Author Topic: Can we stop this stupidity?!? Corona IS dangerous to young people.  (Read 16887 times)

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Can we stop this stupidity ?!?
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2020, 04:21:01 AM »
https://news4sanantonio.com/news/coronavirus/accelerated-urgent-care-provides-statistical-update-on-covid-19

Well these guys are really crazy and clueless
How dare they think or do anything you disagree with. I think I'm catching your flow.

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2020, 04:23:39 AM »
How dare they think or do anything you disagree with. I think I'm catching your flow.

What a troll. Get a life

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2020, 04:25:30 AM »
What a troll. Get a life
Again, because someone said something you disagree with. You see how it might be hard to take you seriously when you clearly have an agenda ?

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2020, 04:38:11 AM »
Again, because someone said something you disagree with. You see how it might be hard to take you seriously when you clearly have an agenda ?

I don't have an agenda. How would you know?

Their comments about patients not coming in for other medical issues are a concern.

Their other comments about herd immunity is dumb. So everyone goes and gets infected, we overwhelm the healthcare system, only a few hundred thousand die . Pfft

Some of the drastic measures taken seem extreme if you look back.  I don't think the projected death rates of rapid spread were very off had drastic measures not been taken

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-04-08/240-000-covid-19-deaths-putting-trumps-death-projections-in-perspective

A lot of people are saying that he was shown bad data. I think in retrospect the numbers could have been much higher If everybody in the country got it at once

500k+ easily.

There are questions as to how long the virus lasts. But unless we know for sure, one can't make assumptions. Is it dying down? Who knows

Offline Yammer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2020, 05:26:33 AM »
Can’t be. The Jewish community in the NYC area was hammered nebech with so many deaths yashem yirachem.
Of you take out daily lifestyle into the picture you can see why we got it so strong. Its basically the reason why we would have herd immunity by now.

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2020, 05:33:22 AM »
I don't have an agenda. How would you know?

Their comments about patients not coming in for other medical issues are a concern.

Their other comments about herd immunity is dumb. So everyone goes and gets infected, we overwhelm the healthcare system, only a few hundred thousand die . Pfft

Some of the drastic measures taken seem extreme if you look back.  I don't think the projected death rates of rapid spread were very off had drastic measures not been taken

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-04-08/240-000-covid-19-deaths-putting-trumps-death-projections-in-perspective

A lot of people are saying that he was shown bad data. I think in retrospect the numbers could have been much higher If everybody in the country got it at once

500k+ easily.

There are questions as to how long the virus lasts. But unless we know for sure, one can't make assumptions. Is it dying down? Who knows

The original argument was that we get a huge spike, overwhelm the healthcare system and run out of ventilators resulting in hundreds of thousands of deaths. Well in NYC just about everyone for whom doctors wanted a ventilator, got a ventilator. And 88% of those put on the ventilators died. Yet the fatality rate was nowhere near the huge numbers they were throwing out. So that argument doesn’t really hold water.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2020, 06:30:50 AM »
The original argument was that we get a huge spike, overwhelm the healthcare system and run out of ventilators resulting in hundreds of thousands of deaths. Well in NYC just about everyone for whom doctors wanted a ventilator, got a ventilator. And 88% of those put on the ventilators died. Yet the fatality rate was nowhere near the huge numbers they were throwing out. So that argument doesn’t really hold water.

I didnt know much about ventilator use and treatment at the beginning.

They treated patients as they knew how to. Would the numbers be lower with better treatment? Absolutely.

Now, we still don't know what will happen. Hence the endless discussion.

But the original numbers reflected the data they had then which includes limited knowledge of the virus

Arguing against the projected numbers as a way of saying we over reacted is merely guesswork.

The concern was an NYC like outbreak all over the country.

California saved this with LA.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2020, 06:38:19 AM »
In Miami Dade county of 2.5 million there's a reported 287 death's.

So I mean yeah I'm tempted to lick the bus benches and all.

It's great to look forward. It's just hoping that everyone doesn't run out and the infection rate exploding.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2020, 07:55:19 AM »
Again if your point is to take it seriously. Showing pictures of countless levayas is real enough to make a point. Bringing up super rare cases is like Al Gore predicting Miami was gonna disappear in 2020.
Since everything is politics with you wouldn't Trump saying 15 will be 0 be a better example?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2020, 09:00:46 AM »

88% on ventilators didn’t die - https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/health/coronavirus-ventilator-patients-die/index.html

And NYC was overwhelmed despite the lockdown. How exactly does that prove that without a lockdown NYC wouldn’t get more overwhelmed? I think a common mistake people make - is that they believe everyone Jewish got it, so therefore everyone In NYC already got it. The truth is exactly as was predicted - due to our beautiful lifestyle, the Jewish people got it the fastest and the harshest, before the lockdowns were in place. The rest of the population didn’t spread it as fast and greatly benefited from a lockdown.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yitzgar

