Topic Wiki

List of symptoms 1st time vs 2nd time
@ae123    Weakness and flu-type feeling was worse the first time but now I have severe muscle pain.
« Last edited by KSMH on April 24, 2020, 12:03:50 AM »

Author Topic: Getting Corona Virus Twice  (Read 37916 times)

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Corona Virus Twice
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2020, 04:10:16 AM »
For people getting sick again it might be that the virus is still living in the body and it's just coming back

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2020, 04:24:29 AM »
I heard Dr. Birx saying last week that she hasn't yet seen enough evidence that you could get the virus a second time. Which would mean that the standard way of thinking would be that you can't get it again, like all other viruses that we know, until proven otherwise. So why would you need evidence that you can't get it again?
Hospitals seem to be under the impression you can't get it again either. I spoke to a DR at Columbia hospital last week and he told me hospital is, 7 days after your symptom free you come back to work. So maybe that's why people are dying, the Dr's and nurses might all have it.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2020, 04:26:03 AM »
Hospitals seem to be under the impression you can't get it again either. I spoke to a DR at Columbia hospital last week and he told me hospital is, 7 days after your symptom free you come back to work. So maybe that's why people are dying, the Dr's and nurses might all have it.

What kind of doctor ? Here you are trashing my proven credentials but given us unnamed sources.

Troll

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2020, 04:42:20 AM »
Fake news!!

You said you spoke to a doctor! What's his name!

Dude I don't really care.  But don't go around trolling.

My information comes from some of the top doctors in their field. It's not because I'm special, I just know a lot of doctors.

As far as re-infection. Who knows? Why risk it? And why risk it to yourself and to others?

Right now everyone still needs to be cautious

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2020, 07:29:31 AM »

If people are coming to the hospital ill, then the doctors/nurses can’t be what’s killing them. At the end of the day we need these frontline medical workers, and if they all self quarantined at home like I’m doing then the hospitals wouldn’t have staff.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline nsastamps

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2020, 09:01:43 AM »
For people getting sick again it might be that the virus is still living in the body and it's just coming back
Had the same thought. Why can’t it be like recurring strep A, where basically the antibiotics knocks it out of the body but it still stays in the tonsils and just spreads back to body. That’s the reason lots of children get their tonsils removed. And some kids could also be just carriers of strep because it just sits in their throat without spreading to their body. Can viruses do the same? Not necessarily in the tonsils but we see diseases can linger in the body for a while.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 09:30:02 AM by nsastamps »

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2020, 09:45:21 AM »
Had the same thought. Why can’t it be like recurring strep A, where basically the antibiotics knocks it out of the body but it still stays in the tonsils and just spreads back to body. That’s the reason lots of children get their tonsils removed. And some kids could also be just carriers of strep because it just sits in their throat without spreading to their body. Can viruses do the same? Not necessarily in the tonsils but we see diseases can linger in the body for a while.

I thought tonsils get removed because tonsillitis.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline nsastamps

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2020, 10:14:10 AM »
I thought tonsils get removed because tonsillitis.
Not the main reason but one of the reasons.
"According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention , strep throat is caused by a bacterial infection called group A Streptococcus. When group A strep is a recurring problem, the result can be utter misery. It's one reason why children may have their tonsils removed."

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2020, 10:26:20 AM »
The more testing, antibody testing, lingering symptoms, etc. the more it becomes clear no one knows jack squat about this virus. We know nothing about immunity, when it's contagious, nothing.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2020, 11:18:32 AM »
The more testing, antibody testing, lingering symptoms, etc. the more it becomes clear no one knows jack squat about this virus. We know nothing about immunity, when it's contagious, nothing.

Hence it’s the novel Coronavirus

Offline srap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2020, 11:44:53 AM »
Hence it’s the novel Coronavirus
Because maybe...it is a manmade virus and therefore does not follow most known patterns.  (I know I am being repetitive, but it fits.)

I don't get it.  How can people really feel confident one way or another with this monster?  We see it acts as it pleases, so many variables, so many different symptoms, so many questions, so many unproven theories.  We are only begging wave two, wave three, etc to come unless we wait for the answers vs the current GUESSES. 

We just need to SIT TIGHT and wait as we planned to do a month ago when we took STAY HOME upon ourselves.  Let them get it under control, develop the vaccines, do the testing, figure out the antibody issues, then once we emerge from our homes it will be a safer world.  World War 2 lasted three years.  This won't take that long if we follow this plan, otherwise it will just linger on and on.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2020, 11:47:07 AM »
Because maybe...it is a manmade virus and therefore does not follow most known patterns.  (I know I am being repetitive, but it fits.)

I don't get it.  How can people really feel confident one way or another with this monster?  We see it acts as it pleases, so many variables, so many different symptoms, so many questions, so many unproven theories.  We are only begging wave two, wave three, etc to come unless we wait for the answers vs the current GUESSES. 

We just need to SIT TIGHT and wait as we planned to do a month ago when we took STAY HOME upon ourselves.  Let them get it under control, develop the vaccines, do the testing, figure out the antibody issues, then once we emerge from our homes it will be a safer world.  World War 2 lasted three years.  This won't take that long if we follow this plan, otherwise it will just linger on and on.

If humans engineered it to be this way, a special section in h*ll has to be created just for them.

Offline ae123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2020, 12:00:20 PM »

Great post.
Except that WWII lasted even longer than 3 years.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 12:10:39 PM by ae123 »

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2020, 12:03:30 PM »
Great post.
Except the WWII lasted even longer than 3 years.

By what measure did WWII last 4 years, even if you’re starting at Pearl Harbor it was still nearly 3.5 years, and America didn’t enter the war until 2+ years after it started.

Offline simple26

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2020, 12:04:43 PM »

You might be right but just to be clear this was not the government strategy, it was to SLOW the curb, mainly not to overwhelm the system not that everyone should stay put until there is a way out

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2020, 12:05:42 PM »
By what measure did WWII last 4 years, even if you’re starting at Pearl Harbor it was still nearly 3.5 years, and America didn’t enter the war until 2+ years after it started.
Great post.
Except the WWII lasted even longer than 3 years.

WWII isn't measured by the US entering it, IINM.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2020, 12:06:32 PM »
WWII isn't measured by the US entering it, IINM.

Agreed. Just wondering where the 3 years came from.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2020, 12:09:39 PM »
Freaky. Is it safe to say there is MUCH more we don’t know than know?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2020, 12:42:49 PM »

Maybe eating carbs is a susceptibility factor? We should all eat chicken, eggs and salad and drink water exclusively for the next 2 years until it’s conclusively proven otherwise.

The point is we need a balance. We can’t know everything but we can make reasonable choices based on the most likely parameters or the course of the virus and adjust as more is known. To sit at home for two years because we don’t know enough is beyond absurd.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 12:49:00 PM by Yard sale »