Topic Wiki

List of symptoms 1st time vs 2nd time
@ae123    Weakness and flu-type feeling was worse the first time but now I have severe muscle pain.
« Last edited by KSMH on April 24, 2020, 12:03:50 AM »

Author Topic: Getting Corona Virus Twice  (Read 37927 times)

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Re: Getting Corona Virus Twice
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2020, 12:49:49 PM »
Maybe it comes from eating carbs? We should all eat chicken, eggs and salad and drink water exclusively for the next 2 years until it’s conclusively proven otherwise.

The point is we need a balance. We can’t know everything but we can make reasonable choices based on the most likely parameters or the course of the virus and adjust as more is known. To sit at home for two years because we don’t know enough is beyond absurd.
Nobody has suggested staying home for 2 years. And for context, he pointed out that a scenario of staying home isn’t necessarily as impossible as people have suggested, by pointing to WW2
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2020, 12:54:58 PM »
Maybe eating carbs is a susceptibility factor? We should all eat chicken, eggs and salad and drink water exclusively for the next 2 years until it’s conclusively proven otherwise.

The point is we need a balance. We can’t know everything but we can make reasonable choices based on the most likely parameters or the course of the virus and adjust as more is known. To sit at home for two years because we don’t know enough is beyond absurd.
I was certainly not advocating staying home for 2 years. Or even 2 more months. Honestly I have no idea what the course of action should be, way above my pay grade.

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2020, 12:57:25 PM »
Agreed. Just wondering where the 3 years came from.
1942-1945, but Pearl Harbor was in Dec '41 and the Japanese didn't surrender until end of summer '45 so if you really want to be a stickler on WWII timing in a thread about Corona, it was just over 3.5 years for the U.S.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2020, 01:02:59 PM »
1942-1945, but Pearl Harbor was in Dec '41 and the Japanese didn't surrender until end of summer '45 so if you really want to be a stickler on WWII timing in a thread about Corona, it was just over 3.5 years for the U.S.

Don’t wanna be a stickler, but WWII dates are traditionally 1939-1945, round that however you want.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline srap

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2020, 01:04:19 PM »
Nobody has suggested staying home for 2 years. And for context, he pointed out that a scenario of staying home isn’t necessarily as impossible as people have suggested, by pointing to WW2
Thank you.  Correct.  I am suggesting that since we have disrupted our lives so much and r"l sacrificed so many kedoishim, I think another couple weeks would be advantageous to continue helping the curve slowdown in hot spots, to slow down the curve in middle America, to wait for the supposedly soon to be out vaccine (?), and to hear the results of what the antibody test really means.  IOW, not to jump the gun just yet.

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2020, 01:05:09 PM »
It might take almost a year for the vaccine to be ready for the public (they need to do testing etc)
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2020, 01:07:04 PM »
Thank you.  Correct.  I am suggesting that since we have disrupted our lives so much and r"l sacrificed so many kedoishim, I think another couple weeks would be advantageous to continue helping the curve slowdown in hot spots, to slow down the curve in middle America, to wait for the supposedly soon to be out vaccine (?), and to hear the results of what the antibody test really means.  IOW, not to jump the gun just yet.

Timeline for a vaccine is 9 months at very least, closer to 12-18 months. Definitely not weeks.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline srap

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2020, 01:08:42 PM »
Don’t wanna be a stickler, but WWII dates are traditionally 1939-1945, round that however you want.
For the world, yes, but I am talking about us here in the US.  Comeon, @AsherO, you really want to argue about interpreting WWII dates in this thread?

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2020, 01:20:12 PM »
For the world, yes, but I am talking about us here in the US.  Comeon, @AsherO, you really want to argue about interpreting WWII dates in this thread?

For the purposes of the argument (staying at home), it would be disingenuous to count the length of the war by when the US was in it, considering the stay-at-home comparisons work better for all the countries who were in the war for the duration. And yes, WWII was 6 years, regardless of how long the US was involved. Hence the title "World" War II
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2020, 01:42:32 PM »
What's the comparison to WWII at all (especially from the US perspective)? Were there stay at home orders in the US?

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2020, 01:46:43 PM »
What's the comparison to WWII at all (especially from the US perspective)? Were there stay at home orders in the US?
I think there were in the UK and many European countries
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline srap

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2020, 01:55:32 PM »
For the purposes of the argument (staying at home), it would be disingenuous to count the length of the war by when the US was in it, considering the stay-at-home comparisons work better for all the countries who were in the war for the duration. And yes, WWII was 6 years, regardless of how long the US was involved. Hence the title "World" War II
You guys need to chill. Too much boredom going on around here. The comment was not about the length of WWII, it was about the disruption of our lives here in the US.  You want to disagree with the length of 3.5 years of our disrupted lives and say it was for the full six years, that can be respectfully debated.  I said my piece.  Not wasting my time anymore.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 02:17:39 PM by srap »

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2020, 02:06:44 PM »
You guys need to chill. Too much boredom going on around here. The comment was not about the length of WWII, it was about the disruption of our lives here in the US.  You want to disagree with the length of 3.5 years of our disrupted lives and say it was for the full six years, that can be respectfully debated.  I said my peace.  Not wasting my time anymore.

You're right, it's a stupid detail. I just think conceding the argument actually strengthens your point.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2020, 03:23:51 PM »

Sorry if I got stubborn earlier, I removed the evidence. Hope I made my point though, I can be a stickler for facts at times.

Offline ae123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2020, 03:24:51 PM »
You're right, it's a stupid detail. I just think conceding the argument actually strengthens your point.
Correct.
That was my original intent - to strengthen his point, not to nitpick it.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ae123

• View Profile

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2020, 10:55:49 AM »
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2020, 02:27:13 PM »
We can't trust anything from China but something we can and should verify ourselves.
Yup.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 28, 2020, 05:05:10 PM »
Awaiting results.
Yes, I tested positive!
Remember, I had weeks of no symptoms until the recent muscle pains.