Topic Wiki

United zeroed out an El Al charter because Dan "appeared" to cancel travel agents' seminary daughters in 1941 Poland.

TAs were later drowned when Noah's arc submerged after Dan ordered Batchy to dispute all cubit charges.

*Update*
Dan has issued a debit memo to all TAs. In response, TAs have retroactively removed the DD affiliate code from their Amazon purchases. The sides are currently at a standoff. Only a price mistake stands a chance to bring the sides together.
« Last edited by Yehuda57 on April 28, 2020, 10:21:34 AM »

Author Topic: Delta to tlv opening May 8  (Read 41328 times)

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Delta to tlv opening May 8
« Reply #280 on: June 02, 2020, 04:23:02 PM »
I sent the shaila to Rav Asher Weiss. I'll report back what he answers.
Also, I asked if there is a ribbis issue with the offer of accepting full credit instead of the cash refund deducting the fee
הרב אמר: מה שהסוכן קיבל מחברת התעופה עליו להחזיר לקונה. אם רוצה לשמור את זה כקרדיט אין בעיה מצד רבית, דהלא אינו לצורך הלוואה, ואינו רבית קצוצה, וכאן המלוה עושה טובה ללוה.

Basically, he has to give me back the full amount. And therefore there is no ribbis problem - because he has to pay me the full amount I'm not getting anything in exchange for the halvaah
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline ah giten

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 16, 2020, 03:42:17 PM »
I booked travel on Iberia thorugh OTA, and flight was cancelled. Iberia is (now) processing refunds.
OTA says I need to pay a fee for them to process the refund.
Should I just do a dispute? Can I file DOT complaint against a TA? should I pay the fee, get the refund, and then dispute the fee?

I'm asking here cuz we saw a few TA's here recently.

Online moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 16, 2020, 03:50:18 PM »
I booked travel on Iberia thorugh OTA, and flight was cancelled. Iberia is (now) processing refunds.
OTA says I need to pay a fee for them to process the refund.
Should I just do a dispute? Can I file DOT complaint against a TA? should I pay the fee, get the refund, and then dispute the fee?

I'm asking here cuz we saw a few TA's here recently.
which OTA? I'm assuming this is some fly-by-night OTA. I can't imagine one if the big boys pulling such a shady move.

Offline ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 16, 2020, 04:02:01 PM »
which OTA? I'm assuming this is some fly-by-night OTA. I can't imagine one if the big boys pulling such a shady move.
If u think what I wrote above is shady...

The guy pointed me to look up the t&cs of their site, I suspected that if he pointed me to it, there must be something very clear pointed out.
So I looked it up, and it was too clear. (there's no exact fee mentioned, just that they'll add processing fees ).

So I checked web archives, noticed that they just updated their terms...

Online shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 16, 2020, 04:43:00 PM »
If u think what I wrote above is shady...

The guy pointed me to look up the t&cs of their site, I suspected that if he pointed me to it, there must be something very clear pointed out.
So I looked it up, and it was too clear. (there's no exact fee mentioned, just that they'll add processing fees ).

So I checked web archives, noticed that they just updated their terms...
I'm going to guess that it's not Expedia or Priceline (or any of the websites they own/run)...

I would dispute it now.

Offline ah giten

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 16, 2020, 06:59:57 PM »
I'm going to guess that it's not Expedia or Priceline (or any of the websites they own/run)...

I would dispute it now.
Dispute the enitre ticket purchase? why?
I'd rather just have them refund the ticket, and I'll dispute the fee, as an unauthorized charge.

Online shapsam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 16, 2020, 07:17:55 PM »
Dispute the enitre ticket purchase? why?
I'd rather just have them refund the ticket, and I'll dispute the fee, as an unauthorized charge.
Because the flight was canceled and you did not receive a refund, very simple.

If you pay a fee, it can be harder to dispute.

Offline Jack out of the box

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase UR, BA Avios, AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, SPG
« Reply #287 on: September 07, 2020, 03:25:30 AM »
I bought tickets (in the past 24 hours) on Delta TLV-JFK Oct-Nov. I specifically chose tickets which said refundable. ($800 something) However, on my booking confirmation and on delta.com I haven't managed to find anything clear about what "refundable" means. Do I get a refund on my credit card, or Delta credit? Is there a cancellation fee? I have no interest in a Delta credit. If my November family trip doesn't work out then I have no other plans to fly during the next year and certainly I don't want to be limited to Delta. I know the airlines are in financial trouble but I am in no position to offer them several thousand dollars of loans.
I spoke to 2 customer service agents who both claimed that I can get a full cash refund but were unable to send me any proof in text.

Anyone have tips on this? (How about United or another airline which is actually flying this route?)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 03:35:37 AM by Jack out of the box »

Offline a mirrer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 07, 2020, 07:48:41 AM »
I bought tickets (in the past 24 hours) on Delta TLV-JFK Oct-Nov. I specifically chose tickets which said refundable. ($800 something) However, on my booking confirmation and on delta.com I haven't managed to find anything clear about what "refundable" means. Do I get a refund on my credit card, or Delta credit? Is there a cancellation fee? I have no interest in a Delta credit. If my November family trip doesn't work out then I have no other plans to fly during the next year and certainly I don't want to be limited to Delta. I know the airlines are in financial trouble but I am in no position to offer them several thousand dollars of loans.
I spoke to 2 customer service agents who both claimed that I can get a full cash refund but were unable to send me any proof in text.

Anyone have tips on this? (How about United or another airline which is actually flying this route?)

Thanks!
"refundable" generally means with a cancellation charge while "fully refundable" is without a charge

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 07, 2020, 08:33:03 AM »
"refundable" generally means with a cancellation charge while "fully refundable" is without a charge
I did not see an option for "fully refundable". One agent told me that cancellation fees on international flights are waived until January but could not provide written confirmation or online reference to such.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 07, 2020, 08:50:46 AM »
Did you ask the agent to look at your ticket or did you ask a general question? Can you see the fare details on your ticket? It usually says the penalties for changes and cancellations.

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 07, 2020, 10:04:54 AM »
Did you ask the agent to look at your ticket or did you ask a general question? Can you see the fare details on your ticket? It usually says the penalties for changes and cancellations.
I had them look up the ticket.
All I can see on the ticket is in the attached snippet. I think in years gone by I was able to see the full fare jargon on checkmytrip.com but not this time.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 07, 2020, 11:12:52 AM »
Does not seem like at that price it's fully refundable; if you think you won't travel and/or use the voucher, I'd cancel. Maybe one of the travel agents here can help you.