I am not affiliated with the agency who chartered the flights). So many shared that they really could not afford the added expense. Though I resented all the panicky calls at the time, I would never take achrayus to tell someone that flights would definitely continue operating in spite of the consistently worsening circumstances.

I feel impelled to share- I had one student who was planning on staying until the end of the year. When the panicking started, the father called me to change his child's ticket to return to the US immediately. Recently I was so pained to see this very father's name among a list of those who were niftar from corona. At the same time I marveled at the hashgacha that this child was able to spend the last little bit home with their father...

Offline Jeremiah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2020, 07:35:55 PM »
Says more about our education system than anything else.

But for once instead of getting 100 comments where I need to say "read the post," 100 TAs got those comments and had a day in my life. And they've been harassing me ever since then.

Nunu. Not going to apologize for having readers that can't read.
+1
I'm not a travel agent but had two bochurim who I arranged tickets for to get home for pesach. I was following DDMS closely and it was quite clear and infomative. In fact one of the guys ended up flying home on March 22 only two days early (and after quite a few route changes).
Just read the post!

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2020, 07:38:55 PM »
Do you not realize how many people in the Jewish/Yeshiva world rely on you for airline news and don’t really know much else.
I just wish all these thousands of readers would also have signed the petition @Dan set up to help all of us travelers. It's embarrassing how few signatures it got considering how many readers he has. People put up with so much anguish and frustration due to airlines lack of accountability, and by taking about 20-40 seconds to sign a petition, they could have brought all these powerful arguments to the attention of the proper authorities. (No, 1,706 signatures is not enough to attract attention to even read his post) We kvech and complain all the time about airlines bullying and nickel and diming, but when there's an opportunity to act, suddenly everyone was AWOL.

(I know I went a bit off topic, but you mentioned his thousands of readers etc. and this thread anyway went offtopic so I decided to unload this here...)

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2020, 07:39:13 PM »
Says more about our education system than anything else.

But for once instead of getting 100 comments where I need to say "read the post," 100 TAs got those comments and had a day in my life. And they've been harassing me ever since then.

Nunu. Not going to apologize for having readers that can't read.
Always wondered if you pay someone just to write “Read the post?”
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2020, 07:49:29 PM »

Because they did. Fact.
Every other airline that zeroed TLV has cancelled. UA brought it back, which is exactly why I wrote appears.

How. Do. You. Know?
No flight was zeroed out for more than a few minutes, and which was it was kept changing, the zeroing out started a while before you post too. Agents hold the flights, this is facts, and that's what happened here.
From the start I called it, and explained why you were wrong too, but hey it's your site.
If I was in TLV when flights were being zeroed and lockdowns announced I'd have gotten on the next flight out too.
Nothing is wrong except people called their TAs and the TAs still whine about it nearly 2 months later.
Easy to belittle the complaints and refer to it as "whining" when you didn't lose thousands of dollars.
I didn't get on the next flight, I waited till I was ready to go, I was confident in my knowledge and view.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2020, 07:56:21 PM »

How. Do. You. Know?
No flight was zeroed out for more than a few minutes, and which was it was kept changing, the zeroing out started a while before you post too. Agents hold the flights, this is facts, and that's what happened here.
From the start I called it, and explained why you were wrong too, but hey it's your site. Easy to belittle the complaints and refer to it as "whining" when you didn't lose thousands of dollars.
I didn't get on the next flight, I waited till I was ready to go, I was confident in my knowledge and view.
You. Are. Wrong.
Dead wrong.

Offline YesThatsMe

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2020, 07:56:44 PM »
I honestly cant believe this conversation is even happening. It's Dans website and blog, if you don't like it go to hell. He can - and does - write whatever he so chooses too. He can write fake news and too bad. Dan - you don't need to provide any proof you were factually right, you can do as you please.

Honestly, I don't understand why all these students and especially couples ditched the safest place on earth for the most dangerous killing fields of America. Kinda like an American Jew traveling to Poland in 1941.

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2020, 07:57:04 PM »
You. Are. Wrong.
Dead wrong.
Now that clears everything up. ::)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2020, 07:57:27 PM »
As a TA, I can say those few "panic" weeks were the hardest work days I remember. And sure enough within minutes of each DDMS post, the call volume got out of control with countless concerned parents, students etc.

I'm surprised you were so sure that flights would continue to operate. Quite frankly I was not. The carriers were zeroing out one after the other and then cancelling. I can't seem to remember the last time flights were completely zeroed out and then the airline reloaded inventory.  Even if you believe "TLV is different" and has a different track record, life as we know has changed so much by the unpredictability of this virus. Personally if I had child abroad, I would have done my utmost to bring them home.

I feel bad about the money people spent in the mad rush to get back to the US (for the sake of transparency, I am not affiliated with the agency who chartered the flights). So many shared that they really could not afford the added expense. Though I resented all the panicky calls at the time, I would never take achrayus to tell someone that flights would definitely continue operating in spite of the consistently worsening circumstances.

I feel impelled to share- I had one student who was planning on staying until the end of the year. When the panicking started, the father called me to change his child's ticket to return to the US immediately. Recently I was so pained to see this very father's name among a list of those who were niftar from corona. At the same time I marveled at the hashgacha that this child was able to spend the last little bit home with their father...
Well said.

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2020, 07:58:10 PM »
Kinda like an American Jew traveling to Poland in 1941.
Can you explain that analogy?

Online yeshivabucher

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2020, 08:00:15 PM »
I honestly cant believe this conversation is even happening. It's Dans website and blog, if you don't like it go to hell. He can - and does - write whatever he so chooses too. He can write fake news and too bad. Dan - you don't need to provide any proof you were factually right, you can do as you please.
that doesnt mean he is above criticism it just means he not forced to take it

Offline yandmk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2020, 08:01:22 PM »
Easy to belittle the complaints and refer to it as "whining" when you didn't lose thousands of dollars.
As a TA myself who lost A LOT of money from this, I'd argue that TA's didn't lose any money because of that particular post. But mostly from cancelled trips and lack of new bookings. Besides, most people who booked the one-way charters were on partially used tickets, where the TA doesn't forfeit the comms earned if the pax doesn't use the return.

Offline YesThatsMe

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2020, 08:01:41 PM »
Can you explain that analogy?

Israel deaths - 189
NYC Deaths (ignoring NJ and Upsate) - 10,977

And check out the RIP thread.

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2020, 08:02:27 PM »

I wonder how many of the whiny and salty TAs out there would even be TAs without starting out reading DD/DDF or working under somebody who did?

Kafui tov many of them I suspect.

This:

we don't mean to get personal
Many of your readers read one in ten of your words and panic
Perhaps for one when making the posts about flights cancelling perhaps cut the bold and red wording and breaking news crap. That is seen more than the word appears.
This is not a roll of paper towels half off
It’s news that readers who take you for gd are reading and assuming things
Yes it said appears but it also was breaking news news and made them assume world was coming to an end
I got calls 2xs a day with worried unstable parents every time you posted
No Taynus just realize who your general readers are and their IQ levels
I love you immensely, and I sincerely apologize if anything I said indicated otherwise. I had my concerns when that article was posted, I spoke out, I was called nuts by the uninformed, but I wound up being correct, and suffering severely because of it.
So again, I'm sorry if my comments hit you the wrong way.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch