Topic Wiki

United zeroed out an El Al charter because Dan "appeared" to cancel travel agents' seminary daughters in 1941 Poland.

TAs were later drowned when Noah's arc submerged after Dan ordered Batchy to dispute all cubit charges.

*Update*
Dan has issued a debit memo to all TAs. In response, TAs have retroactively removed the DD affiliate code from their Amazon purchases. The sides are currently at a standoff. Only a price mistake stands a chance to bring the sides together.
« Last edited by Yehuda57 on April 28, 2020, 10:21:34 AM »

Author Topic: Delta to tlv opening May 8  (Read 42240 times)

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Delta to tlv opening May 8
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2020, 04:35:50 PM »
I was told that TAs aren't going to be liable for debit memos on cancelled flights.
Elal most likely will send debit memos. Even on cancelled flights.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2020, 04:36:15 PM »
Clearly your not following the news where IATA in Israel promised TA's refunds and didn't come through... point being if there were something that would 1% hurt your business how would you feel about it if someone keeps posting about it?
Several TAs asked me to make this post, proofread the post, and made suggestions that I incorporated, so feel free to kvetch to them.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Baglach

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2020, 04:39:32 PM »
Several TAs asked me to make this post, proofread the post, and made suggestions that I incorporated, so feel free to kvetch to them.
So they own the industry? What's with charges that are processed by my own merchant?? You make 0 sense. Again your website do as you like but if anyone would dear post something that hurts your end $$$ even with all 60 terutzim you wouldn't be to happy!! End of the day people should take achrayus and say the truth not keep running away from the facts.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2020, 04:41:30 PM »
So they own the industry? What's with charges that are processed by my own merchant?? You make 0 sense. Again your website do as you like but if anyone would dear post something that hurts your end $$$ even with all 60 terutzim you wouldn't be to happy!! End of the day people should take achrayus and say the truth not keep running away from the facts.
Like I said, go kvetch to @Chaikel,@D93, and @Moishebatchy for not asking for those edits and for telling me about the ARC info, which is why I stopped writing that disputes would hurt TAs in the first place. This is the first I heard that it's bad info.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yakov116

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2020, 04:42:05 PM »
Wow you need to chill bro. He said that he did not just post, he did his duty before.
Money talks...mine says goodbye!

Offline J-town

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2020, 04:42:25 PM »
What's with charges that are processed by my own merchant??

Then you should in turn dispute the Elal charge from your credit card.

Offline joeb1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2020, 04:46:44 PM »
I was told that TAs aren't going to be liable for debit memos on cancelled flights.

Not so clear
They wrote that but arc has never ever worked with agents when it came with ADMs
I may be less inclined to fight my clients over legit disputes but I am not going to push them to do so as I have a chance I will need to fight with airline/arc later

Offline Baglach

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2020, 04:48:10 PM »
Like I said, go kvetch to @Chaikel,@D93, and @Moishebatchy for not asking for those edits and for telling me about the ARC info, which is why I stopped writing that disputes would hurt TAs in the first place.
You haven't answered not one of my points, glad you think chaikel and his boys run the TA industry, as i said you wouldn't risk your end dollar.

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2020, 04:48:35 PM »
Then you should in turn dispute the Elal charge from your credit card.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2020, 04:49:07 PM »
You haven't answered not one of my points, glad you think chaikel and his boys run the TA industry, as i said you wouldn't risk your end dollar.
I did my due diligence. I did write that line in previous posts, but took it out after they pointed out the ARC ruling. Feel free to discuss with them and if the consensus is that the previous line was correct I'd be happy to add it back.

Out of curiosity, what will you tell your clients when LY files for bankruptcy and the credit card says you waited to long to chargeback?
Sorry that you lost your $$$$$, but I didn't believe the ARC was telling the truth so I didn't tell you that you should dispute or I told you not to dispute?

How many people will still use your services when they realize what a liability it is to use a TA that won't fight for them?

Offline Moishebatchy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2020, 05:44:49 PM »

Sorry, I'm with @Dan on this one.

Dan is not actually a TA - he's a journalist, who just happens to have extensive travel industry knowledge. And journalists go by credible sources. So if Dan has a "credible source" - namely, that ARC publicly announces that they won't hold agencies responsible for unfair ADMs by greedy-pig airlines who cancelled flights - and he goes and publishes a story on that basis, then he is 100% in the right. That's his job!

The fact that a seasoned TA with years of experience just might happen to know that ARC is a bunch of airline-hugging sleazeballs who will not keep their word, doesn't magically make Dan expected to have known that. And especially considering that it's not a guaranteed outcome, but just a pessimistic hunch that you have, it's extremely unfair of you to take out your wrath on an innocent journalist doing his job, especially when he's trying to protect his readers. Who, I might add, greatly outnumber the TAs here... so if he has to choose between protecting his readers or protecting you, then "acharei rabim lehatos." There is a greater to'eles in helping many people recoup their money before an airline goes bankrupt and wipes their liability to the pax and/or it gets too late to file a chargeback, than helping a few agents not lose money.

And yes, I'm a TA myself, and yes, I will probably get hit hard if ARC indeed doesn't keep their word. And yet... if I force myself to look at the situation honestly, and in an unbiased fashion, then I have to admit that Dan acted correctly.

Offline gotthepoint

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2020, 06:11:43 PM »
i thing we should switch the thread title to bashing dan
not that i think we should, but thats what is happening

Offline Danlover111

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2020, 06:13:38 PM »
i thing we should switch the thread title to bashing dan
not that i think we should, but thats what is happening
+1

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2020, 06:25:37 PM »
Wiki needs updating @Yehuda57

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2020, 06:32:42 PM »

That's a Wiki for the books.

I need to come up with another line that @Yehuda57 will adopt as a signature line.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2020, 06:47:35 PM »
There is no way that ARC will send debit memos for disputes on cancelled flights. The DoT will never allow it as it will be a direct rebuke to their clear guidance. 

And BTW I've seen multiple airlines assuring agents not to worry about ADMs because of this whole Covid situation.  They need the TAs now more than ever.

Consider all this with the fact that Dan is here to protect his readers not agencies.  He did his job.

You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2020, 06:51:43 PM »

Your wish is my command,as are your blog posts, apparently

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2020, 01:40:24 PM »
Getting emails from more TAs saying I need to tell people not to chargeback.

If any TAs want to write an Op-Ed on why people shouldn't ethically or halachikly chargeback, let me know.

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2020, 02:32:05 PM »
Getting emails from more TAs saying I need to tell people not to chargeback.

If any TAs want to write an Op-Ed on why people shouldn't ethically or halachikly chargeback, let me know.
Not sure how you can explain it to your audience but people should definitely understand that there is a difference between a chargeback to a charge by the airline directly and a chargeback to the travel agents own merchant account.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2020, 02:35:44 PM »
Not sure how you can explain it to your audience but people should definitely understand that there is a difference between a chargeback to a charge by the airline directly and a chargeback to the travel agents own merchant account.
If someone wants to explain, I'd be open to posting it.