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2020, 09:05:57 AM »
88% on ventilators didn’t die - https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/health/coronavirus-ventilator-patients-die/index.html

And NYC was overwhelmed despite the lockdown. How exactly does that prove that without a lockdown NYC wouldn’t get more overwhelmed? I think a common mistake people make - is that they believe everyone Jewish got it, so therefore everyone In NYC already got it. The truth is exactly as was predicted - due to our beautiful lifestyle, the Jewish people got it the fastest and the harshest, before the lockdowns were in place. The rest of the population didn’t spread it as fast and greatly benefited from a lockdown.
I think he meant that since most on ventilators died anyway(supposedly), a ventilator shortage wouldn't have increased the numbers significantly.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2020, 09:07:46 AM »
I think he meant that since most on ventilators died anyway(supposedly), a ventilator shortage wouldn't have increased the numbers significantly.

I understood his point and therefore I disputed the fact that 88% died. Not claiming he was making it up as the study originally said that and was misinterpreted.
Visibly Jewish

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2020, 09:11:07 AM »
Be careful with these numbers.

"The original report in JAMA stated that 12% of patients required ventilation and of them 88% died -- but those numbers only represented a minority of patients whose outcome was known, not the entire body of patients. The updated numbers include all of the patients, including those who remained in the hospital at the time the data was gathered on April 4.
The team looked at the electronic health records of 5,700 patients with coronavirus disease hospitalized at Northwell Health. Final outcomes were known for 2,634 of them. Davidson said 1,151 patients required ventilators. Of them, just 3.3% were discharged from the hospital by April 4, the day the records were collected. Another 282, or 24.5%, died and 831 -- 72% -- remained in the hospital, Richardson said."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2020, 09:16:48 AM »
Be careful with these numbers.

"The original report in JAMA stated that 12% of patients required ventilation and of them 88% died -- but those numbers only represented a minority of patients whose outcome was known, not the entire body of patients. The updated numbers include all of the patients, including those who remained in the hospital at the time the data was gathered on April 4.
The team looked at the electronic health records of 5,700 patients with coronavirus disease hospitalized at Northwell Health. Final outcomes were known for 2,634 of them. Davidson said 1,151 patients required ventilators. Of them, just 3.3% were discharged from the hospital by April 4, the day the records were collected. Another 282, or 24.5%, died and 831 -- 72% -- remained in the hospital, Richardson said."

He's not saying 88% lived, just that saying "88% died" is false.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2020, 09:19:35 AM »
He's not saying 88% lived, just that saying "88% died" is false.
Unless I am reading it wrong we don't know how many died as 831 are still in the hospitals. Are those 831 still on/off ventilators?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2020, 09:26:59 AM »
Unless I am reading it wrong we don't know how many died as 831 are still in the hospitals. Are those 831 still on/off ventilators?

From anecdotal data from the Orthodox Jewish communities, many of those who were on vents prior to April 4th have come off.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2020, 09:30:32 AM »
From anecdotal data from the Orthodox Jewish communities, many of those who were on vents prior to April 4th have come off.
Unless we know the outcome of those 831 we won't know the final %. That is why I said be careful with the numbers. It will turn out to be a lot higher unless those 831 are currently off ventilators. The way I read it they are still on ventilators and in the hospital.

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2020, 09:31:43 AM »
In Miami Dade county of 2.5 million there's a reported 287 death's.

So I mean yeah I'm tempted to lick the bus benches and all.

It's great to look forward. It's just hoping that everyone doesn't run out and the infection rate exploding.
And according to seroprevalence studies there are at least 165k people infected in Miami-Dade county.

https://t.co/BygYwcPxDq

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2020, 09:35:22 AM »
And according to seroprevalence studies there are at least 165k people infected in Miami-Dade county.

https://t.co/BygYwcPxDq

I hope these numbers are true, but I have serious doubts regarding the accuracy of the anti-bodies tests. I feel like the prevalence of false positives due to other similar coronavirus infections is going to inflate the numbers. Consider the high fatality rate amongst African-Americans in NY/NJ, it doesn't make sense that so many of them had it in Miami with no symptoms.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 09:42:56 AM by Lurker »

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2020, 09:49:19 AM »
Unless we know the outcome of those 831 we won't know the final %. That is why I said be careful with the numbers. It will turn out to be a lot higher unless those 831 are currently off ventilators. The way I read it they are still on ventilators and in the hospital.
we dont know what the outcome will be, but to say 88% died is false. To say "only 25% died" and infer that 75% survived is also wrong. In all likelyhood the sickest already died and the healthiest were discharged, while the remainder are somewhere in the middle.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.