Topic Wiki

United zeroed out an El Al charter because Dan "appeared" to cancel travel agents' seminary daughters in 1941 Poland.

TAs were later drowned when Noah's arc submerged after Dan ordered Batchy to dispute all cubit charges.

*Update*
Dan has issued a debit memo to all TAs. In response, TAs have retroactively removed the DD affiliate code from their Amazon purchases. The sides are currently at a standoff. Only a price mistake stands a chance to bring the sides together.
« Last edited by Yehuda57 on April 28, 2020, 10:21:34 AM »

Author Topic: Delta to tlv opening May 8  (Read 41277 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Delta to tlv opening May 8
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2020, 08:02:31 PM »
You. Are. Wrong.
Dead wrong.
Even with his decades of experience?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Iz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2020, 08:03:15 PM »
Israel deaths - 189
NYC Deaths (ignoring NJ and Upsate) - 10,977

And check out the RIP thread.
Was there any way to know that then? Also, remember we are talking (mostly) about single children going home.

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2020, 08:05:41 PM »
You. Are. Wrong.
Dead wrong.
My analysis was correct
As a TA myself who lost A LOT of money from this, I'd argue that TA's didn't lose any money because of that particular post. But mostly from cancelled trips and lack of new bookings. Besides, most people who booked the one-way charters were on partially used tickets, where the TA doesn't forfeit the comms earned if the pax doesn't use the return.
Great that your experience was like that, but I spoke for myself, and I assume many others. The amount of times I was sent this article, and was met with disbelief when I said its inaccurate is mind blowing.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline YesThatsMe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2020, 08:06:05 PM »
Was there any way to know that then? Also, remember we are talking (mostly) about single children going home.

Israel was ahead of the game in terms of controlling the outbreak at every step of the way.

So single people could travel to Poland in 1941, because it's "home"?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2020, 08:07:01 PM »
Israel was ahead of the game in terms of controlling the outbreak at every step of the way.

Have you lost your mind?

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2020, 08:07:37 PM »

I’m pretty sure you’re being facetious. But not positive.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline YesThatsMe

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2020, 08:11:50 PM »
Have you lost your mind?

No. And plenty of singles stayed put, rightly so.

My partners father came to Brooklyn for a wedding before Purim. By the time Sheva Brachos was over he could not get a flight back home to Antwerp. His levaya was last week.

The Tri-State area over the past 4 weeks has had more community deaths than any part of the Jewish diaspora since the 1948 War (yes, we overtook the tolls of every security event in Israel and elsewhere since).

So why enter it knowingly?

Offline Phase IV

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2020, 08:13:29 PM »

How. Do. You. Know?
No flight was zeroed out for more than a few minutes, and which was it was kept changing, the zeroing out started a while before you post too. Agents hold the flights, this is facts, and that's what happened here.
From the start I called it, and explained why you were wrong too, but hey it's your site. Easy to belittle the complaints and refer to it as "whining" when you didn't lose thousands of dollars.
I didn't get on the next flight, I waited till I was ready to go, I was confident in my knowledge and view.

I'm almost sure I remember a time during this saga, when United's flights were completely zeroed out for quite a long stretch of dates. When agents hold inventory, it's still highly unlikely for every single flight to be zeroed out in all classes for many days in row, with no seats available on any flights even in J. In the past this always indicated that the flight was about to be cancelled...

Offline mliebs1457

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2020, 08:15:21 PM »

My partners father came to Brooklyn for a wedding before Purim. By the time Sheva Brachos was over he could not get a flight back home to Antwerp. His levaya was last week.

The Tri-State area over the past 4 weeks has had more community deaths than any part of the Jewish diaspora since the 1948 War (yes, we overtook the tolls of every security event in Israel and elsewhere since).

Ill join those that arent sure if youre serious or not. Can u think of one parent that WOULDNT attempt to bring their kid home to USA?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2020, 08:15:43 PM »

You are forgetting what it looked like at the time.

Offline YesThatsMe

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2020, 08:21:43 PM »
Ill join those that arent sure if youre serious or not. Can u think of one parent that WOULDNT attempt to bring their kid home to USA?

Sure, plenty of parents. In fact, a well know London philanthropist by the name of R Chaim Moshe Feldman chartered a jet for a bunch of over 60's to escape Europe for Israel on the day the Italy Quarantine rules were announced, anyone with common sense saw the coming disaster and knew of Israel's capabilities and steps to handle it vis-a-vis other countries with no value for senior's lives.

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2020, 08:22:16 PM »
Also in regards to the charter that everyone is discussing, I believe that the harshest criticism should be directed at El Al. (I can't speak for the seminaries because I honestly have no idea what they were charged - but El Al definitely charged a fortune)
They went ahead and consolidated flights (to 50%) for the week after Purim, causing the massive shortage of inventory and blocked all inventory for the remaining flights. Which caused massive panic. And suddenly (I don't even think it was 48 hours from when they canceled the flights until they rescheduled as charters) they were chartering their planes for those exact dates for double the price and only one direction! El Al was very aware about the massive demand westbound, but were being stingy because they knew they would be returning mostly empty. But with the charters, they were charging enough for them to cover the cost to fly both directions nearly twice!
El Al has turned their back on literally everyone during this crisis. From travel agents to passengers to all their employees... Ignoring the DOT's instruction to refund all canceled flights by claiming that they're closed and all their offices are closed... But apparently they're only closed when it comes to giving money and paying employees, because when it comes to rescue flights or cargo they seem to be open as ever making loads of money!

Offline gedaliah

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2020, 08:23:34 PM »
Tachlis.

Does anyone have knowledge of if an American couple who is living in living in Israel who came into the US for Pesach can fly back and self quarantine for 14 days?

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2020, 08:23:40 PM »
I'm almost sure I remember a time during this saga, when United's flights were completely zeroed out for quite a long stretch of dates. When agents hold inventory, it's still highly unlikely for every single flight to be zeroed out in all classes for many days in row, with no seats available on any flights even in J. In the past this always indicated that the flight was about to be cancelled...
It was never more than a few hours, not near a full day for more than a weeks worth of flights at a time.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline YesThatsMe

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2020, 08:25:38 PM »
Tachlis.

Does anyone have knowledge of if an American couple who is living in living in Israel who came into the US for Pesach can fly back and self quarantine for 14 days?

The answer is unless one of you is an Israeli citizen or A1 (Not A2): No

If you are 1 of the above: You can enter, but must be held for 14 days in Quarantine hotel.

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2020, 08:28:11 PM »
I'm a travel agent, and I know quite a few buchrim who have family here who decided to stay for Pesach. Yes, their parents encouraged them to. Not too many, though.
But I had dozens of couples (many Shana Reshona) who opted to stay in Israel and make Pesach by themselves, rather than fly to New York, once it was starting to become obvious what was happening there. Although it hadn't yet exploded, anyone analyzing the situation was able to see that it was heading in the direction that Italy was at the time...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2020, 08:30:06 PM »

How. Do. You. Know?
No flight was zeroed out for more than a few minutes, and which was it was kept changing, the zeroing out started a while before you post too. Agents hold the flights, this is facts, and that's what happened here.
From the start I called it, and explained why you were wrong too, but hey it's your site. Easy to belittle the complaints and refer to it as "whining" when you didn't lose thousands of dollars.
I didn't get on the next flight, I waited till I was ready to go, I was confident in my knowledge and view.
Now that clears everything up. ::)
The chutzpah level is off the charts.

I didn't start doing this yesterday. I was monitoring all of the TLV flights and saw all 4 UA routes go from plenty of availability to zero. On every date from 3/11-3/31. In every single class.

No TA is blocking that kind of space and it came right after Israel's quarantine announcement.
The odds of that being a cancellation were high and indeed, every other airline that did that did wind up cancelling.

Pretending to know better is utter nonsense. Of course there was a chance that it wouldn't be cancelled, which is why I never said they were cancelled, only that it appeared that it would be cancelled, which I stand by as an accurate statement of the facts that were on the ground on a tumultuous day.

Based on the news at the time and Israel's quarantine rules, people would have cancelled their flights anyway. Blaming all the cancellations on the post is naarishkeit.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2020, 08:33:34 PM »
My analysis was correct Great that your experience was like that, but I spoke for myself, and I assume many others. The amount of times I was sent this article, and was met with disbelief when I said its inaccurate is mind blowing.
Nothing was inaccurate about the article. You could have told people to read, that would have been accurate.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2020, 08:34:55 PM »
Also in regards to the charter that everyone is discussing, I believe that the harshest criticism should be directed at El Al. (I can't speak for the seminaries because I honestly have no idea what they were charged - but El Al definitely charged a fortune)
They went ahead and consolidated flights (to 50%) for the week after Purim, causing the massive shortage of inventory and blocked all inventory for the remaining flights. Which caused massive panic. And suddenly (I don't even think it was 48 hours from when they canceled the flights until they rescheduled as charters) they were chartering their planes for those exact dates for double the price and only one direction! El Al was very aware about the massive demand westbound, but were being stingy because they knew they would be returning mostly empty. But with the charters, they were charging enough for them to cover the cost to fly both directions nearly twice!
El Al has turned their back on literally everyone during this crisis. From travel agents to passengers to all their employees... Ignoring the DOT's instruction to refund all canceled flights by claiming that they're closed and all their offices are closed... But apparently they're only closed when it comes to giving money and paying employees, because when it comes to rescue flights or cargo they seem to be open as ever making loads of money!
Wait a minute. I'm supposed to bash LY and you're supposed to bash me for bashing them  ;D

But do you really think they intentionally cancelled flights to force charters?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2020, 08:37:05 PM »
This:
Saying you don't mean for something to be personal and then making it personal doesn't suddenly make it not personal.